Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Icy Blue Eyes by Kate Mari

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: None of the Harry Potter universe belongs to me.



Chapter 4 - Blushed
*In the Great Hall*

Ok Hermione nervously thought, planning out what she was going to say to Ron at their meeting that night. Maybe . . . hmmm- She started tapping her fingers on the table as she rested her troubled head on her other hand. Oh, why can't these things be found in books! Hermione threw her arms up in despair.

Fortunately, her musings were interrupted by Ginny’s exclamation of "Hi, Hermione!" She plopped herself down opposite Hermione at the Gryffindor table. "How's it going? You look a little nervous." Hermione looked puzzled. "That arm throwing thing kind of gave it away. Is everything okay?" She was watching Hermione push her pork chops and corn around with her fork, the next sign of a troublesome mind.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine," she lied, looking carefully towards the Great Hall doors. "You just came from quidditch practice, right?"

Ginny nodded her head, putting some mashed potatoes into her mouth. "So Ron is . . . er, and Harry are coming, right?" She gave Ginny a quizzical look. She didn't mean to just say Ron's name, so she tried to cover it up with a nervous half smile.

Swallowing her potatoes Ginny replied, "Yeah. They were in the showers when I left."

"Ok. Thanks, Ginny." Hermione finished her pumpkin juice, stood up, and started weaving her way through students making their way to dinner.

Good, she told to herself, not looking where she was going. Maybe I can still . . . oof . . . What the . . .? She looked up hastily to find herself, yet again, face-to-face with Ronald Weasley. "Oh, sorry, Ron," she mumbled. All of the sudden, she found herself lost in his icy blue eyes, barely visible under his shaggy auburn hair. His lop-sided grin spread across a freckled face.

"It's all right, Hermione. Let me just grab something to eat. Dinner always smells good after a long, hot practice. I'm starving!" Ron added massaging his stomach.

"What's new?" Harry chuckled, rolling his eyes and leading the way around Hermione.

"I'll meet you in the Common Room," Hermione told Ron, finding her voice. She watched her two best friends push each other playfully and sit down across from Ginny. Ron immediately loaded his plate and poured pumpkin juice full to the brim of his goblet. Harry started chatting and gestured frantically with his hands. Obviously he was telling a joke or comical story because Ron snorted juice out of his nose and Ginny almost fell off the bench laughing so hard. Even Neville, who had just appeared next to Ginny, was snorting with laughter. Hermione snapped out of her trance, shaking her head to rid herself of a blank stare. What was I doing? Oh, yeah! Books.

She made her way to the distant library found on the fourth floor; but as she neared, she found herself in front of locked doors and a dark library. "Great," she sighed sarcastically. "Better get back to the Common Room then."




"Fashionable Muggle," said Hermione distractedly.

"In you go, then!" the Fat Lady's portrait replied merrily, swinging open to reveal the comfortable, burgundy and gold Gryffindor common room swarmed, as usual, with first and second years. Hermione took a seat in an uncomfortable chair by the portrait hole. I'll just wait for Ron to show up she thought, picking up a pamphlet on careers laying on the little coffee table next to her.

Gryffindors continued to file in from the Great Hall, and though Ron and Harry did eventually return, Hermione couldn't work up the nerve to interrupt them. Ten minutes later, though, Hermione grew too impatient. She jumped out of her chair to yell through the crowd at Ron. "Ron! Ron!"
He swung around to catch a glimpse of his best friend desperately trying to move towards him. Without hesitation, he started walking away from Harry, also pushing his way to meet Hermione.

Between two bubbly second years, Ron suggested, "It's crowded! Let's go somewhere else."

Hermione nodded and they left the Common Room quickly.
Making their way down the marble staircase, they ran into the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Andi Thaire. She casually greeted the two. "Hello, Professor!" Hermione graciously said; Ron simply grunted, "Hullo." Professor Thaire simply nodded her goodbye and raised her tall, skinny frame up the stairs.

Hermione led the way outside to sit on the warm, stony stairs just catching the last rays of the sunset.

"Well . . ." Ron pushed some his hair out of his eyes, smiling curiously.

Okay Hermione instantly thought. This isn't like me. Why am I breathing hard? My hands are sweaty. Am I sick? I've never felt this way before. Deep breath
"I know you and Harry had a fight a few nights ago. We talked this over, and I told you to talk to him . . . it looks like you two are getting along fine. Am I right?" Hermione implored.

"Back to normal," Ron smiled his infamous lop-sided grin.

"Good." Hermione's heart began to beat fast as she looked deeply into Ron's eyes. "And . . . well . . . what I got out of it was . . . " Hermione fumbled with her hands in her lap. "I mean . . ." Hermione searched frantically with her gestures and her speech.

"Yeah?" Ron's eyes, icy blue as always, danced with excitement and somewhat, Hermione perceived, to be mischief.

"Er . . . well, Harry and Ginny think we were . . .umm doing something only two people who like each other would be doing the night I found you in the Common Room," Hermione blurted out, but could not find why she seemed so nervous about saying that. "They seemed excited."

Ron's blue eyes widened with surprise. The seconds ticked by. Then, after an excruciatingly long time, he asked solemnly, "Do you feel that way about me?"

Hermione blushed just as Ron's ears went red.



A/N: Hehehe . . . couldn't help but have a cliffhanger. Sorry to make you wait so long! I hope this chapter makes you want to read more of my fic! I would like to thank Inspireroflove9191 and DanielRadcliffeandMe for helping me. You guys rock! On to the next chapter! Read and review please!