Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Happily Never After by Little_Duckie223

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ginny Weasley sat in an empty room on a large, cushy chair, twirling a short lock of her red hair between her fingers as her eyes ran diligently along the lines of her 5th year potions book. She had gotten through the chapter Snape had assigned and was now reading ahead, just in case. She knew she should be in her common room, but it was just too noisy there, she could never concentrate. She had run across this empty room sometime during her second year.

The room was decorated with an old lounger, two cushy chairs, a small desk and a body-length mirror over in the corner. There were no paintings in the room, and when she had first found it, the furniture had been covered in ghostly white sheets to keep dust from collecting on them. She had cleaned up the place and it was now homey. The fire sent shadows along the deep violet furniture and the deep violet walls that gave off a cozy air. The lamp that she had enchanted provided enough light to for her to read her book. She wrapped the maroon blanket around her tighter against the slight chill of the room.

*


As Draco was making his rounds, he noticed a light coming from the crack of a door down the end of an abandoned corridor. He thought excitedly about finding a snogging Gryffindor couple from whom he could deduct points. He knew very well this corridor was abandoned and Dumbledore had requested they not go down it. But obviously some couple had gone against Dumbledore's wishes, as usual. He walked smugly to the door and opened it quietly. He looked in to see the Weaselette curled up in a chair, looking quite comfy, reading a tattered text book in her lap.

Ginny looked up from the book in her lap hoping to see a friendly face, but much to her dismay, she saw the smug, pale face of Draco Malfoy. "What is it you want, ferret," she asked angrily.

"You, Weaselette, are forbidden to come down here, you know that." His silver eyes, glistening in the amber and yellow fire light. The light sent a warm glow on his pale skin, and made him look more approachable. But Ginny knew that was just a trick of the light. She shook herself mentally to make herself think straight.

"And what, may I ask, are you intending on doing about it?"

"I am a Prefect you know," he said smugly showing his gold badge as it gleamed against the mixture of fire light, and lamp light.

"And your point is?" She asked, her green eyes looking rebellious.

"I will take points from Gryffindor," he said smugly, his pale lips forming a famous Malfoy smirk.

"Is that all the mighty ferret can do? Oh my, what will I do? Big bad ferret is going to take house points," Ginny mocked , mirroring his smug look.

"Shut it, Weaselette," Draco said angrily, trying desperately to keep his cool, collected composure.

"Why don't you make me, Malfoy? Or are you scared a Weasley might actually beat you," she asked as she sat the potions book on a renaissance style end table. stood, dropping the blanket back onto the chair.

"Of course, I am not afraid of you, you low-class, poor, dirt grubbing weasel," Draco said trying to find words to hurt her.

Ginny only looked impassive at the words. It was nothing new to her, she was used to this. And she had grown to take it like a man, so to speak.

"Prove it," Ginny said coolly.

Draco went for his wand, but before he could pull it from his pocket, Ginny had called it to her. It was now sitting in her open palm. As he lunged at her to take his wand back, she stepped aside and he fell onto his face.

"Never thought I would see the day that Draco Malfoy would kiss my feet," Ginny said smugly, looking down on him.

"Shut it, weasel," Draco said, standing gracefully and whipping off his spotless robes. "You better have enjoyed that; it's the only time anyone will be below you."

Ginny looked at him superiorly. Just before he could attack her again something glowing in the corner caught her eye. She focused her tired eyes on it. "The mirror," she whispered and took a step closer.

Draco looked curiously at the glowing mirror from a distance, a bit wary of magic that he had only heard of in fairytales, and magic mirrors was one such magic.

As Ginny stepped closer she realized her reflection was not shown back to her. Her eyes widened in curiosity. She saw a forest with lush trees and soft, brown earth. Then she looked up the cut path and saw a little cottage with grey smoke billowing from the chimney. The little dirt path was lined with rose bushes, but the rose bushes were of all different colors. There were even colors she never thought existed. There were little balls of light that resembled fire flies that were all different colors, too. A red one came close to the mirror, and Ginny saw the small figure of a fairy with red wings and the little green outfit and hat. She reached out to touch the mirror, expecting her fingers to hit the cool surface of the mirror, but they didn't; instead, they plunged into a wet, cold substance. She quickly jerked her hand back and looked at it as if it were a foreign object. Then she shrugged her shoulders, deciding she didn't have much to lose, at least she would escape Malfoy.

She stepped cautiously into the cool substance, and felt a nauseating pull in her stomach. When she turned around, she saw the room she had been in through a rippling piece of air. Draco was standing there dumbfounded. Ginny turned and looked at the cottage again. She felt the soft earth beneath her heels and the bright sun beating down on her through the thick canopy of the trees.

Draco shook his head, deciding it was best to leave the Weasel alone. He would not mess with fairytale magic, it was too unpredictable. He reached for his wand but found it not there. Then it struck him, Weaselette still had it. He groaned, the only way to get it back would be to go after her. He stepped cautiously towards the mirror, but before he could even step into the mirror it sucked him in, and he felt a nauseating jerk in his stomach. When he landed on the soft earth beside Weasel, he frowned. "Give me back my wand," he demanded but she was gaping at something behind him. "What in the world are you gaping at?" he whipped around and saw that the rippling air and the room was gone. "No, we're not stuck, are we?"

Ginny nodded solemnly. "Yeah," was all she could manage.

"No," Draco shouted. His face immediately lost its emotionless mask, and panic over-rode it. "We can't be stuck here! No I have too much ahead of me to be stuck here with a weasel! Where are we, anyway?!"

"The land of happily ever after," a melodious voice said from behind them.