Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Another Girl? by shadowlandgirl

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do not own any part of Harry Potter’s world except the O’Connor family. Though I have two brothers and if J.K. Rowling would like to trade I would gladly accept.



Slytherin Girl

Darren’s POV
“Riley, earth to Riley. Are you there?” Darren O’Connor asked his twin sister Riley. She had been spacing off lately and he was worried about her. Changing schools was tough on her, luckily her friend Sydney went to Hogwarts. Maybe I’m being a little over protective, she says she’s fine.

Riley’s POV
Of course I’m here, where else would I be? I see his point though, I’ve been spacing off lately way too much.
“Yeah, I’m here”, she answered to her brother who looked concerned with how long it took him to answer.
“Oh, hey that reminds me, you go sit with Blake and Craig on the train. I’m going to find someone new to sit with so I can make some friends. I don’t want to freak them out with the whole twin thing too soon.”
Even though Darren and Riley were twins the looked nothing alike. Darren got his Dad’s looks and had dark hair and a slightly more muscular build while Riley had red gold hair of their mum and a lighter build. Everyone called them negatives of each other. People often thought it was a joke when they told them they were twins.
New school year, new school, not going to mess it up this time. The van pulled up to King Cross Station and all four kids jumped out of the van and grabbed their trunks. The 7th year twins hauled their dull red trunks onto a trolley and rushed into the station after yelling a simple goodbye to their parents and telling Riley and Darren to meet them on the train. Can barely contain their excitement about leaving for their last year those two. Geez hope Darren and me aren’t like that. Darren helped Riley get her midnight blue trunk then got his forest green one onto a trolley and said goodbye to their parents who didn’t want to but had to get back to work. Darren offered to push the trolley so Riley walked behind thinking. He’s so sweet he’ll make friends in no time. It’s me I’m worried about.
“There’s Turner, I’ll put the trunks away and either see you on the train or at Hogwarts.” Darren said, jerking her out of her thoughts. Walking along moments after Darren left, Riley realized that she didn’t know how to get to platform 9 ¾. Damn, I should’ve asked. If I wasn’t so spaced out I probably would have remembered. Come on Riley, you’re losing your touch. Just then she spotted a tall rather hot looking boy with platinum blond hair walking further up with his own trunk.
“Hey, hey you, stop for a moment.” She yelled at the boy. The boy looked shocked that anyone would yell at him to stop but he turned around.
“What, I haven’t got all day.”
“I need to know how to get to platform 9 ¾.”
“New are you, well since you’re obviously ignorant I’ll tell you. Walk straight through the barrier between platforms 9 and 10.”
“Thanks.” She yelled behind her as she went running through the barrier.
Walking down the aisle of the train Riley looked for a carriage that was either empty or had people in it that would at least let her sit with them. Finally she came to a carriage that had just four people in it, two boys and two girls, and none of them looked like they had a horrible disposition. One of the girls had brown bushy hair that she had tamed by putting on a headband while the other had red hair like Riley’s in a ponytail. Of the two boys one of them had black unruly hair that looked like it had never seen a brush and the other had red hair and a scattering of freckles all along the bridge of his nose. Hmm, the red head looks kinda cute. You can see the muscles through his shirt. Stop it Riley, you have been on this train ten minutes and already you have a crush on someone. You don’t even know his name or if he has a girlfriend. Alright, time to take the plunge.
“Hi, I’m Riley. Can I sit here?

Ron’s POV
Ron looked up and saw the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She had red hair like his only hers was a red gold that shone in the sunlight. She was tall enough so she was taller then average but still short enough that she was a good four inches shorter then Ron and two inches shorter then Harry. She had curves in all the right places and was wearing a knitted sweater and hip hugger jeans to show them off. She had an air of confidence around but seemed not to know how beautiful she was.
I’m glad I don’t have a girlfriend now. Ron had been complaining to Harry that he had Ginny, something he wasn’t sure he liked yet, but Ron had no one. Hermione took over from there.
“Hello, of course you can sit here. This is Harry, Ginny and Ron. I’m Hermione.” Riley sat down next to Ron and he blushed. Bloody hell, I’m not sure I can handle sitting next to her.
“Is this your first year here? Ginny asked trying to strike up a conversation.
“Yeah, my brothers already go here and are in their 7th year but me and Darren, my twin brother, are just starting. We were home schooled by my parents while they were traveling the world. They work for the ministry of magic in the wizzarding games department. They were traveling to make sure the ministry was up to date with the rules on all the wizard games in the world.
“That’s awesome”, Harry said, “What house do you want to get into?”
“Oh Darren and I want to be in Slytherin like my brothers.”, she replied casually.


A/N: Ooh, cliffhanger!! Will Ron fall for a Slytherin? You will only find out if I get reviews saying people like it! HA HA HA!
No really the bst thing for writer's block is good reviews.