Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Day Against the Darkest Night by chica91

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Disclaimer: JKR owns Harry Potter and everything to do with it. I don’t!!

A/N: Okay, I have some important notes at the end so remember to read it! Again, thanks sooooooooooooooo much Claire!!! Look out in this chappie! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 5 ~ The Slytherins


Harry watched as the students of Hogwarts took down the death eaters one by one, slowly but surely they were winning. However, Harry was still curious as to the fact there had been no sign of Voldemort yet. It was unnerving, he felt like he was falling into another trap. But his worries were disrupted when he heard a girl scream.


He turned around quickly and heard Hermione gasp. There were about fifty new death eaters entering the Hall heading toward a group of ten students. Harry ran forward to go and help but Hermione grabbed his wrist. “You can’t go Harry, you have to stay safe.” “But I have to help them Hermione.” Harry yelled. She seemed to be having an internal battle while Harry stared at her angrily.


Harry, because he was looking at Hermione and Hermione because she was trying to stop Harry, didn’t see the death eaters change direction until they heard Ron yell. “Guys, look out!” They turned around and saw the death eaters heading toward the four of them. This must have been Voldemort’s plan, Harry thought.


He was staring directly at the three leading death eaters, they looked oddly familiar, even under the cloaks. One was walking strait ahead flanked by two massive creatures. Of course, Harry thought angrily, Malfoy. “Malfoy.” He said aloud. The other three had a look of dawning comprehension as he said this aloud.


“We can fight him.” Ron whispered vengefully to Harry. “We can do this,” Harry reinforced, “It’s just Malfoy and his brainless cronies.” It was only then Harry realized how quiet the hall had gotten. Everyone, including most death eaters, were staring at the opposing forces. The crowed seemed more nervous and anxious then Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny.


The death eaters finally stopped about ten feet from The Four. ~I am now going to refer to them as The Four, saying their full names is becoming a hassle~ “Are you still a jittery little ferret Malfoy?” Harry asked casually, but cruelly. A shiver ran through the group of death eaters. “I guess not Harry,” Hermione added boldly, “I think we should reinforce his memory.”


Harry was happy for Hermione’s boldness and help and he did reinforce the face in Malfoy’s memory, using a technique taught by Dumbledore. Malfoy seemed shamed and humiliated, even covered in his cloak, but I guess that was too much for him because he fired, “Crucio” his cold voice screamed.


Harry easily stepped aside, “Is that the best you can do?” he threatened. And thus, the fight began. Yes, The Four were ridiculously outnumbered, more than ten to one but most Slytherin’s were mindless oafs. Harry took Malfoy head on and they engaged deeply in battle. Harry took fleeting looks around him every so often and to check on his friends, it seemed to be going well.


He saw Ron had already taken down Crabbe and Goyle and three other Slytherins, while Ginny had taken down her second. Then he saw Hermione take down one but then she became deep in conflict with Millicent Bulstrode, who he saw later she defeated. By now most of the fighting had started up again.


He, however, was having a much more difficult time. Malfoy may be a coward but he wasn’t stupid and he was highly advanced in dark magic. Luckily, Harry had had good training. He dodged spells back and forth still keeping an eye on his friends. “Oh, is little Potty worried about his mudblood friends?” Malfoy asked maliciously. “No I’m worried about my best friends! But aren’t you worried about your father, I mean he’s a dense git, didn’t you know?” Harry yelled back.


Malfoy seemed really angry about this. “You’ll pay for that Potter!, Expelliarmis!” Harry felt a gush of wind as it missed him by a hair. He turned around quickly and saw it hit a girl in Ravenclaw, Kim he thought. Angered, he screamed back at Malfoy, “Impedimente!” Unfortunately, the spell just skimmed Malfoy’s arm only slowing him down for a second.


Harry and Malfoy were locked in a furious duel using all seven years of their pent up hatred. Harry wasn’t even able to keep an eye on his surroundings fearing Malfoy would catch him off guard. He did however notice Hermione and Ron staring at them.


They had been fighting for what seemed like hours, though had only been ten minutes. Then, Malfoy started the worst thing he could do, “Ava…” He was cut short by, “Stupefy!” coming from three livid and nervous voices. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all fired at the same time, taking him by surprise and knocking him out cold. Ginny turned around out their shouting and finally realized what was going on.


