Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It Never Could Have Worked by DangerousDai

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns Harry Potter. How many times must I write this?

******************************************

Ginny stared at her baked potatoes, trying to force herself up from the table. Professor Snape had instructed her to arrange a tutoring schedule with Malfoy. That meant she had to talk with Malfoy. Ginny hadn’t wanted to talk to him during dinner, not with the whole school to witness it. Instead, she waited until the Hall was as vacant as possible.

Ginny stole a glance at Malfoy. He was talking to Theodore Nott and gesturing to his Head Boy badge as he did so. Ever since Dumbledore had selected Malfoy as Head Boy, the Slytherin hadn’t stopped gloating for an instant. The usual sneer played around his lips as he spoke to his retinue. He might be an evil conceded git, but that didn’t stop him from being breathtakingly cute. Ginny tried to ignore these these thoughts. It was Malfoy, she told herself, get a grip!

The Hall was fairly empty, save for a few Ravenclaws, a couple Hufflepuffs, and Malfoy’s gang of Slytherins. Ginny was now was heartily wishing that she had paid attention to Potions instead of fantasizing about her admirer. Ginny took a deep breath a started toward the Slytherin table, a resigned, yet determined, look on her face.

“Malfoy.” Ginny said loudly over the Slytherin’s banter. Next to Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson turned around in her seat.

“What do you want, Weasley?” she snarled. Ginny ignored the Slytherin girl and raised her voice insistently.

“Malfoy!”

“What?” Malfoy broke off from his conversation with Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini. He smirked when he saw Ginny.

“Need something Weasel girl?” Malfoy asked “Money perhaps?” Ginny glared as the knot of Slytherin laughed loudly at Malfoy’s joke. She set her jaw and told herself to keep her temper.

“Snape told me to talk to you.” Ginny said through bared teeth. Malfoy rolled his eyes.

“Oh right. The failing student I have to tutor.” He sneered, “I’ll be right back guys.” His gang chuckled again, though Ginny failed to see anything funny. Malfoy winked at Blaise and got up from the table.

“Walk, Weaslette,” He told her, setting a quick pace out of the Hall. “So, you’re failing Potions, huh, Weaslette?”

“Yes.” Ginny told him shortly, “Now, what time tomorrow?” She really wanted to get this over with, and she really wanted that sentiment to be obvious.

“Seven’s fine.” He answered, “Dungeons, at seven. Is that alright?” To Ginny’s surprise, the last question was not coated in sarcasm as was usual with Malfoy, but seemed almost sincere.

“Yeah, seven’s fine.”

“Good, it better be.” All sincerity had vanished. Ginny nodded curtly and began to walk away, but Malfoy tagged along with her.

“Now Weaslette, I’m doing you a favor here.”

“Yeah, okay.” Ginny kept walking. Malfoy followed.

“So you owe me one.”

“Sure, whatever, I owe you.” Ginny rolled her eyes and walked faster.

“It is polite to return a favor with a favor, Weaslette.” He continued as the two of them ascended a flight of stairs. “What sort of favor will you do me?”

“Leave me alone, Malfoy.”

He pestered her all the way up the staircase. When Malfoy followed Ginny down two or three more corridors, Ginny switched routes. She wasn’t going to lead him straight up to Gryffindor Tower. They took several deserted passages until they ended up a very discreet corner of the castle.

“Go away.”

“Come on, what will you do for me?” Ginny had had it with Malfoy. She turned around to give him a piece of her mind. But Malfoy had gone. Ginny turned again. The little ferret had dodged head of her, blocking her path, his signature smirk all over that pale pointed (cute) face. Ginny stared at him a bit longer than she meant to. With his hair hanging in his cool gray eyes, and that stunning physique, oh he was gorgeous. Ginny shook her head. What was she thinking?

“Move.” Malfoy shook is head, still smirking teasingly. Ginny scowled and turned to leave the other way, but Malfoy grabbed her hand. Startled, Ginny allowed herself to be pulled closer to him. Before she even knew what was happening, Ginny was backed against a wall and Malfoy was whispering in her ear,

“Go on, what will you do?”

And he kissed her. For moment or two, Ginny was lost in the perfect kiss. Malfoy placed one hand behind her neck and the kiss intensified. His tongue ran along her teeth until Ginny (still gone from reality) allowed the tongue entrance. Ginny had never been kissed like that before”not by Michael Corner, or Dean Thomas, or anyone. Ginny was about to further the kiss herself when she realized what she was doing: she was snogging Malfoy!

Ginny was immediately appalled as she came to herself. She tried to pull back, but Malfoy had her tightly sandwiched between his body and the stone wall behind her. Ginny struggled against him, but she was no match for his strength. Ginny’s resistance only encouraged Malfoy to go after her more. Ooh if she could get to her wand, that ferret would pay!

Just as Ginny had given up her struggle, a voice sounded from the other end of the corridor.

“MALFOY!”

To Ginny’s great relief, the kiss was broken. Malfoy pulled away from her to face the newcomer. Ginny, physically and emotionally exhausted, slid down the wall and landed, curled at Malfoy’s feet. She didn’t look up, she couldn’t face the teacher or Prefect who had caught them.

“What the bloody hell were you doing?!”

Ginny’s eye’s widened and she quickly looked up. She knew that voice; it was Ron! At that moment, Ginny was unsure whether she was relieved to see Ron or not. On one hand, she had needed rescuing, and no one protects better than an older brother. On the other hand, no one freaked out like an older either”particularly when he had caught his baby sister snogging Draco Malfoy.

“Ron!” Ginny gasped. Ron grabbed his sister and hauled her up from the floor.

“What happened? Are you all right? What did he do to you?” Ron hugged Ginny as worried questions poured out of his mouth. From under a crook in Ron’s elbow, Ginny caught a look from Draco. It was a very difficult look to read; angry, yet apologetic, understanding, yet arrogant. Ginny quickly averted her gaze, pretending she had seen the look. When Ron was finished giving his rib-cracking hug, he kept one arm protectively around his sister.

“You stay away from my sister, you understand, Malfoy?” Ron glared at the Slytherin. The look Ginny had seen earlier had vanished from Malfoy’s face and was replaced by a deep scowl.

“I wasn’t aware I was under your orders, Weasel.” He snarled.

“Don’t think this is going to go unreported, ferret face. And keep your filthy hands off my sister.”

Ron turned sharply, dragging Ginny along with him. Neither said a word until they reached the portrait of the fat lady. Ron muttered the password and the siblings entered the tower. As soon as they were in the common room, Ron let go of Ginny.

“Ginny, go on up to bed, you’ve been through such an ordeal. You need your rest.” Ginny was too dazed to argue and allowed Ron to escort her to the staircase to the girls dormitories.

Ron shook his head and retreated to the fire, where Harry and Hermione were studying for Transfiguration.

“What was that about?” Hermione asked, concerned. Ron pounded one fist into his knee before speaking.

“I was on my Prefect duties on the fourth floor corridor and I caught Malfoy snogging Ginny.”

“No!”

“Yes. And the slimy ferret had his filthy hands all over her.” He sucked in a deep frustrated breath. “Git. I could barely get a word out of Ginny; she’ll be traumatized for life.”

Harry flinched as his scar began it’s familiar prickling.

“What’s wrong Harry?” Hermione asked anxiously. Harry shook his head.

“Scar.”

He rubbed his forehead as Hermione and Ron continued to discuss Ginny’s adventure. Harry listened, but said nothing, maintaining very troubled silence.