Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 10 ~ Pain and Passion Part I


She came tumbling back from the memory, numb. She remembered that night like the back of her hand. That was the night that her heart had raced, her blood had ran cold, and her body had gone weak. Simply speaking, she had fallen in love with James Potter, without thinking she picked up another lily.

Little did she know, it was a painful one, one she had blocked out of her mind.




Lily awoke to the light dancing across her bed. It was December 28th, and she was in the Potter Manor still. She hoisted herself up and stretched before rubbing the sleep from her emerald green eyes. She glanced at the clock.

9:30 a.m.

“Still early,” she said to herself.

She got out of bed and walked into the adjacent bathroom. She showered and pulled fresh, clean robes on to herself. She did her hair, using a heat charm, from her wand and than carefully applied a light layer of make-up.

She came out of her bathroom to find her room in order and clean.

“The elves came early.”

She slipped on a pair of shoes and walked downstairs for some breakfast. She reached the dining room to find James leaned over, rubbing his temples furiously. Mrs. Potter had her head in her hands. And Mr. Potter was leaning over the fireplace.

Something happened, I know it, she said to herself.

She shifted uncomfortably for a minute, James hearing her, jumped up. He looked tired, bags hung under his eyes. There were worry lines etched plainly on his face. And his smile wasn’t on; instead he wore a frown of despair and resentment.

“I am sorry. Am I interrupting, or did I miss something?” Lily asked sympathetically.

James’ eyes misted slightly. “Lily, there’s been another…there’s been another attack.”

Lily couldn’t understand why this was such a big deal. Attacks happened almost every day. Why would this one be such a disaster?

“Any casualties?” she asked.

Lily! That was stupid! She scolded herself.

James nodded his head silently. “James, do you want me to say it?” Mrs. Potter asked; her head freed from her hands.

James shook his head again and turned towards his mum. “No, mum, I will do it. It “ it will be easier.”

Lily looked to each one of the Potter’s, clearly missing something. Why were they acting so weird?

“Lily, there were two killings earlier this morning.”

“Ok.”

“The Dark Mark was left above the house.”

“Ok,” Lily repeated.

“The attack took place in Little Whinging.”

“It couldn’t of…my-my parents…”

“Lily, your parents were the one’s attacked. The Dark Mark was left. I am so sorry,” James said.

Lily felt a sickening sensation. No! Not her parents.

“My parents…” was all she could say.

Lily felt as if her heart had been ripped out. A force hit her in the stomach so hard. She ached all over, her whole body seared with pain of sadness.

“No. No-not my parents…no…no…they got it all wrong…”

“Lily, I am really sorry,” James said walking towards her.

Lily backed away slowly. “You are lying…”

“Lily…”

Lily continued to trace her steps backwards, from which she came.

Tears rolled down her cheeks furiously. She continued to go backwards, hoping to escape. Escape what she had just been told. But she didn’t get far, before she could exit the dining room her world turned black, black from hatred, sadness, depression, and a sense of loss.

Sirius finally coming down caught Lily as she fainted. He looked at James, who gave him a warning and took Lily from his arms. He noticed how light she was. As he walked her slowly to her room he looked at her. Her fiery red hair cascaded over her shoulders and over his arms. Her skin was paler than usual, from the news she had just heard, and her body was limp.

James opened Lily’s door and set her down on the neatly made bed. Her hair fanned out under her and her body relaxed in the bed. James heard creaking and turned to meet his mother’s sad gaze, his fathers etched face, and Sirius’ confused stricken face.

“Let me help her, James. Go explain to Sirius, let Lily rest,” Mrs. Potter said slowly and kindly.

All James could do was nod silently, afraid that his voice would crack if he said anything else.

He walked slowly out of the room, Sirius tracing behind him. When they reached James’ room, James sank into the chair in his room and covered his face in his hands.

“James, what happened down there?”

James rubbed his face in slow motion. “Lily fainted.”

“Well, that part I know, I caught her.”

“Good catch.”

“Why DID she faint, though?”

“There was an attack this morning.”

“It wasn’t…it wasn’t…it wasn’t her family was it?”

“Yes. Both of her parents are dead. Her sister is still alive.”

“Oh my, Merlin…”

“Both of her parents are dead.”

“The Dark Mark left?”

James nodded his head. “Her parents are dead.”

“I know.”

“Her parents are dead.”

“James! Get a hold of yourself!”

“Sirius! Her parents are dead! She HAS no one else!”

“Aunts, Uncles?”

“Her parents don’t have siblings.”

“Grandparents?”

“Deceased.”

“Cousins?”

“None.”

“Sisters, brothers?”

“She has a sister. But she’s married, and despises Lily.”

“Aw, man.”

“I know.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“Believe it, Sirius. I can’t believe this!”

“I just said that.”

James ignored his witty comment. “It’s that filth that’s running around! That crazed old lunatic! He thinks he can just run around and play Hide and Kill. He can’t! Innocent people are dying because of his foolish games! You don’t become head wizard from killing people! That’s not what you do! It’s not right, not right at all! The bloody bastard! I hate him!” James raged, kicked the chair next to him.

Sirius nodded, accepting his friend’s rage and rant.

“I’m sorry, James.”

“Don’t be sorry for me, be sorry for Lily.”





Lily came back. A tear rolled down her cheek, from the memory of the past year.

“James…no…not that memory…”

Determined to forget it, she picked up the lily next to her…and sniffed it.




Lily awoke suddenly. Her face was wet and hair was sticking to the wetness. Her head was foggy. The moonlight glistened outside. Suddenly tears formed in her eyes. The memory of that day came into effect.

She rolled onto her stomach and sobbed into the pillow. She heard movement in her room. She quieted, thinking it was a house elf. But she felt the bed descend.

“Lily?”

Lily rolled over to find James looking at her. In only shorts and a muscle shirt and his body glowing in the moonlight, she smiled weakly.

“James, what are you doing in here?”

“I came to see you. You have been out for two days now. You’ve worried me.”

Lily felt a tear roll down her cheek. “James, I can’t do this. I can’t live without my parents. They were my own family.”

James moved closer to her, and Lily noticed the bags under his eyes were heavy and his face was chiseled with tiredness, exhaustion, and worry.

“I know, I am so sorry.”

Lily tried to sit up, but her body wouldn’t function. “It’s not fair.”

“I know. I know it isn’t. But I will be here for you.”

“James…”

James moved closer to her. “I will help you with whatever you need.”

Lily frowned. “Right now I want someone who loves me.”

“I can be that person. I love you, Lily Evans.”

“James, I love you too.”

“Come here…”

He slowly enveloped her in a strong hug.

“James, stay with me?”

He smiled weakly and slowly got in bed with her and wrapped his strong arms around her.

“Whatever happens, Lily, I will not let anyone touch or harm you in any way, shape, or form.”

Lily closed her eyes and let the tears fall freely from her eyes and nestled herself into James’ arms and fell asleep, protected by a man’s soft passion.




Author’s Note ~ The chapter keeps getting deleted for no reason! I am getting quite frustrated! So hopefully it worked! Also the log-in problem is really annoying me! So…hopefully this glitch thing is getting out of hand…so, I hope this works! Review please guys and gals!