Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Saying it out Loud by lanalang92

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N Alas, I do not own Harry Potter. I have just taken Jo's brilliance and played around with it.

Hermione’s Diary: April 3

Dear Diary,

I’ll never say it. Not out loud at least. I’ll say it to myself over and over again, just because I like hearing it. It’ll be my secret. Nobody has to know anyway. It’s not my fault he’s so (I’m sorry Ron, but I’m using you favorite word) bloody handsome!

No it’s not Harry or Ron or even Seamus. It’s Malfoy, ( to myself I like to refer to him as Draco) I know, Diary, if you could talk you’d scream, “WHAT?? MALFOY? ARE YOU CRAZY?” But he’s changed, he really has. He’s no longer mean and hateful all the time. Ever since his father dies he has stopped being as Malfoyish. But, I know he’ll never stop hating me. I’ll always just be Granger the Mudblood to him.

Oh, I wish it could be different, I really do. I wish I could drop to my feet in front of him and pour out my feelings. I would tell him everything, even about how much I love that little smirk of his he always seems to be wearing. I would tell him that in the last few months of my life I have been spending all of my spare time thinking about him. Or about how I have thrown out a dozen essays because they were too full of ‘Mrs. Hermione Malfoy’ or ‘Mrs. Draco Malfoy’ or ‘ Hermione and Draco, True love forever’ or Hermione loves Draco’ to be able to fit anything else on them. I would tell him that he is the only guy I have ever REALLY liked. Victor (not Vicky) does not count, because I really didn’t like him that much. I thought of him as more of a friend. I wish I could do all those things, but I know I can’t, because he would avoid me forever, not to mention mock me until the day I die. I would be rejected, which is something I’m not used to, and I don’t want to experience it anytime soon, thank you very much.

You, my dear Diary, are the only one I can trust with my secret. Because I know you’d never tell.




Hermione was awoken early one Sunday morning to Lavender and Parvati’s shrieks.

“He asked you?”

“Yes! I have been waiting forever for Seamus to ask me to go to Hogsmead with him and he finally did!”

Lavender saw that Hermione was awake and sauntered over to her. She then pulled her out of her bed and started dancing around the room with her chanting (“I’m going to Hogsmead with Seamus! I’m going to Hogsmead with Seamus!”) over and over again. She said it so many times that Hermione was sure they would all be saying it in their sleep.

When she finally broke free of Lavender’s death grip, Hermione walked over to her trunk to pick out today’s outfit. She ended up choosing a light green T-shirt and a long, flowing white skirt.

She headed to the bathroom. Even above the roar of the steaming hot water of her shower, Hermione could still hear Parvati and Lavender squealing.

‘Oh, goodness! Will they ever get over themselves?’ Hermione wondered. ‘Probably not.’ She answered her own question.

Hermione turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. She wrapped her hair in a towel, got dressed, and began to primp herself.

She removed the towel and preformed a drying spell on her hair, followed by straightening one. As always it didn’t quite work, but much to her satisfaction, instead of being bushy, it now framed her face in soft chestnut curls.

She then put on a thin layer of mascara and a dab of lip gloss and exited the bathroom.

“Oooh, you look nice. Going somewhere? Meeting someone?” Parvati teased.

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Do you have to be going somewhere to look nice?”

“No.”

“Well then I’ll be going.”

“Oh, so you are going somewhere.”

“I’m going to take a walk by the lake before breakfast.”

“How romantic!” Lavender gushed.

“I’m going alone!” With that Hermione turned on her heel and left the dormitory. As she descended the stairs Lavender and Parvati burst into a fresh fit of giggles.

After hearing this Hermione muttered “Some people just don’t know when to stop.”




When Hermione stepped onto the school grounds she was thrilled to see what a beautiful day it was. The sum was shining, causing the lake to sparkle as though it was made of millions of tiny gemstones.

She walked along the lake for a few moments before seeing that another person was out enjoying the beautiful day as well. Curious, she walked closer. All she could tell at this point was that it was a guy. But, soon she began to make out other details of The Mystery Man. He was about 6”1, blonde and was wearing baggy jeans and a rather tight forest green long sleeved shirt. Mystery Man was sitting on a boulder, starring out into the lake. The slight breeze ruffled his hair.

“Malfoy?”


A/N Yeah, cliff hanger I know. But, hey you've all done it to me so there...lol. Please review so I can know when to post the next chapter