Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Life of the Littlest Weasley by ronrocksmyworld

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Note: After writing the last chapter in Neville's perspective, I was going to just switch back to Ginny's perspective forever. But in this chapter I've decided to write from Ginny's AND Neville's perspectives (it just makes the story better, I think). So, lights, camera, ACTION!

~*~*~*~*~

I woke up the next morning, rather late. I put on my robes quickly, ran a comb through my hair a few times, then dashed down the girl's dormitory steps. I hoped that Colin hadn't gone off to breakfast without me. But when I reached the bottom of the stairs, I saw Colin standing there, alone, looking at a piece of parchment, his brow furrowed in thought.

"I'm sorry, I'm late," I said, rushing over to where he was standing, still staring at the parchment.

"This is for you," he said, blankly, handing me the parchment.

I took the paper from him and read.

Ginny,

I just wanted to let you know that I really like you. You mean so much to me, if only I had some way of telling you. I wanted you to know that.


I stared at the letter, wondering why Colin looked so thoughtful over his own letter. Perhaps he didn't know what else to write and was worried I wouldn't like it.

"Colin, this letter is very sweet of you," I said to reassure him.

"Ginny," he said solemnly, "what is this about?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Who is this letter from?" he said in a voice that had a cold edge.

"You. You gave it to me."

"No. No it's not. Ginny, what is going on? Is there something or someone you need to tell me about?"

"Colin, what? I don't know who this letter is from!" He looked upset. Angry, even. But I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. I didn't understand. I had to have been about that note. It wasn't from him, but then, who?

"Right. If that's the case then, I think that this is over."

"Fine!" I retorted, matching his rage. "FINE! If you think that I'm going to stand for this, you are greatly mistaken. Good-bye, Colin, and good riddance!" I wanted to hex him, but I kept my dignity and stormed out of the common room, to the Great Hall.

I got down to the Great Hall to find that many people were still eating breakfast. I sat down next to Hermione, who was sitting with my brother and Harry.

"What's up?" said Ron.

"Oh. Colin's just a great big prat!" I said coldly and in a very bad mood. "I've broken up with him."

"Why? What happened?" said Hermione concernedly.

I recounted the events of what had just happened. When I told them about the note, Neville, who was seated a little ways away from Harry, looked up at me quickly. As soon as I noticed, I gave him an angry look for eavesdropping, and he looked down at his plate promptly. I continued my story as though nothing had interrupted me. When I had finished, the three of them looked at me.

"I'm so sorry, Ginny," said Hermione.

"Git," said Ron, simply.

"Well, he couldn't have been worth much if he got upset enough to break up with you over a little note," said Hermione, comfortingly.

"Who did you say that note was from, again?" asked Harry.

"That's the whole thing, I don't know who it's from. Whoever wrote it didn't sign it." I said, distractedly.

"Maybe whoever sent it meant to break you two up," said Ron, with a silly thoughtful look on his face that didn't fit.

"Oh, I don't know," said Hermione.

"Neither do I," I said, reaching for the bacon and orange juice.

~*~*~*~*~ (A/N: Changing perspectives!)

After overhearing Ginny talking to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, I was a little shocked. I didn't think writing a simple note would break up their relationship. I hadn't meant for that to happen. On, the upside, she did get my note… but will she hate the note-writer for writing the note that tore her and Colin apart? Now I felt I needed to tell someone, and the only person I could think was Hermione (again). So I went to tell her. She was sitting with Ron, Harry, and to my dismay, Ginny, in the common room.

"Hey Neville," said Harry upon my arrival.

"Hi, guys," I said, trying to be inconspicuous.

"What's going on, Neville?" said Hermione as I sat down in a chair next to Harry.

"Oh… er… not much. How bout you guys?"

"Ginny's just telling us about her breakup with Colin."

"Oh. I'm really sorry, Ginny," I said, truthfully.

"Oh, it's nothing, really. I'm fine. He wasn't worth it anyway," she said in reply. Silence followed her. It was awkward, and I didn't like it, so I decided to break the silence.

"Er… Hermione, could I talk to you for a second?" I asked timidly.

"Sure Neville, what is it?"

"Er… could we talk… er…. somewhere else?"

"Yeah, okay."

We left the corner of common room and exited the portrait hole. We walked down the hallway, I don't think we were going in any particular direction.

"Alright, Neville, what's up?" said Hermione.

"Well, I'm in a bit of a predicament."

"What predicament would that be?"

"Well, er… I wrote that note to Ginny," I said embarrassed. Hermione looked at me in surprise. "I hadn't meant for it to cause her and Colin to break up. I hadn't thought of what trouble it would cause…"

"No, it's not your fault," she said comfortingly.

"Well, what should I do?"

"The question is what do you want to do?" she said.

"But I don't know! That's why I came to you!" I said, frustrated that Hermione, the smartest girl in school didn't understand what I was talking about.

"Neville, what you do is your choice. I can't tell you what to do. You have to decide this on your own."

"But how will I know what to do?" I said desperation filling my stomach.

"Just follow your heart, I guess. It may sound ridiculous, but it's the only thing I can tell you," she said, as she started to head back to the common room. I stood there a moment, then shouted to her before she got too far away, "Hermione, please don't tell anyone." She looked back and acknowledged my words with a wave of her hand. I felt like talking to Hermione was a complete waste of my time. All she could say was 'follow your heart'. What was I supposed to do? She hadn't helped at all!