Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Icy Blue Eyes by Kate Mari

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N-Sorry you had to wait so long! I’ll go iron my fingers now. *Sadly walks away from computer and turns the iron onto the setting that reads ‘Hands’* Oh yeah! *Running back to the computer* Thanks to my non-Harry Potter friend, Becky, for BETA-ing! Enjoy!




Chapter Three

Ginny Weasley was sitting comfortably in the Gryffindor Common Room doing her potions’ essay before heading off to Hogsmeade. As she put the finishing touches on her essay, something bushy flew through the portrait hole and up the winding stairs leading to the girl’s dormitory. Ginny set down her paper and swiftly ran up to her dormitory.

She quietly peeped inside the half closed door and observed as the bushy haired creature’s chest moved up and down accordingly to her sobs.

“Hermione?” Ginny questioned as she slowly pushed open the wooden oak door and walked inside. She cautiously padded across the room. Her footsteps were tuned out as the sobs grew more intense. She sensitively sat down at the foot of Hermione’s bed.

A few minutes passed before Hermione’s sobs slowly drifted to a whimper. Gradually, Hermione lifted her head off the feather pillow and turned towards her good friend with a tear-stained face, her eyes full of sorrow and pain.

“What happened, Hermione?” Ginny asked quietly.

“I don’t really want to talk about it right now. This isn’t like me.” she replied, sitting up in her bed. Ginny placed her arm around Hermione’s shoulders.

“Ok, but you know you’re gonna have to tell me later, right!” Ginny informed Hermione, trying to lighten the mood with a mischievous grin.

“Yeah,” she returned with a smile.

“Let’s go to Hogsmeade and have a butterbeer. That always makes me feel better!” Hermione nodded encouragingly. Ginny stood up and walked with her best friend, arm in arm, towards the wooden oak door.




“Wow!” Hermione exclaimed scoping the Three Broomsticks. For a Saturday, the usually crowded pub was extremely busy. Ginny grabbed Hermione’s arm and carefully led her through the crowd, dodging between the Hogwarts students and visiting witches and wizards to Hogsmeade. They sat down at the only remaining table in a considerably far corner of the room, visible by everyone entering the Broomsticks.

“I’m going to get the butterbeer, be right back.” Ginny removed herself from the table and wove through the crowd to talk to Madam Rosmerta, the bartender with turquoise heels.

As Hermione awaited Ginny’s return, she peered through the window and watched as her fellow classmates chased each other into store after store. Neville Longbottom came out of Honeydukes, followed closely by Harry Potter. Hermione nervously watched to make sure Ron was not with them.
Hmmm . . .. Her brain fought hard to figure out whether she should let out a sigh of relief or feel sorry for running out on him.

“What ‘ya looking at, Hermione?” Ginny inquired setting the mugs down and finally sitting down herself. She looked out the window in the direction of the main road. “Anyways, drink up!” Ginny picked up her mug and took a drink.

Hermione tore her eyes away from the outside world and gave a meek smile towards Ginny. She picked up her butterbeer and took a long drought while clearing her head.




The room closed like evaporating water as students of Profesor McGonagall’s Transfiguration Class took their seats. The room exploded in talk and rumors while waiting for the bell to signal the beginning of class. Professor was scrawling on the chalkboard directions for their assignments that day.
Hermione walked into the buzzing classroom with the ‘Divination Twins’, Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil. The bell rang noisily just as the three sat at a table together. Hermione took each book out one by one, careful not to look in the direction of Ron, Harry, and Neville. Although Hermione still talked to Neville frequently, he was sitting at the same table as Ron and Harry, whom she did not want to converse with at the moment. She was still embarrassed about what happened with Ron the other day and pushed that moment to the back of her head.

Wonder if Ron has even talked to Harry yet Hermione poked.

“Today” began Professor McGonagall trying to quiet down the vivacious class. “We begin a new subject.”

On and on the Professor went, explaining what happens when transfiguring goes wrong. Hermione glanced over at Parvati and Lavender; they were passing notes without notice of the teacher underneath the table.

Maybe I should take notes Hermione thought to herself as she took out a piece of parchment and a quill.

Class ended shortly. The buzzing began again and the halls were filled with students shuffling to reach their next class. Anxious as they were to get everything out to their fellow friends during passing time, there was one person who was not participating in this daily pastime.

“Hermione!” someone shouted over the spirited voices down the hallway. “Hermione, wait up!”

The one being called slowly turned around, scared of who might want her. She searched the flowing hallway and saw someone with messy jet-black hair near the end of the feisty crowd. Hermione pushed herself off to the side next to a suit of armor.

“Hey!” Harry conveyed as if they had been carrying on a conversation for hours. “What’s with the long face?”

At that precise moment, the person whom she did not want to talk to walked up behind Harry.

A little uncomfortably Harry broke the ice. “Hi, Ron.”

“Hi, Harry, Hermione” Ron said trying to avoid both of their eyes, yet knowing they would have to talk sooner or later.

"Hi, Ron." Hermione blushed furiously and somehow got the courage to say, "I talk to you later, ok?”

Ron finally looked up into her warm, brown eyes. “All right. I have Quidditch practice tonight after dinner, so how about when I get back?”

“Ok. I’ll meet you in the Common Room.” Hermione made a mental note and looked at Harry. He was giving them a weird look.

“Harry? Are you ok?”

Harry looked between the two and started laughing. “I have to tell Ginny!”

With that said, Harry took off running down the hallway towards the Dark Arts’ classroom to find Ginny.

What was that all about? Hermione thought puzzled.

“Well, we’d better get to class. Hagrid is considering showing us a new creature.”

“Yeah” Ron replied and turned to walk down the hallway.

What is up between Harry and Ginny? Do they still think that….Aww, c’mon!



A/N Hope you liked it! If you didn't, the next chapter will be better. Please review and tell me what I can do better, or something about the story. Thanks!