Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Day Against the Darkest Night by chica91

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Harry Potter!!!


A/N: This chapter was quite a struggle for me, it took me forever and it’s really short!! I think it was because it is only a filler and I didn’t want it to be boring. Something major will happen in the next chapter (you will know what it is by the end of this one) and I didn’t have much to put in this chapter. So, it’s not great but trust me, the next chapter will be way better!! And Claire, I use your theory, again!! More notes at the end :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 6 ~ The Fifth Years


Harry felt a very accomplished after defeating the Slytherins but he knew the fight was no where near over. The tension was mounting and he knew Voldemort was coming soon. His scar was growing more painful by the second. Then, from the corner of his eye he saw Dumbledore heading toward the Great Hall. “The Fifth Years!” Something clicked in his brain. Oh no, Dumbledore was getting the fifth years!


Harry raced towards him pushing threw the huge crowd and dodging spells while Hermione and Ron called after him. He jumped in front of the doors, panting, “Sir...no…their…young…please!” He squeezed out. “But Harry, we must…” Dumbledore began, “No! No! No!” Harry yelled. “Be rational Harry, we are winning but let’s give ourselves a little lead.” He answered calmly, although his usual twinkle was absent.


“Remember Harry, trust your friends, your mind, and your powers.” He swept in the Hall. Harry slowly trudged back to his friends, he figured it best just to follow Dumbledore’s advice. When he fought his way back through everyone he saw a cloudy scene. The area was covered in dust and Ginny, Hermione, and Ron seemed tired and lying in the dust on the floor was, Malfoy and his father. “What happened?” Harry whispered


“Well…” Ron began. No one around them really seemed to notice the sight. “Well, Malfoy and his father, woke up, I guess, and they came looking for you but you weren’t here and we had to fight them but something in your stunner seemed to turn Malfoy all wonky. So, we did the best we could.” Hermione quietly stated. “Are they….” Harry cautiously questioned. “Oh, no I used the sleeping draught, the spell version that it.” Hermione said.


Harry smiled, that’s Hermione always using her head. He and Ron looked at each other; it almost felt as if they were back in some class where Hermione always had something smart to say. Until, they realized they were in the middle of The Fight, the end of the war and everyone focused on reality as the Great Hall doors opened.


He saw a bunch of fifth years flooding out, to the surprise of the death eaters. The stood in a group waiting for some kind of order, Harry saw two girls hug each other before they prepared to fight, they looked ready to cry. It reminded Harry of all his, Ron and Hermione’s adventures, they used to stick together like that, they still did, through the toughest times. Dumbledore must have given an order because the fifth years spread out among the Hall.


However, Harry noticed that there didn’t seem to be as many as he thought, some people had to be missing, he didn’t see Dennis Creevey anywhere. The fifth years spread throughout the hall, eventually blending in with the other students but enlarging their number. Hopefully, Dumbledore was right. There were too many injured and stunned students as it was.


Within an hour there was hardly any death eaters left in the hall, but no one was rejoicing because still, there was no sign of Voldemort. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were standing together; it seemed like a useless attempt at a conversation. Suddenly, Harry yelled out in pain and grabbed his forehead. “Harry! Harry! Harry, are you all right?” Shouts surrounded him.


“Voldemort is coming!” Harry said standing up slowly as the pain in his scar receded. There was a flutter in the Hall. “Ginny, stay here I don’t want you to try and help us, you need to stay safe.” Harry heard Ron saying, and then it clicked. “Wait, us?” Harry questioned. “Of course, Harry. We could never let you do this alone.” Hermione said. “But you have to, this is my fight!” Harry said, nearly yelling. “No, we’re helping!” Hermione and Ron yelled back at the same time. “We promised we would never leave you Harry, and we won’t.” Ron finished. Harry couldn’t fight them but he agreed Ginny couldn’t help and all she needed was a look to tell her.


Ginny walked towards Neville, he was her only friend at the moment. Harry stood where he was, Ron and Hermione behind him. Abruptly, a blinding light, brighter than the most powerful patronus, filled the hall and Harry’s scar exploded with pain.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Harry, where are you going?” Hermione yelled to Harry when she saw him run towards the Great Hall. “What was he doing?” She thought wildly. She saw him talking to Dumbledore but had no time to ponder it because a dreadful voice filled her ears. “Care about poor Potter, you filthy little mud-blood.” Draco Malfoy’s voice echoed in her head. She turned around. “What do you want Malfoy?” she retorted. “Yeah, bug off you scum.” Ron showed up behind her with Ginny, who stayed silent.


“We aren’t going anywhere.” Luscious Malfoy said dangerously. Draco, seemed to only slightly be paying attention, he looked a little dazed until Luscious hit him on the head and he snapped back to reality. “Yeah.” He said. They were staring intensely at each other, but Malfoy seemed back in his dazed state. Then Hermione figured it out, Harry’s power mist have been in his stunning spell and did something to Draco. She let the others know the news.


Luscious Malfoy suddenly yelled out, “Avada Kedavra!” They all jumped apart and dodged the spell which hit the wall causing dust and debris the fly everywhere. “That’s it!” Hermione yelled. “Impedimente!” Ron yelled, the spell hit Luscious. “Semapermdormir!” Hermione screamed and Luscious dropped to the floor; the Hermione hit the dazed out Draco. “What was that?” Ron sounded amazed. “Simple sleeping draught, spell version.” Hermione said slowly, she had never used it before.


