Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 1 ~ 303 lilies


Lily Evans walked into the Head’s Dorm feeling gay and exhilarated. She was drunk on love and nothing could make her sober again. She closed her eyes and twirled in the happiness that she had just endured. It was June 30th, her last day at Hogwarts and the most wonderful event had just happened to her.

She twirled around and let the memory overcome her over and over again. Twirling in her head, the words, the picture, and the moment that had just taken place. It was the happiness that every girl dreamed about, and wished about. And here for her tonight, everything had been perfect.

She had remained long after hours and just sat there in the happiness. Watching the half crescent moon shining brightly in the midnight sky, the lake glistening black and the squid lazily drifting to the top and back down to the bottom.

She stopped twirling and kept her eyes closed…trying to make her world stop spinning. It slowed and she opened her eyes. She blinked twice and gasped. Everywhere in the living headquarters’ were flowers. No not just flowers…lilies. The sweet scent touched her nostrils and gently massaged them. They were everywhere in the living area, almost covering everything. On the couch, scattering the floor, the table, the mantelpiece, and in the sparkling light fixture.

James Potter always has something up his sleeve, now doesn’t he? Lily thought to herself.

There was a note on the steps leading to her Dorm. She walked over and picked it up.

My dearest Lily,
These lilies are my undying love. There may be very little but they mean more. There are 303, for the 303 days that we have been dating…and one white rose for today. I hope today was all that you ever hoped for. Sniff the lilies they are sweet and loving, just like you.

James


She set down the card. She walked over to one of the lilies and picked it up. She sniffed it, and then she felt a familiar jerking feeling and was tumbled into a memory…




September 2nd

“Hey, Evans, where you headed to?” James Potter asked Lily.

“I’m going to Potions, Potter, now what do you want?” Lily asked trying to out walk James. But that was proving impossible seeing that James was taller and had longer legs.

“Well, I am headed there to so I will walk with you,” James said simply.

Lily whipped around and glared at him. “You made NEWT Potions too? How?” she asked.

“Simple, I studied,” James said, shrugging his shoulders.

Lily turned around and started to walk down a flight of steps. “Leave me alone, Potter.”

“Well, I had a question for you,” James said, catching up to her.

“The answer is no.”

“You haven’t even heard the question yet!”

“I already know it, and the answer is no.”

“So, than I guess I will tell Dumbledore that you don’t want a back-to-school dance.”

Lily whipped around again. “Excuse me?”

“Well it was your idea, not mine. I was just going to confirm with you that you wanted one. But I can always go tell Dumbledore no,” James said smirking at his cleverness.

“Your such a prick you know! All you had to do was “ forget it. Yes, a dance would be nice because of the war; some inter-house unity would be nice. Go do your little confirming and leave me alone,” Lily said, irritated she started to walk again towards the dungeons.

“Well, that can wait until lunch. I have a Potions class.”

“Fine. Just don’t pair with me this year. I am not in the mood,” Lily said huffily.

“Fine. Want to go then?” James asked.

“Go where, Potter?”

“To the dance.”

“No.”

“Aw, come on. Why not?”

“Because I said no. Do I need to make myself clearer? Fine then, Potter, you are a prick and I will not go to the back-to-school dance with you.”

“Well…”

“Well what, Potter?”

“Dumbledore thought that maybe it would be a good idea if the Heads went together.”

Lily whipped around. “You dolt! You lied! You already confirmed didn’t you! Oh, Potter, I swear! Fine, if that’s what the Headmaster wants, than fine! But I am going to find a way out of it.”

“Fine, I will meet you in our living quarters at a quarter after seven.”

Lily stood rooted to the spot. “But it begins at seven.”

“I know, I want to be fashionably late.”

“We won’t.”

“Yes, we will,” James said, and than walked around Lily and towards the dungeons whistling a happy tune.

*Later that week*

“Potter, would you please hurry up!” Lily shouted, banging on his door.

“Alright, alright I will be done in a second than you can have the loo to yourself,” James said.

“Why are guys so difficult?” Lily muttered. She heard the door shut and lock telling her that James had exited into his own room. She walked in to the bathroom where she showered, got dressed, and did her hair and make-up.

“I’m ready,” James yelled, from the living room downstairs, fifteen minutes later.

“Well I am not,” Lily shouted back. She took a glance into the mirror. “Dumbledore, why did you do this?” she asked the mirror. She took one more look sighed and than slipped on her shoes and exited the room.

“Wow, Lily, you look gorgeous.”

“Thanks, Potter. You’re not too bad looking yourself this evening,” Lily said looking at James. He had on a set of midnight blue dress robes that brought out his hazel/honey eyes. And his hair was tousled and looked damp.

“Your dress robes are pretty.”

“Thank-you,” Lily said, glancing down and straightening them self-consciously.

Lily had on emerald green robes that her mother said brought out her eyes. They went down to the floor, and were silk-like. Her hair was done elaborately in curls that fell softly down her back.

“Shall we?” James asked, with a charming smile.

Lily smiled. “Surely, but nothing funny tonight,” she said, hesitating to take his outstretched arm.

“I promise.”

“Okay than,” she said, than linked her arm with his.




Author's Note ~ Hello everyone! Ok, I hope that you like this first chapter! The chapters get funnier, more romantic, and some make you teary-eyed.

Ok, well...review and tell me what you all think about it!

Read! Review! Enjoy!