Harry felt he needed to finish the job. “Mobilicorpus!” He flung Malfoy’s limp body right into his father. Not only did he knock out Malfoy he knocked down Lucious who was stunned by a Hufflepuff seventh year. Although he now felt accomplished, he knew he would have never had the heart to kill Malfoy no matter how much hate he developed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hermione watched as her fellow students took down death eaters, at first the fight seemed hopeless but now they were winning. Hermione felt a small bubble of joy even with all the fighting and death soon to occur. Hermione’s small bubble was popped when she heard a girl scream. She turned around to see what happened and she gasped.


There was a huge black mass of death eaters heading towards a group of ten Ravenclaws, she thought. These were new death eaters, they looked so familiar but she new, and hoped, she had never met them. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Harry leap towards them and on instinct grabbed his wrist. She didn’t even know why she did it but knew it was right. “Harry you can’t go, you have to stay safe.” She reasoned with him. “Hermione, I have to help them!” He pleaded with her. She knew he was right but still, she couldn’t let him go. They stared at each other fighting with their eyes. Until Hermione heard Ron yell, “Guys, look out!”


Her and Harry both turned at his voice and saw the death eaters heading their way. She let go of Harry’s wrist without even noticing and stared at the group, they still looked oddly familiar. “Malfoy.” She heard Harry whisper beside her. Of course she thought, it was Malfoy with Crabbe and Goyle and the rest of their Slytherin cohorts.


“We can fight them.” “It’s only Malfoy and his brainless cronies.” Hermione heard Harry and Ron talking around her and even though she didn’t speak it, she knew deep down she could defeat them too. She watched as they stopped about ten feet from Harry, Ron, Ginny, and herself. She was ready. “Are you still a jittery little ferret, Malfoy?” Harry asked, which she thought rather daring. Malfoy was silent.


“I guess not, Harry.” She heard herself say, “We should reinforce his memory.” She couldn’t believe that had come out of her mouth, it felt like someone else had spoken it. She watched Malfoy burn with humiliation as he relived the memory and laughed to herself. She stopped laughing however as she heard Malfoy’s angry voice cast an Unforgivable. “Crucio!”


Harry, as brave as he always was, just stepped aside and responded, “Is that the best you can do Malfoy?” And that started the fight. Ron took on Crabbe and Goyle which was an easy fight, Hermione stunned a girl then was taken on by Millicent Bulstrode and she saw Malfoy head straight for Harry.


Hermione’s fight against Millicent wasn’t too difficult, Hermione of course was much more advanced than her but still it wasn’t a piece of cake. “Expelliarmis!” Hermione took Millicent off guard. Her wand flew out of her hand and she fell to the floor. Just as Hermione was about to stun her Pansy came over and joined the fight against Hermione.


It’s getting tougher, thought Hermione. She jumped and dodged spells endlessly until Ginny came and stunned Pansy. Hermione had thanked her through her eyes and then stunned Millicent. Hermione then moved on to try and stun some others but kept her eye on Malfoy, no telling what he would do. She heard him say “mudblood” quite loudly before to and wondered what he was insulting now.


Hermione watched Malfoy and Harry locked in battle, she knew this could not end well. She saw Ron watching them too, and then suddenly she heard Malfoy’s voice, “Ava...” She didn’t even think when she yelled “Stupefy!” She thought it sounded louder than her normal voice until she realized Ron and Harry had done exactly the same thing.


Hermione watched as Ginny turned around and stared at the unpleasant scene and she saw Harry fling Malfoy into his father and watched his father get stunned. It was a good feeling to know filth like Malfoy was defeated, embarrassingly defeated at that.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ron was worried that Voldemort hadn’t shown yet. He had expected him to be the first one in Hogwarts it never occurred to him that there might be a trap for them. He took down only one death eater and his adrenaline was pumping, he was ready to take down an army.


Ron heard someone scream in the background of his thoughts then realized it must be from the battle. He snapped out of his reverie and nothing. He then turned around the same time Hermione gasped and first saw Hermione grabbing Harry and them bickering then looking beyond him saw a group of black cloaked figures heading towards them. “Guys, look out!” he yelled to them.

He stared at the new pack of death eaters and heard Harry whisper “Malfoy.” At first puzzled he stared at the group and realized Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were leading the pack of people that must be Slytherins. Those evil gits, Ron thought to himself. He tensed I can defeat them.


“We can fight them.” He said out loud subconsciously. “We can defeat them, its just Malfoy and his brainless cronies.” He heard Harry add. The death eaters stopped about ten feet from them. Ron didn’t speak but he watched Harry and Hermione threaten Malfoy.