Just then Harry showed up with a semi-confused, semi-upset expression. Hermione explained what happened. Harry obviously didn’t know what to think but smiled at Hermione’s quick thinking and spell-work. Then Hermione looked at the oncoming fifth years. There weren’t many, Hermione figured it was only half of them, even Dumbledore needed back up. But they nearly doubled the amount of students. Hermione saw the injured and hopefully stunned students around the hall, they needed the back up.


The fifth years really made an impression, the death eaters size was shrinking rapidly. However, unexpectedly Harry shrieked out in pain. Hermione and the other ran towards him, “Harry! Harry! Harry, are you all right!?” Before he even spoke Hermione knew what he was going to say, Voldemort was coming.


Ron was telling Ginny to stay away from the fight, until Harry butt in. He questioned why they were all fighting, Hermione and Ron too. She told him that they would never let him do this alone and Ron added how they promised they would never let him down. He gave up on fighting but still made Ginny leave. Then, a bright white light filled the hall and Harry doubled over in pain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ron yelled after Harry as he ran towards Dumbledore, what was he thinking? Ron stared at him while he fought with Dumbledore until he heard Hermione’s voice behind him. He whipped around to see Draco Malfoy and his father standing there. “Bug off.” He yelled. “We’re not leaving!” Luscious said. They stared at each other until Hermione whispered something to Ron and Ginny. “Harry’s powers affected Malfoy.” Ron looked at him, he seemed like he was in his own little world.


Luscious yelled the most unforgivable Unforgivable and they all scattered. “That’s it!” Hermione yelled. Ron yelled the Impediment Jinx at Luscious and it hit him and Hermione said some highly advanced spell that knocked him out cold. Then she hit the useless Malfoy. “What was that?” He wondered. “Simple sleeping draught, spell version.” Hermione answered. This reminded Ron of second year, simple but powerful.


When Harry came back Ron seemed to shocked to explain what happened to Hermione took over. Ron and Harry looked at each other when Hermione started talking about the sleeping spell. Ron then took notice of the fifth years that were spreading around the Hall. This could really help them. It did, the death eaters were disintegrating. Suddenly, a scream broke the air and Ron saw Harry grabbing his scar. He ran towards him. “Voldemort is coming!” he said.


Ron rounded on Ginny, “Your not going to fight with us, you have to stay safe!” Ginny looked upset then Ron turned to Harry when he spoke. “With us?” He asked. “Of course,” Hermione told him. “Yeah, we promised we’d help you.” Ron added. Harry just stopped fighting and sent Ginny away, she couldn’t get hurt. A blinding light filled the Hall and Harry hunched over next to Ron, shrieking.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ginny watched Harry run off, but kept quiet, she didn’t have much to say anymore. She was like a cat, reproachful and silent, unless alarmed. She watched the battle until she heard Malfoy’s voice behind heard and then Hermione’s. Finally, she heard Ron’s voice and stood next to him, behind Hermione. She watched the few spells that were fired and was amazed when Hermione shouted a spell that looked like it had the effects of the most dreadful Unforgivable. However, she was relieved when Hermione explained it was only a sleeping draught.


Ginny then watched Harry approach the scene utterly befuddled. Hermione explained the odd circumstances then they all looked toward the fifth years. “Only more students to get hurt.” Ginny thought. But the students really had a good effect despite the many students stunned and hurt already.


Then, she worriedly turned towards Harry as he yelled out in pain. “Voldemort is coming!” he said. Ginny was scared as Ron turned on her, “You have to stay safe, you can’t fight.” First, she was upset but she knew no matter what she said Ron would never listen. He was decided. So she just watched Harry, Ron and Hermione talk. Ron and Hermione convinced Harry to let them fight but Ginny stood quietly to no avail as he sent her away.


She walked with a lonely feeling towards Neville. She knew she could never match up to them; they were the Golden Trio, not the Golden Trio and Ginny. Still, she knew she would jump in without question as soon as she felt it was necessary. She turned to face them, in a position where there were clearly visible and not too far away. At the same moment, a blinding light filled the hall, Harry yelled out in pain, and so did Ginny more out of fear and a small ache filled her chest.


Lupin stood in a shady corner, more observing the fight than fighting, Dumbledore’s orders. He saw Harry fighting with Dumbledore and the Malfoy’s fighting with the other three. He just observed but when he heard Harry speak those dreaded words, “Voldemort is coming!” He leap to attention and ran towards Harry. Again, Dumbledore stopped him, “We must wait Remus, Harry has been trained and warned and there is nothing we can do.”


Lupin really wanted to protest but Dumbledore was decided so he stayed in his observing post. He blinked as the bright light filled the Hall, obscuring all vision and meaning only one terrible thing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: So did you like it?? It was a tough; hopefully the next chapter will be easier. Now, to answer some very probable questions, the spell, Semapermdormir, I made up. It means semi-permanent, (Semaperm), sleep, (dormir) which is Spanish for to sleep. Also, Ginny’s ache in her chest, while I figured Voldemort controlled her body and took her life for a period of time so now that he is there, so powerful, it would bother her, just a thought anyway.

Also, I have received a few complaints on my grammar and format and stuff, please forgive me. I have said once, I’m not a big grammar fan and I don’t have great grammar skills, but please don’t continually criticize me about it unless it is affecting the story such as spelling, or something else major.

I know I’ve had a lot of authors notes this chapter but one more thing, the next chapter might not be out for a while because we have huge exams in a week and I’m going to be extremely busy, so please don’t freak out if it’s not out real fast! Thanks so much! Please review!!!!