Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

How Do I Love Thee? by Phoebe Cat

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 6 “ In the Garden



Hermione and Ginny entered the garden. It was lush with summer growth. Although it hadn’t been cared for in many years, trees and flowers in it were still lovely. The smell of honeysuckle drifted through the air. Tonks and Lupin had found the time to at least clear the pathways that led through the garden so that they could walk through without feeling like they were in a jungle.



Continuing down the path, they came to a clearing where Harry and Ron were waiting. The boys did not see them approach because they were lying on their backs looking up at the clouds.



“Hey, that one looks like Hagrid!” Harry said.



“And that one looks like a big set of knockers!" Ron was interrupted.



“Ron, you may want to hold that thought,” Hermione cut him off.



Ron and Harry immediately jumped up stood to greet the girls. Ron almost gasped at the sight of Hermione. She was wearing a pink skirt and matching blouse. He couldn’t remember ever seeing Hermione look so beautiful. What is she trying to do to me! Ron thought.



Ginny was a bit more understated in a pair of faded jeans and a T-shirt with the name of a Muggle rock group on it. Harry would have thought her lovely in a paper bag!



Harry invited them to sit and share their picnic. As they ate sandwiches and fruit, they talked about school, Quiddich and anything except their arguments. When they had finished eating their treacle fudge for dessert, Harry asked Ginny to come with him so he could speak to her in private.



He led Ginny further into the garden, leaving Ron alone with Hermione.



Ron looked at Hermione. She was so pretty. He couldn’t help but stare at her, his mouth slightly open.



“Ron?“



Ron suddenly realized that he has staring at her chest. His eyes immediately met hers. “I’m really sorry about that phone call, Mione,” Ron rushed his words. “I would never want to do anything to hurt our friendship. I depend on you so much. I don’t want to loose you.”



“That’s sweet, Ron. I guess I may have overreacted but you just made me feel like all I was to you was an object. And that hurt,” Hermione said sadly.



Ron looked into Hermione’s eyes. “That’s not all I want to do with you…I want to hold your hand and take a walk by the lake…I want to feel your head on my shoulder …I want to whisper in your ear…I even want to argue with you”“



“You do?” questioned Hermione.



“Yeah. It kinda turns me on," He grinned.



Ron had moved closer and closer to Hermione as he spoke until he was inches from her face. “But right now, more than anything, I want to kiss you…but…I…I…I’m afraid...I don’t know…” He continued to stare into her eyes intently.



Hermione stared into Ron’s deep blue eyes, his gorgeous ginger hair, his cute freckles, and his soft full lips…at that moment, it was Hermione who was overcome by hormones. She tackled Ron throwing him back on the blanket and landed on top of him. She put her hands in his hair and kissed him passionately. When Ron came out of shock he responded. He wrapped his arms around her waist, then moved his hands up and down her back. Hermione moved her hands to his face, caressing every feature. Ron’s hands explored lower…lower…until he could feel the bottom of Hermione’s skirt. Ron rolled her over and was now resting half of his weight on her. They continued kissing. He kissed her lips, her face, her neck and her chest. Hermione’s hands moved inside Ron’s T-shirt. She scratched his back causing him to moan with pleasure. Ron moved his hand down her side feeling the curve that was her waist then to her hip. He then brought his hand back up slowly, this time his fingers slid under her shirt…higher…higher…just then Ron sat up in alarm.



“Did you hear that?” he said as he caught his breath.



“No, what was it?” Hermione looked around the clearing.



When their eyes met, both immediately looked away. It was Ron who broke the silence. “Erm…that was nice Hermione…yeah…real nice.”



She looked up at him slowly; “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…” She lowered her eyes to Ron’s lap.



“Hermione!” he yelled as he quickly covered up his excitement with the sweater he had discarded earlier. His trademark red face and ears appeared.



She looked down and bit her lip. “I suppose you’ll be going inside…for a shower?”



“Erm…yeah…yeah…that’s what I’ll do. See you at dinner ‘Mione.” He stood up continuing to hold the sweater in front of himself.



He smiled as they headed for the house. I wonder how long she’s going to tease me like that? . Then he smiled even bigger.



*




Harry took Ginny far enough from the others so they could be alone. They sat down on a low brick wall and faced each other. Since Ginny was wearing jeans she was able to put one leg over the wall and sit facing Harry. He sat the same way, their knees almost touching.



