Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

How Do I Love Thee? by Phoebe Cat

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Two - In the Boy’s Room



Ginny tiptoed down the hall to the room her brother had shared with Harry Potter for the last two weeks. It was almost midnight but she figured they were still awake. She had left a book in their room earlier so she would have an excuse to come back later. She tapped lightly on the door, but got no answer. She slowly opened the door so not to wake them. The light from the hall swept over the room, but no one was there.



They must have sneaked down to the kitchen for a snack. Ginny sighed. I’ll just find my book and be off before they get back. She spotted her copy of Quiddich Through the Ages on the bedside table but something else caught her eye.



It was a note addressed to “anyone who finds this.” Ginny recognized Ron’s handwriting and quickly opened the note.



To Whom It May Concern:

Harry and I have gone out for a short while. We will return soon. Do not worry.

Ronald Weasley




Ginny panicked. What were they thinking! No place was safe these days, especially for Harry Potter. She knew she had to tell someone. But if they were OK, she would just end up getting them in terrible trouble. Maybe they would be back soon. She decided to wait ten minutes to see if they returned before alerting the guard.



Ginny sat down on the bed and mindlessly thumbed through her book. She looked down at her nightgown. I really should have put on my robe before coming to Harry’s room, she thought. She was wearing a short blue cotton gown that showed off her petite figure. Feeling a bit sleepy, she laid her head back. She realized immediately that she had chosen Harry’s bed to rest on. She could smell his shampoo on the pillow. A calm came over her as she pictured his emerald green eyes and messy raven hair. She smiled at the picture of him that her mind’s eye drew. Harry in his quiddich uniform, looking very handsome, smiling as he held up the snitch. Stop it! Just stop it. You made a big enough of a fool of yourself that first year at Hogwarts.



Fortunately for Ginny, Harry had never reminded her of the crush she had on him or that stupid singing valentine she sent. He must have known the kind of things she had written about him in Tom Riddle’s diary. But he had not teased her about any of this, and in spite of it, they had become good friends.



Ginny tried but she couldn’t get Harry off her mind. Thoughts of him consumed her. She rolled over and put her face into his pillow. She started to fantasize about how it would feel to have him lying next to her, holding her, kissing her…



A commotion in the hallway startled her awake. Ginny looked at the clock and saw that it was after two a.m. Oh my gosh! I fell asleep! She rushed to the bedroom door and opened it but no one was there.



Just then Harry and Ron came out from under Harry’s invisibility cloak and stumbled into the room laughing hysterically. “What’s this? Drunk and Drunker?” Ginny was annoyed.



The boys hardly noticed Ginny as they continued to laugh. “Did you see how that blonde grabbed my”" Ron was stopped in mid sentence.



“Shhh!” Ginny tried to quite them. “You’ll wake the whole house. Where have you been! I was worried sick! Something awful could have happened!” Ginny’s hands were on her hips. She was looking and sounding very much like her mother.



“But it didn’t, so don’t worry little sister.” Ron patted Ginny on the head and collapsed face first onto his bed.



Ginny looked alarmed. “Don’t worry, he’ll be OK. Just needs to sleep it off.” Harry chuckled.



After they took off Ron’s shoes and threw a blanket over him, Ginny turned to Harry, “And you? I suppose you are sober?”



“No. Not exactly. But I do seem to be fairing better than Ron.”



“Well where have you been?”



“We went to a muggle pub.”



“Are you crazy? What if someone had seen you? Someone…you know, someone undesirable.”



“You mean like Voldemort?" Harry raised his eyebrows and spoke in a spooky voice.



“You know what I mean!” She pushed him in the chest with both hands causing him to stumble backwards.



Harry chuckled. “I’m sorry we scared you, Ginny. We just had to blow off some steam after being cooped up here for so long. After all it was my birthday.”



“But Harry, we offered to have a special celebration for your birthday and you said ‘No.’ We could have had decorations and cake and food and presents!”



“Well, I really didn’t feel like making a big deal out of it. Ron had this idea, and I just wanted to see what it might be like to be a normal teenager for a change.”



Harry sat down on his bed and he patted to spot beside him. When Ginny sat beside him he felt a warm rush fill his body. Is that the alcohol? He realized that Ginny was sitting so close to him that he could feel her, but the heat he was feeling was coming from inside. Just tell her the story. Don’t look at her, don’t feel her touch. Harry finally relaxed and focused on the adventures of the pub. They laughed when he told her about Ron trying to pick up muggle girls. He finished by telling her about the phone call to Hermione.



“Can we just keep this whole thing between us?” He asked.



“OK, I won’t tell anyone. But if you pull anything like this again, I’ll…I’ll…put a bat-bogey hex on both of you.” Ginny smiled.



At that moment, Harry seemed to loose his inhibitions. “Speaking of hexes, there’s something I’m curious about.” Harry said, with a devilish grin on his face. “Come here.” He stood up, facing Ginny and pulled her close. “Um, let’s see.”



Harry put both of his hands on her waist. They looked each other in the eye. “Erm, nothing.” He said. Ginny had a confused look on her face. Harry looked at her like he was trying to figure out how to work a new gadget. He reached both arms around her hips and put his hands on her butt.



“What do you think you are doing?” Ginny quickly jerked away from him.



“An experiment.” He laughed and pulled Ginny back onto the bed and his hands continued to roam.



SMACK! It only took Ginny about thirty seconds to slap Harry in the face.



“Ouch! That hurt!”



“What do you expect? Coming home drunk and trying that stuff on me. Really Harry! If you are interested in a girl, you should start a little slower.”



Harry just smiled in his drunken stupor. “I think it wore off.”



“What wore off? What are you talking about?”



“Oh, nothing. See you in the morning, Ginny.” Harry fell back into his pillow and fell asleep with a smile on his face.



Ginny didn’t bother to remove his shoes or cover him with a blanket. She stormed out of the room in a huff. Under her breath she whispered, “What a prat!”





A/N: I know its not like Harry to feel up Ginny, I had to get him drunk to make him do it!