They made him relive one of his worst memories, Malfoy the amazing bouncing ferret. It almost made Ron smile. Malfoy on the other hand seemed overwhelmed with rage and screamed, “Crucio!” “Is that the best you can do?” He heard Harry threaten again then watched as the battle began. Crabbe and Goyle headed for him but he knew he could defeat the thickheaded cronies.


“Hey Crabbe!” Ron yelled. Being as thick as he was he turned his head and so did Goyle and Ron stunned them! That was too easy he thought. He went around battling a couple more Slytherins and eventually taking down quite a few. He didn’t bother to step over them or watch where he was walking either as Slytherins strewn the ground.


He saw Harry battling Malfoy wishing he could attack him right then and there but decided it was better not to butt in. He watched Hermione as well she had a time trying to stun Millicent Bulstrode but did accomplish it. They were both staring at Harry, Ron taking quick glances at Ginny who was facing the other direction.


Ron was looking at Ginny when he heard “Ava…” He whipped around so fast he cricked his neck and screamed, “Stupefy!” He saw Hermione’s and Harry’s stunning spell fly at the same time and hit Malfoy right in the chest. He watched as his body fell to the ground and Harry finished the job.


Malfoy was picked up and thrown into his father who was stunned. Ron didn’t even think that was enough, a Malfoy deserved worse but turned back to the rest of the battle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ginny felt weak next to the trio. She was younger and like a second wheel but still, she knew she belonged with them. It felt, safer. She was watching Hogwarts defeat the death eaters, hoping they were winning. She hadn’t defeated anyone yet but she will, she was determined.


Ginny jumped when she heard a girl scream, she looked in the direction and thought it must have been Claire but wasn’t to sure. She followed her line of vision and saw a group of new death eaters heading towards them. She saw Harry lung forward but he was stopped by Hermione. Ginny knew Harry wanted to help but Hermione was protecting him.


She heard Ron yell and saw the death eaters had changed direction and were heading their way. She stared them head on, her mind focused. “Malfoy.” Harry’s voice broke her concentration. She noticed then that it wasn’t death eaters heading their way, it was Slytherins. Nearly as bad, she thought.


She listened as Harry and Ron did was she called pep talking each other, convincing themselves they could defeat the group. The Slytherins stopped and stared back at the four of them. Then Harry spoke up, rather audaciously Ginny thought. He was threatening Malfoy. Ginny was really shocked when Hermione spoke up, though. She helped Harry make Malfoy relive his most embarrassing moment.


However, before she could regain her focus the battle began. She again felt like an extra, she didn’t have the confidence to fight them, like the other three but the Weasley in her kept her strong. She faced a Slytherin she thought was in her own year; she tried to avoid them as much as possible.


They shouted spells back and forth Ginny using her cat-like reflexes to dodge them. Luckily, she caught the girl off-guard and stunned her. Then a massive seventh year boy came towards her. She was scared now, he was larger than Crabbe. Muscles like a gorilla. She had a slight advantage on the boy, he expected her to be so scared she wouldn’t fight. But Ginny surprised him with a Bat-Bogey Hex and took him down. She was becoming more confident.


She felt a powerful curse skim past her with hurricane force, it just missed her but hit Kim, a girl her age who was blasted off their feet. Ginny turned around; it was fired by Malfoy aiming for Harry, of course. She turned back around so know would catch her off guard, she couldn’t afford it.


She was about to go join Hermione when she heard three voices, one of them being Hermione’s, yell “Stupefy!” She did a quick pivot and saw Malfoy out cold on the floor. He was then flung into his father by Harry. She then realized what happened but was too happy about Malfoy for it to really faze her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Off to the side Lupin was about to jump in and help The Four when the death eaters were headed their way but Dumbledore stopped him. “We need to let them settle this alone, only help when it is absolutely necessary.” Lupin seemed reluctant to follow the instructions, how could four kids take on fifty death eaters. He watched The Four stand alone ready to face the oncoming horde of death eaters.


When the fighting began he saw that the group was actually made of Slytherins. He then understood what Dumbledore had meant although he still wanted to help. However, he remained where he was and watched them bravely defeat the Slytherins, James and Sirius would have been proud he thought sadly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: Okay, I have about 5 chapters left I think, I know its short but I wanted your opinion. Would you like me to continue my story, with life after the war or just end it after the battle ends? Let me know what you think please!!! :)