“I didn’t mean to hurt you, Ginny,” Harry started.



“I know, that’s”“ Ginny started to say, but Harry put his finger to her lips.



“Let me finish. I was totally out of line and I hope that you can forgive me. If I ever did anything to destroy our friendship, I could never forgive myself." He looked into her sparkling chocolate eyes. “You have become such an important part of my life. I need your friendship more than you know,” Harry continued, looking into her eyes when he finished.



Yeah the old “I just want to be friends speech,” I guess I’ll have to settle for that, Ginny thought.



She smiled at Harry to show that she accepted his apology. Then she almost chuckled.



“Harry, did you really tell my mum everything?” Ginny winced.





“I had to. The veritaserum. I couldn’t stop myself,” Harry smiled and shook his head.



“Did you actually say that you put your hand…”



“On your...boobs? Yes, I actually said that to your mum.” Harry shook his head. “I also told her that I tried to take your knickers for a souvenir.” He rolled his eyes at himself.



Ginny’s eyes were dancing with laughter. Harry just wanted to drink her in. He just wasn’t sure that this was the right time. But he thought it might be worth the risk. How can I tell her? Is this the right time? What should I say?



He settled for, “Would you like a butterbeer? I think your mum put some in the basket.”



She started to get up. “You wait right here," Harry said, "I’ll be right back.” He touched her leg. Harry returned in a few minutes empty-handed. He had a strange look on his face. As he sat down and shook his head from side to side as if to shake out a thought.



“What’s wrong, Harry? Where are the butterbeers?” Ginny questioned.



“I forgot them,” he said with a crooked smile.



Harry sat back down on the wall and faced a bemused Ginny. He took a breath and sighed. It’s now or never. He thought.



“You said something that night, I remember,” Harry said timidly. “Something about ‘if you are interested in a girl, you should start a little slower.’ Was that how you put it?”



What’s this? Ginny thought. Is he actually going to ask me how to get a girlfriend? I don’t think I can take this.



“Yeah,” she replied, “something like that.”



“Well…what should I do first?” Harry teased her.




Ginny became a little angry, but she didn’t want to start another row with Harry. “Try holding her hand and kissing a little to start. That should do.” How thick was he? She got up and started back to rejoin the others, but Harry was too quick. He grabbed her by the wrist.



“Sit back down, please. I need your help.” He took her hand in both of his. He had never noticed how small her hand was. “Like this?” he said.



I can’t believe he is torturing me like this. “Yes, like that. Can I go now?” She tried to leave again. Harry stood beside her still holding her hand.



“No. I need you.” He bent down slowly and kissed her softly, barely opening his lips so she could taste him. “Like that?” he said as he pulled away.


He needs me! Needs me to practice on so he’ll be ready for someone else! “Yes. Harry, like that. Can I go now?" She was getting exasperated with him.



“No. I don’t think I did it right.”



“WHAT?” Ginny said incredulously.



“Well…the girl I fancy keeps trying to get away from me.”



“What? You just got though telling me that you just wanted to be friends and now you are saying that you like me? Don’t play with me like this, Harry Potter. My heart can’t take it!”



“I didn’t say I only wanted to be friends. I said that our friendship is the most important thing. I do want to be your friend. It’s just that I thought it would be nice to be more that friends.”



“Why? So you can molest me without a guilty conscience?” Her face was getting red with anger.



“Erm…no not that,” he teased again. “Erm...How do I love thee, let me count the ways.” He quoted the poetry book that Hermione had given him.



“What?”



“I love thee to the depth and height my soul can reach.”



“What?”



“I’m trying to say ‘I love you’, Ginny Weasley!”



Ginny remembered the poetry book Hermione had told her about. Tears welled up in her eyes. Harry smiled brightly at her. “You are so beautiful.” He kissed a tear as it ran down her cheek. Then he kissed her lips with all of the love he had. He felt her relax in his arms and eventually respond to him. Their kisses became more passionate as they began exploring each other. Harry became aroused much to Ginny’s amusement.



“So...is that The Philosopher’s Stone in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?” She said with a smirk.



Harry smiled and whispered in her ear, “What a prat.”




THE END




A/N: Did you figure out what startled Ron when he was making out with Hermione? And why Harry came back empty handed when he went to get the butterbeers?

The two lines of poetry quoted by Harry were from the poem “How Do I Love Thee’, by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.