Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
303 Lilies and 1 White Rose

Chapter 3 ~ Undying Love...






“Come on, Lily!” Casanova said excitedly.

“Ok, ok hold on!” Lily said primping in front of the mirror.

“We are going to miss the first Quidditch game if you don’t hurry up! What are you doing anyway?” Lynn said.

Lily had brought her three best friends into the Head’s Dorm’s. But only so that they could tell her if she looked alright. She wore her Gryffindor robes, tights, and shoes. But had been doing her hair and make-up for the past twenty minutes.

“Come on, Liiilllyyy!” Beth said dragging the syllables.

“Ok, ok I am done.”

She took a final glance and than came out of the bathroom, and into her room. She grabbed her cloak and Gryffindor flag. She fastened on her Head badge and walked out and down the steps into the living area.

“Wow, you look great!” Lynn said, looking Lily over.

“Thanks!”

“Now can we go?” Casanova asked eagerly.

“Nova, just because Sirius is Beater, doesn’t mean that we have to rush down to the Quidditch Pitch,” Beth said.

“And you were calling me?” Lily asked, smiling.

Beth blushed, “You were in there forever though! Cass didn’t even take that long!”

“Ok, well we are all ready so let’s go now and not fight!” Lynn said.

The four friends walked out into the crisp November morning and strolled down towards the Quidditch Pitch. Students were already assembling in the stands and the four friends found front row seats and sat comfortably.

“Who do you think will win? Gryffindor or Slytherin?” Beth asked.

“Beth, must you be a blonde all the time? Of course Gryffindor!” Casanova said, rolling her eyes.

Beth ran a hand through her blonde locks, “Don’t start, Nova! I was just asking for everyone’s opinion. I guess we already know yours.”

“Gryffindor.”

“Gryffindor.”

Beth seemed pleased and looked out into the empty pitch.

“Anyone have the time?” Lily asked, eager for the game to start.

“The game starts in…about a minute,” Lynn said, pulling her cloak back over her wrist.

“Welcome to the first game of the season! Gryffindor versus Slytherin!” the commentator’s voice rang through the crowd. Applause from everywhere in the stands erupted.

“Finally!” Casanova said.

“Now for the Slytherin team! Chasers: Bark, Flint, and Groy! The Beater’s: Herald and Frey! The Keeper AND Captain of the Slytherin team…Malfoy! The Seeker: Brush!” Applause from the Slytherin side erupted, while boo’s were heard from around the stands.

“Ugh! Malfoy made new Captain! I could barf!” Lynn said disgusted.

“Now for the Gryffindor team! Chasers: Hooch, Buckner, and Rose! The Beater’s: McCarey and Black! The Keeper: McCray! And the Seeker AND Captain of the Gryffindor team: POTTER!!!”

The applause was so loud that you couldn’t hear the person next to you.

“Go Sirius!” Casanova yelled.

“Oh pipe down, Nova!” Beth teased.

Casanova shot Beth a rude look and looked back to the game.

“AND THE GAME BEGINS! IT’S BARK WITH THE QUAFFLE AND HE PASSES IT TO FLINT! AND…ROSE STEALS THE QUAFFLE FROM FLINT! SHE’S HEADING DOWN TOWARDS THE SLYTHERIN SIDE. SHE PASSES TO BUCKNER AND BUCKNER HEADS TOWARDS THE LEFT RING AND…SHE SCORES IN THE CENTER RING!!!! THAT’S TEN TO NIL GRYFFINDOR!”

Erupts of cheers erupted from the stands, “Go, go Gryffindor!”

Buckner made a lap of glory around the stands.

“AND IT’S GRYFFINDOR WITH POSSESSION OF THE QUAFFLE. SLYTHERIN CHASER GROY HAS THE QUAFFLE! BUT BUCKNER STEALS IT AGAIN! SHE PASSES TO ROSE. THEY ARE HEADING TOWARDS THE SLYTHERIN’S RING! IS MALFOY READY FOR HER! BUCKNER HAS BEEN HOGWART’S BEST CHASER! AND ROSE PASSES TO BUCKNER AND…SHE SCORES! THAT’S TWENTY TO NIL GRYFFIN “ BUT WAIT! BRUSH AND POTTER SEEMS TO HAVE SEEN THE SNITCH AND THEY ARE…AND IT’S CLOSE! AND…POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! POTTER HAS GOTTEN IT! GRYFFINDOR WINS! 170 TO NIL!”

Cheers came from all three sides of the pitch, except from the Slytherin side. They seemed to pout and file from their stands, while Gryffindor students went out to the pitch.

James caught Lily’s hair gleam and walked towards it. He caught sight of her and ran towards her. He lifted her up by her waist and her spun her around. She squealed.

“James, let me down!” she squealed.

“Tell me congratulations!”

“Never!”

“I caught the Snitch!”

“Oh, you caught the fast speeding Snitch!”

“Yes, I did!”

“So you want me to say the ‘C’ word?”

“Yes…”

“How about a kiss instead?”

“A kiss?”

“Yes.”

“But you never kiss me.”

“Do you want to spoil the moment, James?”

“Ok, kiss me…wait then how about I kiss you?”

“No, you caught the Snitch!”

“Oh well.”

Without warning James pulled her into a tight kiss. He pressed her tight against his chest and kissed her deeply and long. Lily felt her knees go weak…her breath become short and rapid. He released the kiss and stared into her dark piercing emerald eyes. They were bright and they sparkled.

“Lily, we have been dating since September and I have found out something.”

“What’s that, James?” Lily asked, short of breath.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, James Potter.”




Lily was pulled back to the Head’s Dorm.

“You remembered all of this, James Potter?” Lily asked herself. She looked around the room. She put the fifth lily into the vase and rearranged them so that they were perfect. She walked under the chandelier and waved her wand. A lily came down and she sniffed and was being rolled into another memory…



Author's Note ~ I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It isn't my favorite but...it's cute. Review please! Thanks!

Read! Review! Enjoy!