Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Life of the Littlest Weasley by ronrocksmyworld

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
This funny feeling of mine soon faded away. Ron reentered the compartment, and seated himself as far from Hermione as was possible in the little space we had. This seat happened to be next to Neville, and he quickly struck up a conversation about Quidditch with him. I didn't much feel like joining in this conversation. Quidditch is a nice sport and all, but talk of it gets boring at times, and this was one of those times.

I just sat there for a while, observing the scene. Hermione was deeply immersed in The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 6) by Miranda Goshawk. Luna and Harry were seated near the window, and speaking in low tones. As a matter of fact, they looked rather cozy. Maybe a little too cozy. I recalled the days when I had often dreamed of being that close to Harry. I was young then, only eleven. I realized what a silly girl I was back then. Harry is a good friend, but he's rather moody at times, and he seems to distance himself from everyone else. But there you have it. Ron and Neville were now talking about the war with You-Know-Who. I got up and left the compartment to change into my Hogwarts robes, and to talk to some of my other friends. The train finally came to a halt, and it was time to exit.

The sorting was a good as always and the food was delicious. When I got to the common room with the rest of the Gryffindors, I collapsed into one of the chairs by the fire, the ones that my brother and his friends like to sit in, and just stayed there for a while. It was the first day back in this place. I had missed it a lot. Hogwarts was my second home, and it felt good to be back. Colin Creevey noticed me sitting there and came over and sat down in a chair opposite me. The summer had done him well. He was much taller than I remember him being, and he seemed more mature. And rather good-looking, I suppose.

"Hi, Colin," I said. "How's your summer?"

"Good, yours?" he asked in a bit deeper voice than the old mousy one.

"Quiet and event-less," I replied dully.

"Are you still going out with that one boy, what was his name?"

"What? Oh, Dean. No," I said, not realizing the obvious direction he was headed in.

"Well, Ginny, I was wondering, if, if you'd want to go out with me?" he said. I was rather taken aback by his daring.

"Well, I… sure," I said. Sure, why not? I supposed I should try someone new. Dean and Michael were old news.

"Great," he said. I could tell that he was rather relieved that he had not just been rejected.

"I guess I'll see you later, then," I said as I took off for the girl's dormitories.

"Night," he called up after me.

As I lay there in bed, I thought about what had happened today. I looked back on those silly feelings I had had when I was talking to Neville. Neville of all people! I tried to forget them, and just remembered I had agreed to go out with Colin. Well, I guess he was a nice guy, always trying to do well, and help Harry out. And now he was cute. That's always a plus (but I don't want to seem shallow or anything).

~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning at breakfast, people kept looking over at Colin and I and they continued to whisper about something. As soon as they figured out that I had noticed them they returned to their own breakfasts, though I could tell they were still whispering. It was probably the fact of how much Colin had changed.

"What the hell is wrong with everyone?" I said moodily.

"Maybe their jealous of me," said Colin.

"And why would they be jealous of you?" I asked, wondering what the hell he was talking about.

"Because I've got the best looking girl in the whole school," he said.

"Oh, you're sweet," I told him, kissing him softly on the cheek. His face started to turn red with embarrassment.

I looked around the table, and saw that Neville was looking at me. As soon as he saw me looking at him, he quickly busied himself with his bacon and eggs, eating with gusto. He needs to mind his own business like the rest of these gits who keep staring at me, I thought miserably. I felt bad for having thought that. Neville wasn't a git. Neville was a nice guy. I recalled last year when Harry got caught in Umbridge's fire, and that Squad of hers had captured the rest of us. I remember how Neville stood up for me and tried to stop them from taking me, but they just captured him along with Luna, Ron, and me. It was rather brave of him. He had gotten much braver over that year, fighting alongside Harry. He and Harry were the only two left standing at one point.

"Ginny, you're not eating. Is there anything wrong?"

Colin's voice had knocked me out of my reverie. I took one last fleeting look at Neville, then turned to look at Colin.

"What? Oh, nothing, I guess I'm not that hungry," I said to him.

We walked out into the entrance hall, and were hit by an awful wave of misfortune.

"Well, if it isn't little Miss Desperation," said a cold voice, from across the hallway.

"What the hell are you talking about, Malfoy?" I said angrily.

"Oh, it's just that you'll go out with anyone, won’t you? Even this pathetic little Potter-worshiper and, not to mention, Mudblood," he said, sneering at Colin, who puffed himself out defiantly.

"Well, that's where you're wrong, Malfoy," I said coolly, "There are some people I won't date. The scum-of-the-earth people like yourself and your whole bloody family!"

Those personal attacks on his family seem to hit him hard these days. But, you've got to do what you've got to do, even if you have to talk to prats like Malfoy. Colin pulled out his wand, but Malfoy was too quick for him.

"Petrificus Totalus!" he said, with a smile on his face.

"You little—" I started to say, while trying to nonchalantly pull out my own wand (I wanted to hex him by surprise).

"You better watch your step, Weasley," he said, pointing his at me before I could reach my own wand.

Just at that moment, Neville walked right into the scene.

"Ah, Longbottom. How're your parents doing?" Malfoy said, viscously, now pointing his wand at Neville instead of me.

"Shut your face, Malfoy," he said defensively, as he balled his hands into fists. Fortunately, I was able to get my wand out of my pocket without Malfoy noticing.

"Well, I'd hate for—" Malfoy started to say, when he realized I had just hit him with my favorite Bat-Boogey Hex. It was a sight I'll never forget. He ran off for his common room, faster than Harry's firebolt, I'd say.

"Thanks," said Neville shyly.

"No problem," I replied. Just then I realized Colin was laying like a board on the floor. "Oh, dear. I don't remember the countercurse for this…"

"Oh, I think it's something like, mandrelank," said Neville.

I did the countercurse, and turned to thank Neville, but he was gone. Colin gave a slight moan and got off the floor.