Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Icy Blue Eyes by Kate Mari

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Of course I don't own the Harry Potter world, I just own the plot to this story. But I do hope everyone had a lovely holidays. This story is almost finished! I would love to hear from you after you've read this chapter so review! Enjoy!



Chapter 6

It began as a blustery Monday. Hallways were still dark, lit only by the bronze blaze of the torchlight. The bell seemed to ring early for the students who had stayed up late over the weekend. Down in the dungeons, yawns and groans were echoed over the Potions class where the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws hung their heads with drowsiness. They had double Potions every Monday and hated it with a passion. Snape's attitude did not help either. It seemed to detiriorate as class progressed; probably due to Neville Longbottom and Nitra Statwell's failure as partners to correctly complete and then diminish their potion. As the class jumped out of their seats with the screech of the lunch bell, Harry caught up with Ron.

"Have you talked to Madam Pince yet about Hermione's book?"

"Actually, I'm heading there right now. I'm starving, but I don't think I can sit through lunch with the dread of what's going to happen to me. I just want to get it over with already," Ron sulked, walking quite quickly.

"Oh. Well good luck. See ya later."

"Yeah, cross your fingers." Ron took a right up the marble staircase and out of sight. Trapsing into the Great Hall, Harry noticed Hermione talking with Ginny.

"Yeah, then I took off in the rickety old boat. Hearing thundering footsteps, I turned to look back towards land. Running across the dock came a frantic Ron, jumping and waving his arms. He was yelling for the boat to turn around and for me to come back, but I stood firmly and didn't look his way. I heard a defiant splash and turned quickly to see him splashing, trying to swim to me. I made the captain stop the boat and we waited for Ron. Some of the crew pulled him aboard all sopping wet and shaggy-looking. He said, 'I'm so sorry. I need to start doing homework myself. I know I may act immature sometimes, but I need to know if you've forgiven me for all that. I love you, Hermione.' The words repeated in my swirling head. I stared at him for a second, and then - well - kind of embarassing . . . but we started snogging."

"W - What was that?" Harry studdered, amazed. He had only heard the last few words.

"My dream last night," Hermione said sheepishly as Harry sat down next to her. Ginny sat there laughing and pointing at Hermione and Harry. "Too funny! Too funny! - I knew it would happen, even if it was in a dream!"

Getting frustrated, Hermione retorted, "Ginny! It was just a dream!"

Harry now not able to stop himself, started chuckling himself. "Aargh!" Hermione grabbed her books and stormed off. Watching the storm gather, Ginny realized, "Did I say something?" Harry shrugged his shoulders and put his hands up nonverbally saying he didn't do it.

***

"It was just a dream. Why are they laughing and saying it will happen? I only dreamt it because I was thinking about . . . Ron!" Walking straight for her was the youngest male Weasley; he seemed down spirited.

"Hey, Hermione."

"Hi, Ron. Where have you been?"

"With the bloody librarian." Hermione shook her head at the rude language. "And . . ." she encouraged him.

"She gave me a detention - with Snape," he muttered angrily grinding his teeth.

"Oh, Ron. I told you I would take it back! Now you have to pay for my silly mistake. Can I make it up to you somehow?" Hermione replied quickly.

Ron thought for a moment. "No. I'll be fine." Then Ron's eyes got suddenly big. "But maybe you can do my Potion's essay due tomorrow!"

"Oh, Ron! Why do you always try and get out of doing your homework? You'll never learn anything if you don't do it yourself!" Having said her two-cents, Hermione took off towards her next class, Muggle Studies. Ron watched her go then finally said, "Is that a no on the homework?"

***

As evening approached, a misty grey overcast rolled in by the blasting wind. With every growing second an immense storm approached the gloomy castly. Classes had ended and Quidditch practice was commenced. Detentions were started and homework getting done. Out on the Quidditch Pitch, the Gryffindor team was practicing, although with much difficulty. When they had found out Ron had to be in a detention instead of at practice, Bethany Thaire and Aaron Dixon had thrown tantrums because they had to trade positions with eachother playing Ron's position as Keeper. Not to mention the unbeatable force of stinging wind that intensified their practice.

"Harry! I can't even catch the Quaffle let alone see it! I can barely see the end of my broomstick! Please let us take a break!" a teammate yelled hoarsely through the gust.

Diving downward toward his team, Harry thought about his much needed answer. Approaching them, a light bulb flashed in his head. Taking a deep breathe he began. "We need the practice. This weather will allow us a great advantage over the Slytherin team this next weekend. I know you guys, and girls, are very strong in any kind of disadvantage; that's why I chose you for the powerful Gryffindor Quidditch team." At this point, Harry's voice started to grow into an immense roar. He continued, "Now, let me see you take some Gryffindor pride, and work harder than ever. You are more powerful than this wind, better than all the other Quidditch teams here at Hogwarts. What do you say? Can we win this weekend! Can we finish this practice?!"

Wide-eyed and bewildered, the Gryffindors looked at each other then back at Harry. While waiting for a reaction, Harry struck a defensive pose. All of a sudden, Bethany and Aaron broke out in cheers and started clapping. Harry, wondering what was up, made up his mind and took a bow on his broom.

"Let's get started!" he shouted, but feeling something like a tap on his shoulder, Harry turned toward his left.

"I think they were clapping for me, mate," Ron grinned.

Harry's face went slightly red before he yelled, "Bethany, Aaron, get back to your regular positions. Ron, place yourself in front of the hoops. Everyone else, resume what you were doing before we held this pity party." He took off speeding on his broomstick, trying to make everyone think he was searching for the snitch, but actually flying just high enough so he could be out of eye and earshot.

"Man, why does my team seem to disrespect me so much. If I say they need to practice more, and not to mention in the wind, then they should go out and not complain. I'm captain, I know what's best for them," Harry finished. Thinking a moment, he suddenly burst out laughing; the noise of laughter echoing through the stadium. "I sound like Wood. His aggresiveness must have rubbed off on me throughout the years. Wow . . ."

KRASH! BAM!

"Harry!"

"Take them to the hospital wing," he demanded. Shaking his head and talking to himself again he whispered, "A good waste of practice right there." He flew down to the ground and headed out of the stadium to the showers.