Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Draught of Prospicio by Burrowbrat

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Thanks goes out to all my wonderful reviewers. You guys complete me. lol ;)


Hermione awoke on a cold, hard floor. She sat up slowly and looked around her, not knowing where she was. Everything was dark and she could barely see her hand in front of her face. After a few moments had passed, she remembered what had happened.

"Ron," she whispered. There was no response.

"Ron," she said a little louder. Still no response.

At this point Hermione started getting worried.

"Where is he," she thought.

Oh no, what if they’ve ki-kill…NO Hermione don’t even think that. He’s alive. He has to be,” she told herself.

Finally throwing caution to the wind, she yelled, "RON!"

Sinister laughing could be heard all around her.

“Who’s there,” she called.

Eventually a familiar, drooling voice came closer to Hermione saying, "Quiet down Mudblood, you will see your filthy boyfriend as soon as the dark lord is through with him."

"What," Hermione squeaked, unable to mutter a more audible sound at the thought of Ron being tortured by Voldemort.

"Now stay in there and be a good girl. You get to go next if we don't get what we need out of the weasel," the same bodiless voice of Lucius Malfoy continued as before.

"What could they possibly want from Ron and I?" frantically thought Hermione.

And oh, why did I not go grab my wand before I went looking for the source of a strange noise?” She thought while shaking her head at her carelessness.

How could I have been so thick?

With that thought she scrunched up her nose in concentration and gingerly rubbed the back of her head where a small knot had come up. Apparently she had fallen and hit her head at some point.

Her brain was frantically searching all the details of her and Ron's capture from earlier that day, or was it the day before? Hermione had no idea how long she had been out. The only thing she could remember was standing on the stairs with Ron and watching two Death Eaters rummaging through drawers and cabinets looking for something. Her last memory was two flashes of red light flying at her and Ron.

"They must have stunned us," she thought. "But what ever could they have been looking for at the Burrow?"

This last thought was interrupted by a rectangular light that emerged from the upper right corner of the room. The light was coming from a door that had been opened. Two dark, standing figures were coming down the stairs from the door dragging a third figure that was slumped over.

"Ron," gasped Hermione at the sight of his limp body.

With the light streaming into the room from the still opened door, Hermione was able to get a good look at the place where she was a captive. It appeared that she was in some type of crewed cage or prison cell that seemed to be a permanent piece of the room. There were no windows, which explained the lack of light anywhere. All around the room in various locations were at least half a dozen Death Eaters. There may have been more but the small amount of light was not enough to see.

The two Death Eaters had drug Ron over to the cell that Hermione was locked in and threw him in onto the floor at her feet. She bent down next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Ron, are you all right," she asked, barely above a whisper.

His eyes flickered and he slowly glanced up at her and groaned.

This was good enough for her. At least he was still alive. With this recognition, she flew to her feet, threw herself against the bars and started screaming at whoever would listen.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!" she blared. "AND WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US! WE'RE JUST KIDS! WE CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE ANYTHING THAT YOU WOULD WANT!"

Hermione stopped yelling only at the touch of Ron's hand on her shoulder. She hadn't even noticed him stand up amidst all of her rage.

"Hermione, y-your only g-going to m-make th-things w-worse for us if you k-keep yelling," stumbled Ron.

Her rage turned into silent tears as she helped him to sit back down against the wall.

"He's so strong," she thought, as she sat down next to him to make sure he was alright.

"Well, well," came another all too familiar voice. "Isn't this a switch, Mrs. Granger flying hot and Mr. Weasley being the voice of reason? I would have never believed it if I hadn't witnessed it myself."

"P-professor S-Snape," Hermione fumbled with the words, not totally convinced whose voice she was hearing.

He walked over to the bars and pulled off his mask. Hermione and Ron could do nothing but gape at him, not wanting to believe this was actually happening.

A dark, ominous laugh echoed around the room. It was emanating from a tall figure that had begun descending the stairs.

"Yes, it would come as quite a shock I would think. You would have never thought that someone who works so closely with Albus Dumbledore could be one of my servants would you? Well, you were wrong."

Ron shuttered slightly and Hermione gasped as they looked up into the cold, red eyes of Lord Voldemort.


I know this chappie is a little short but I had to break it up this way so that the story would flow right.