Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Little Voice by Hermione_Clone7

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything except the plotline. The characters belong to JKR. The song belongs to Hilary Duff.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione’s POV

“Hi Hermione!” Ron said cheerfully, seeing her in the common room, “What are you doing?”

“Oh, nothing much, just thinking,” she replied.

“What about?”

“Oh, nothing.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I won't tell you what I'm thinking
'Cause it's not the same thing you're thinking too
You could say I got a best friend
And she's always telling me what to do

She's out of sight but easy to find
She's in the front of my mind


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione was so confused. Her heart was telling her to go for it, tell Ron that she was in love with him. On the other hand, the little voice in her head was telling her not to. It was telling her that Ron didn’t like her back, to focus on school. The little voice had always been right before. Hadn’t it?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The little voice in my head won't let me forget
The little voice in my head is never misled
All of this noise is what keeps me from making a mess
The little voice in my head just won't let me get with you


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She couldn’t get rid of the feeling she had whenever she saw Ron. She felt flustered, but managed to hide it. She loved eveything about him, even the way he smelled. Ginny was no help. After finally going out with Harry, she could thing of nothing else. Hermione just wished that she knew what to do. How come she had the answers to every problem but this?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When I see you I admit
I start to lose my grip and all of my cool
You smell so sweet just like my perfume
What have you been doing since I left you

You're always there in my thoughts
But that doesn't mean that it's on


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The little voice kept annoying her. It told her to forget Ron and move on. But, her heart still said to go for it. It asked her, ‘What is the worst that can happen? He rejects me,’ Hermione thought glumly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The little voice in my head won't let me forget
The little voice in my head is never misled
All of this noise is what keeps me from making a mess
The little voice in my head just won't let me get with you


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I am so stupid sometimes,’ she thought, ‘Not being able to decide. This is the only question Little Miss Know-It-All can’t answer. What am I supposed to do?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know I sound insane, like I'm playing games
'Cause all I really want is you
But there are some things a girl won't do


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione made up her mind. She would tell him. She would listen to her heart, just this once. She had to tell Ron. He was bound to find out, sooner or later. Since she was Hermione after all, and loved to write, she to write him a note, expressing her feelings.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ron’s POV

Ron flipped through his Charms book. He had to do his homework, sooner or later, ever though Hermione’s beauty kept distracting him. He was really in love with her. A piece of parchment in the book caught his eye. Curious, he read it. When he finished, he was stunned.

It read:

Dear Ron,

When I was little, only 12, I realized something. I realized that schoolwork isn’t everything. I realized that there are more important things in life, like love. Second year was the year I fell in love with you with you, Ron Weasley. I understand if you don’t like me back, just know that I care for you, and always will.

Love always,

Hermione

Ron was in shock. Hermione Jane Granger, the smartest witch in sixth year, loved him, Ronald Bilius Weasley, the Quidditch-obsessed boy with flaming red hair? He fought an urge to jump up and shout, but still, he couldn’t keep a rather silly grin off his face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione’s POV

Hermione watched Ron carefully. She saw him read the parchment, then look shocked. He then grinned rather happily. Did he love her too? She could only hope. ‘Oh no,’ she thought, panicked. ‘He’s coming over here, what should I do?’

“Hey Hermione,” Ron said.

“Err, hi,” she replied nervously. Ron leaned forward.

“I feel the same way,“ he whispered in her ear.

“You do?” she said, blushing.

“Of course,” he replied, “Oh, and there’s something I want to give you.”

“Really? What?” she asked, though she had a pretty good idea what.

“This.” He leaned forward and kissed her softly, but passionately, on the lips. She returned the kiss, putting her arms around Ron’s neck. They didn’t notice the common room erupting in cheers. They didn’t even notice Harry reaching into his pocket, pulling out 5 Galleons and handing them to Ginny grudgingly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The little voice in my head won't let me forget
The little voice in my head is never misled
All of this noise is what keeps me from making a mess
The little voice in my head just won't let me get with you


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well,’ Hermione thought, kissing Ron, ‘This time, the little voice in my head was very misled, but my heart was absolutely right.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I know this is a pop song, but I really like it and it fits this situation. Please review!