Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I'll Hate You Forever (I Think) by kris250

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
~



The Marauders were in their ‘lab’ once again. “Okay, so we need a big prank.” Sirius stated. “I think we’ve been slacking lately, as only one prank has been pulled so far this year.”

Peter nodded. “I agree. We need something big.”

Remus sighed. “We all know, Peter, which is why Sirius already said that.”

James appeared to be deep in thought. “Hey, guys?” He asked. “I have an idea. What do you say we get Amos Diggory?” Although it had been someone under the Polyjuice Potion, James still wasn’t able to get the image of Diggory strangling Lily out of his head. Even worse, it had been Diggory who had asked Lily out in the first place.

Sirius nodded slowly. “That could work, if we time it right. Are we trying to humiliate or harm?”

“Just humiliate.” Remus interjected. “We’ve done enough harm in the last couple years.”

James looked slightly downcast, but reluctantly agreed. “Okay, but only if we bring one more person into it.”

“Who is it? Who is it?” Peter asked eagerly.

“That twisted girlfriend of Rodolphus Lestrange. Bellatrix.”

Sirius looked much happier at the thought of bringing his family into it and utterly embarrassing them. “Alright, I agree, so let’s do it!”

Remus raised an eyebrow. “We should do this just because you agree to?”

“Of course.” Sirius said impatiently. “Now come on! We need ideas for the actual prank!”

Remus smiled. “I vote that we do one that we’ve done plenty of times before, just for old times sake.”

Peter looked at him. “What prank? I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

“That could work.” Sirius said slowly. “But it has to be in front of the whole school, maybe at dinner. And we’ll need the right dialogue before and after, to complete the effect.”

James nodded. “I think I’ve got something in mind that should work well, considering the… er… nature of the prank.”

Peter looked from one Marauder to another. “What prank is this again? I can’t remember…” But the other Marauders weren’t paying much attention.

Sirius clapped his hands together. “Okay, so tomorrow after breakfast. We’’l get ‘em with the oldest prank in the book. They’ll get what’s coming to them.”

Peter sighed. “I still don’t know what’s going on.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily awoke to the sun streaming in through the windows. She rubbed her eyes and slowly got out of bed. The boys had apparently already left the dorm, as she was all alone. Lily looked into a mirror hanging on a wall, probably hung out of Sirius’s vanity, and smiled faintly as she noticed that the swelling in her neck had gone down considerably, and the color was almost back to normal.

Lily walked down the stairs tentatively, not wanting anyone to see her. Although no one from her grade was in the common room, several first years stared in shock at the sight of a prefect coming out of the boys’ dormitories. Hastily, Lily blurted out, “Surprise inspections.” The group just looked at her, as most first years tended to do, then turned back to their work.

She made her way up back to her own dorm room, and peeped in the door. Lily sighed. As usual, her two friends were wasting away a perfectly good morning by sleeping. However, it worked out for her this once.

Pushing the door open, she grabbed a turtleneck from her trunk, to hide her bruises. Lily didn’t really want anyone to know what had happened to her last night. At least, not yet.

In the bathroom, Lily’s two years as a make-up artist in secondary Muggle school were put to use as she hid bruises, paleness, and bags. She looked into the mirror with approval. She looked pretty much normal.

A sudden pounding came at the door. Lily quickly opened it to reveal a frowning Alex. “You know, other people do have to use this bathroom too.” She informed Lily.

Lily grinned. “And yet you fail to remember your own daily two hours spent in here.”

Alex crossed her arms. “Very funny. Care to let me in?”

Lily stepped aside. “As you wish- hold on!” When Alex passed, she had exposed her neck to Lily. “Is that a hickey!”

The accused grinned happily as she inspected her reflection in the mirror. “Yeah.” Alex sighed dreamily.

“Alex,” Lily chided. “What on earth were you doing last night?”

“I was… with Sirius.” Alex replied.

“All night?”

Alex shifted uncomfortably. “Well, not exactly.”

Lily sighed heavily. “You can’t just throw yourself at every boy who presents himself to you, even Sirius.”

“You don’t understand Lily,” Alex began. “Sirius is different than the rest. He’s special. He makes me feel happier than I’ve ever felt before, draws out parts of me that I didn’t know existed. Just being with him is magical. I can’t imagine life without him.”

“Alex, I think you’re rushing into this relationship.” Lily said nervously. “I mean, you’re only sixteen. Don’t you think that’s a little young to have found someone to just devote yourself to?”

Alex turned to her. “No. I love him Lily. More than I’ve ever loved anyone before.”

Lily started. “Love? That’s… that’s a big word, Alex.”

“I know. And I mean it. When you find someone you love, it’s exciting and dangerous and amazing. Some people are just MEANT for each other, you know? Sirius and me. Alice and Frank. You and… well… Potter.”

Lily stuttered, “Potter! What does- He and I- We- No- You- What!”

Alex grinned. “Yes, you and James. Lily Potter. That does have a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?”

Amid Lily’s sputters, Alex forced her out of the room. Lily was still in shock as Alice blearily rubbed her eyes from her bed. “Lily? What’s going on?”

“LILY POTTER IS NOT A NICE NAME!” Lily yelled, and stomped down the stairs.

Alice stared after her in a dazed state of confusion. Alex opened the bathroom door as soon as she deemed it safe.

“What was THAT about?” Alice questioned.

Alex giggled. “Lily and James.”

“Oh.” Alice nodded, and a few seconds passed. “Lily Potter does sound nice, doesn’t it?”

Alex nodded seriously, before breaking out in peals of laughter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Notes:

What prank is being pulled? Thank you to all reviewers, fans, and critics, for your support praise, and encouragement. When I see those letters in my inbox, it just makes my day!