Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2 ~ The Memories Continue


Lily came back to the Heads Dorm. She smiled to herself.

“Oh James, how you were such a prick!” Lily said to herself aloud.

She picked up another lily, catching on, and sniffed it. She felt the familiar jerk and she went tumbling into another memory, this one more private than the others.




“Oh come on Lily! Admit it! You know you like him!” Lily’s friend Lynn said to her.

“No, I do not,” Lily, said in protest.

“Yes you do. The way you looked at him last night at the ball! And you even went with him! Come on! You do like him,” Beth said to Lily.

“First off, Dumbledore made the Heads go together. And second off, we didn’t come to the library to talk, we came to study for the test that you three didn’t understand,” Lily said pointing at the two.

“Well, that was a lie,” Casanova said coming from behind a stack of shelves with a book in her hands.

“You guys! That’s unfair! Come on, I don’t like Potter; he’s such a prick. I mean he’s been with every girl in the school already, I am just the one he hasn’t been with yet.”

“Uh no. He hasn’t been with us three, and no he wouldn’t dare go out with a Slytherin and he hasn’t been with every girl,” Lynn said opening a chocolate frog.

“Yeah, Lynn’s right, he hasn’t been with any of us or a Slytherin,” Beth said breaking off a frog leg from Lynn’s chocolate frog.

“Oh yeah like you and Slytherins count,” Lily said rolling her eyes.

“Uh, well yeah! What are you saying we’re not important?” Beth said.

“No, but oh I don’t know what I want to say, but I do not like him! Don’t bug me about this! I don’t fancy James Potter and that’s final!”

“Say whatever you want, Lily dear, but you do,” Casanova said with a smirk.

“Nova, don’t start. We all know that you fancy Sirius Black,” Lily said desperately trying to change the subject.

“Yes, I do. And don’t change the subject, Lily. You know you do that when you don’t want to talk about something,” Casanova said keeping her smirk.

“Ok, if you all are going to be like this I am out of here,” Lily said closing the book and stepping out of the library.




Lily returned to the Heads Dorm and smiled.

“James Potter, I will personally set that cloak on fire for spying on me!” Lily said to herself aloud.

She walked over to another lily and picked it up. She looked at it. The veins running throughout the petals seeming as if they would never end and just keep on going.

“Almost like out our relationship. It will never end,” Lily said to herself.

She sniffed the lily to her nose and sniffed deeply and smelling the sweet pollen scent and went tumbling into yet another memory.




“I had fun tonight, Potter.”

“So did I. How about first-name basis?”

“No, just because we went to the ball tonight doesn’t mean anything. It was Dumbledore’s idea remember?” Lily asked looking up into the stars.

“Well, I thought maybe you would like to go to Hogsmeade with me next weekend.”

“You’re not asking you’re suggesting? I am surprised, Potter,” Lily said raising her eyebrow.

“Why are you surprised?”

“Because you have always been an insufferable prick and asked me about everyday last year, and the year before that, and the year before that…”

“Yes, well…I guess you could say that I have matured over the summer.”

“Well they do say that girls are two years ahead of maturity than boys.”

“Well if you want to look at it that way than ok. And you think I am a prick?”

“Who doesn’t?”

“Ouch, should I be offended?”

“I don’t know should you? And why are coming after me anyway, Potter? There are tons of girls inside the school begging to be with you.”

“I don’t know. You attract me I guess you could say.”

“Well we are totally different from each other.”

“Opposites attract.”

Lily sat silenced looking up into the stars. “Why did you ask me to come out here?”

“To see if you wanted to come to Hogsmeade with me. Which you still haven’t answered by the way.”

“I will think about it. You know, Potter,” Lily said turning to face him, “I missed you this summer.”

With that she walked into the school and up into the Heads dorm and up to her room.




Lily sat down on the little bit of couch that was left and cried.

“You know, James, you are to cute to handle,” Lily said to herself. She picked up another lily and smelled it gingerly and let her body envelope in another memory.




“James, do you have the plans for the Valentines Dance?” Lily asked from across the Heads living area.

“Uh, yeah here,” James said handing the papers to Lily.

“Thanks.”

Lily looked through them and than looked up, “What?”

James shook his head. “Nothing, you’re just so pretty.”

Lily blushed. “James,” she said warningly.

“What?”

“Come on I have work and I am sure you do too. Not today.”

“Lily! That is not what I was thinking!”

“Well, than whatever. I have work to do so no disruptions, you hear, dear?”

“Alright, alright love.”

“Thank you.”

Lily looked down at the papers and set to work going through food lists and decorations lists. She felt the couch descend on the other side of her and she knew that James had sat beside her.

She looked up to see James directly besides her. “James! No we cannot snog right now! I have work, and I am sure you do to. And if you don’t I will give you some!”

“Don’t bite my head off,” he said with a smirk settling on his face.

“ Wipe that smile off your face. You are irritating me, don’t make me go away.”

“Ok, ok. I will leave you alone. But have you forgotten the date?”

“No, it is February 7th.”

“And what is today?”

“James, I am not in the mood. It is six a.m. and Dumbledore wants these plans by breakfast.”

“Lily Evans! I am ashamed of you to forget your own birthday!” James said standing up.

“Oh my Merlin! It is my birthday! How could I forget?”

“Well I surely didn’t.”

“I know you would never forget my birthday. You have been sending me something every year since first year!” Lily said teasing him.

James grabbed her hand and pulled her into a tight embrace looking into her eyes.

“Did you ever know that your eyes are gorgeous?”

“Well I never thought about it.”

“And your hair is as soft as velvet?”

“Once again, I never thought about it.”

“And that your hair is as red as your temper?”

Lily smacked him, “James Potter!”

“See…”

“Oh James, don’t be a dolt and ruin the mood.”

“And what mood would that be?”

“Romance. Happiness. Joy.” Lily said checking them off her fingers.

“Oh, so there is romance is there?”

“Yes, now shut up and give me my present.”

“How about a kiss first?”

“Ok than.” She leaned in and kissed James passionately. He met her and returned the passion. She broke apart and breathed heavily. She smiled and he smiled back and without warning kissed her again. Her knees went weak and he was the only thing holding her up for support. When there tongues touched her body shivered with feelings she had never felt and she went cold. He kissed her long and hard and than broke off. He held her up still and smiled again.

“You know you still haven’t gotten you present,” James said with a sly smile.

“You didn’t have to get me anything.” She was still cold and weak from the kiss.

“Well it’s a little late for that now isn’t it?” he asked her extracting a long slender wrapped package. She took it into her hands and broke the seal.

“Oh, James!” she gasped.

“You like it?”

“More than anything!” she said holding up the locket. It was silver and had a lily filled with diamonds and her name engraved in it.

“Turn around and let me put it on.”




Lily came back to the present. Her hand found it’s way to her neck, where her hand found the locket he had given her that year.





Author's Note ~ Hey! I hope you are enjoying the story! It is completed on my computer. There's 10 chapters all together! Also, check out my other story, The Beginning, The middle, The End

Review please! Tell me your thoughts!