Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Saying it out Loud by lanalang92

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Please prick your finger and add one drop of your blood to the potion,” Snape said an hour later.

The class followed his orders, though rather reluctantly.

“A light green mist should be hovering over your potion at this time.”

Hermione panicked. Her potion had a heavy red fog over it. She re-read the directions, making sure everything had been done correctly. She couldn’t figure out what she had done wrong.

All of a sudden she felt a cold hand on her shoulder. She turned around quickly, finding herself facing Snape. “Well, well, well, Miss Granger. Not up to your normal standards today are you? Now, can you tell me what the name of this potion is?”

“Yes, sir, it’s the Pure Potion.”

“And, what do you know about this potion?”

Hermione hesitated.

“Miss Granger?”

“Nothing, sir. I’ve never heard of it.” Hermione said quietly.

Snape walked to his desk, picked up a book and walked back to Hermione.

“Please turn to page 394.”

Hermione turned to the page.

“Read it.”

“The Pure Potion has no real purpose, except to test a witch or wizards ancestry. Half-Bloods and Muggle-borns are not able to properly brew this potion. Hermione snapped the book shut and lost her temper. “You evil person! I can’t believe that you would reach so low as to do such a thing! I mean I know you are a horrible teacher and should never have been hired, and were only hired because of the great man Dumbledor is, but still! Why? Why would you do such a thing? To lower my grade? To make sure your precious pure-blood Slytherins get better marks than me? To-”

Snape grabbed hold of her wrist to silence her. “Miss Granger, you are just a filthy little Mudblood. Nothing more. if I was headmaster people like you would not come to Hogwarts. I chose this potion to prove that my students are better than you-” It was Snape’s turn to be cut off.

“Professor Snape? Can you help me please?”

“No, Draco your potion is perfect.”

“But-”

“Draco! I must tend to the Mudblood.”

Hermione’s eyes were brimming with angry tears.

“Like I was saying, Miss Granger, you are a Mud-”

“Stop it!”

“Excuse me, Mr Malfoy?”

“I said stop! Do I need to speak louder or more clearly? Pure-bloods are no better than muggleborns and you know it. Look at Crabbe and Goyle here. They are pure bloods and are as stupid as a house elf-”

Hermione scowled. Draco saw.

“Er, rather a flobberworm. Hermione on the other hand is the most brilliant witch in our year.”

“And what does that prove Mr Malfoy?”

Hermione found her voice. “It proves that who your family is doesn’t make a difference in intelligence.”

The bell rang.

“Class dismissed! Mr Malfoy and Miss Granger, please meet me in my office tonight at 7 o’ clock.”

Hermione gathered her things, picked up her bag and stormed out of the classroom. Ron and Harry were waiting outside.

“You know what is really sad?” Hermione asked stomping past them. They hurried after her but didn’t answer her rhetorical question. “Malfoy was the only one who could defend me! The only one! You were too scared to stick up for your BEST FRIEND!” All of a sudden she whirled around to face them. “I thought you guys would always be there for me.” She said this much more quietly and sounded almost vulnerable. “But you weren’t.” With that she turned on her heel and started to walk to Arithmancy.” Harry and Ron stood there dumbfounded.

Hermione managed to get through the rest of the day without speaking to a single Gryffindor.

At 6:30 Hermione headed to Snape’s office, so she could be there by 7, just like he asked. On the way she ran into Draco. They walked together in silence for a moment.

“Draco,” Hermione said, breaking the silence, “I never got to thank you for what you did today. It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I mean-” she pauses to wipe away the tears that were streaming down her face. “Harry and Ron are supposed to be my best friends and they couldn’t even stick up for me.” She couldn’t go on any longer because she was crying so hard.

Draco stopped and pulled her into an empty classroom. “You are not coming out of here until you stop crying. I doubt you’ll want to face Snape like this.”

Hermione didn’t answer and just kept crying.

“Clear your mind. It’ll help.”

“I can’t”

“Yes, you can.”

Hermione shook her head.

“Well, what’s on your mind?”

“I can’ tell you.”

“Why?”

“You’ll laugh.”

“Will not.”

“Will too.”

“Won’t.”

“Will.”

They both started to laugh.

“Tell me.”

“You.”
“What?”

“You are on my mind.” There she said it out loud.

“Really?” He looked as if he didn’t believe her.

“See! I told you!” She started to cry again.

“Hermione, no, I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you.”

“You love me?”

“Yes, very much.”

“I feel the same way.”

Draco gently cupped her face in his hand and lifted her face so he could look into her eyes. “I love you, Hermione,” he whispered again.

Their lips came closer and closer until they met softly.

The kiss deepened. Draco let go of her face and slid his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. Hermione locked her arms around his neck.

Hermione broke the kiss. “Uh, we still have to go see Snape.”

Draco sighed. “You’re right.” He offered her his hand, which she took willingly.

Hand in hand they walked down the corridor, towards the dungeon.


A/N: yes it's over...who caught the PoA movie reference in there? A sequel will be submitted shortly.