Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

How Do I Love Thee? by Phoebe Cat

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3 “ In the Kitchen




The next day, Harry managed to drag himself down to the kitchen by two in the afternoon. So this is a hangover. He thought. I feel like some tiny elves crawled into my mouth and knitted sweaters on my teeth. His head was throbbing and his stomach churning.



He was relieved to see that no one was around. Most everyone had jobs or Order business to attend to, so the kitchen was empty. Mrs. Weasley had left food from both breakfast and lunch out for Harry and Ron. She hadn’t bothered to wake them. That was unusual.



Harry got a glass of water and sat down. He considered eating, but wasn’t sure he could keep anything down. He began to re-live the events of the night before. Suddenly he remembered what he had done to Ginny. I can’t believe I did that. I’ve only kissed one girl one time and then I go and pull something like that on Ginny. My best friend’s little sister. What was I thinking? That’s it, I wasn’t thinking. It was the alcohol. But still that’s no excuse.



Then a little smirk came across his face. It had felt nice…touching Ginny. Her skin was so soft and smooth. Harry shook his head as if to shake out that thought. Get a grip, Potter she’s Ginny…your best friend’s sister…your friend…just friends…just friends?



At that moment, Ginny came into the kitchen.



The grin on Harry’s face didn’t do anything to placate her anger.



“Gin, I’m sorry…” he began apologetically.



Before he could get it out, Ginny grabbed an apple and headed for the door. “I don’t care to talk to you, Harry Potter.” She said with an angry look. Just as she got to the door she turned around and threw the apple at Harry hitting him in the head!



She stormed out of the kitchen almost knocking down a groggy Ron who had somehow managed to crawl down the stairs. His hair was messier than Harry’s (if that’s possible) and he was still wearing the clothes he had worn to bed.



“What’s her problem?” Ron said angrily.



It wasn’t going to be easy to tell Ron what had happened after he passed out, but Harry figured he might as well get it over with. Ron would find out sooner or later and it would be better coming from Harry than someone else.



“I have to tell you something about last night, mate.”



“Let me get some water first,” Ron mumbled. “I think I’m going to be sick.” Ron headed for the sink, but he suddenly broke into a run and headed out the back door. The sound of Ron retching in the yard almost made Harty toss his cookies too.



Ron returned to the kitchen and got some water. “So, what’s up?” He scratched his aching head and sat down opposite Harry.




“Well, I think that spell that Fred and George put on Ginny has worn off.” Said Harry tentatively.




Ron reached for a strip of bacon and then changed his mind. “What makes you say that?”



“After you were asleep last night, I tested it.” Harry said with a wince. He paused to see if Ron comprehended what he had just said.



“How could you test it? He paused. “Wait a minute,” Ron suddenly understood, “What did you do to my sister?” Ron glared at Harry. Then a look of relief came over his face. “Well you couldn’t have gotten too far, with the spell and all.”



“That’s what I’m trying to tell you. I got far enough to know that there is no spell or at least it’s worn off. When I touched her, I didn’t suddenly have an urgent errand to run nor did anything of mine fall off!” Harry pulled back from the table a bit to get out of Ron’s reach. “But you don’t have to worry about Ginny,” he added, “She can take care of herself. She slapped me harder that that Hungarian Horntail did during the Tri-Wizard Tournament!”



“No wonder she’s mad at you. Harry, how could you do that to her?” Ron looked disappointed at his best friend. “What exactly did you do?”



“Ron, please don’t make me give you all of the details. Let’s just say that I did something very stupid and now I know that there is no hex,” said Harry shamefully.



Ron sat there looking at Harry. “I don’t know whether to challenge you to a duel or just kick your ass right here. I never thought you would do something like this.”



“I never thought I’d do something that stupid either.” Harry hung his head. “I just wasn’t myself and Ginny was there in our room…” in that skimpy gown. He hoped he hadn’t said that last part out loud. “But that’s no excuse. I’m a real shit.”



Ron thought it over for a few minutes. If it had been any other guy, he would have already punched him out. At least Harry had owned up to his mistake. “I guess you are the only guy that would have been honest with me about it.” Ron looked Harry in the eye, the former breathed heavily, trying to cool down.


Harry looked relieved that Ron calmed down a bit. “There is something else I should to tell you.”



“What else did you do Potter!” Ron stood up again pulling back his fist in anger.



“Nothing! This is about what you did!”



“Me? What are you talking about?” Ron said with a puzzled look on his face.



“Do you remember calling Hermione from the pub last night?”



“Oh yeah! I called to say hello.” Ron smiled at the thought of Hermione. She would be there in just a few hours.



“Ron, that’s not all you said” Harry told Ron what he had said to Hermione word for word.



When he finished Ron had his hands in his hair with ginger locks tangled in his fingers. “Bloody hell! Harry why didn’t you stop me! Why?”



“I tried mate, you just wouldn’t listen. I did finally manage to wrestle the phone out of your hand. When I spoke to Hermione, she was livid! So I guess when she arrives tonight, we’ll both be in the doghouse!”


Ron put his head down on the table and said to himself, “What a prat!”