Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 04 ~ Memories Unforgotten





“And what do we have here?” came young James Potter’s voice.

“And you would be…” Lily Evans shot back.

James stuck out his hand. “James Potter.”

Lily stared at the hand. “I am Lily Evans.”

“You are very pretty.”

“Excuse me?”

“You are very pretty.”

“First off, that was a rhetorical question, and you must be a dolt not to know that! Now get out!”

“Well, we just wanted to greet you four.”

“We?”

“My friends and I.”

Lily looked around James to see three other’s smirking at her. “And they would be?” she asked, folding her arms across her chest.

“This is Peter, Remus, and Sirius.”

“Nice to meet you,” Casanova piped up.

Lily shot her a warning look. “Fine, this is Casanova, Lynn, and Beth. Now if you don’t mind, would you please get out!”

“But I came looking for something.”

“And what is that?” Lily asked rudely.

“You and your love.”

Lily stood up and punched him straight in the stomach. “Get out now! Or else I will hit you somewhere where you wish not to be kicked!”

James groaned, but looked up and grinned. “Feisty! I like that.”

Lily kicked him, hard. “And I hope that you now can’t have children, you dolt!”




Lily came back.

“Oh, you better be able to still have children, my love,” Lily said to herself. She laughed softly and set the lily in the vase with the other five.

She picked up another one…and went into another memory.




“Oh, Lily!” James sang.

Lily groaned. “What do you want, Potter?”

“Oh, I just though that maybe since we are finally allowed to go to Hogsmeade, that you would like to go with me.”

“No.”

“But why?”

“Because you are a pompous wanker.”

“So?”

“I said no, Potter!”

“I am not a pompous wanker.”

“To me you are!”

“Come on, just one date.”

Lily whipped around and slapped him. “That’s for not leaving me alone,” she slapped him twice again. “That’s for asking me twice!” she slapped him a last time. “AND THAT’S FOR BEING HERE!”

James just gazed at her, red handprints across his face. Lily grabbed her books and walked off huffily.




“Trying to say something to me, James?” Lily asked the room. She stuck the lily with the others and picked up and another sniffed in its sweet smell.




“HEY, EVANS!” James yelled across the lawn of the school.

“No, Potter!” Lily yelled back. She started to gather her belongings as quickly as she could.

She was too late, James caught up with her quickly. “Hey, what’s up?”

“Go away, Potter. I am not in the mood.”

“I just wanted to talk.”

“Talk, but I can’t promise that I will listen.”

“Aw, come on. I am not that bad!”

“You are pig-headed, a prick, and rude!”

“Well in your terms maybe.”

“Well my terms matter, because it is I who chooses whether or not to listen or go out with you!” Lily said walking into the castle.

“So, you do want to go out with me?” James asked, intrigued.

“No! I never said that! I said it is I who makes that decision!”

“And have you come up with that decision?”

“What decision, Potter?”

“To go out with me or not.”

Lily stopped. “James Potter, I will never ever go out with you! You are egotistical! So save your breath, Potter, because I will never go out on a date with you!”

“Well than since you won’t go out with me, will you marry me?”

Lily slapped him and than walked into the Girl’s Bathroom.



“I guess that I lied than, didn’t I?” Lily asked herself. She placed the lily in the vase. She walked around the room. She saw a lily sitting besides her school bag. She picked it up and sniffed in lightly and felt the usual movement.




“You know, Lily, you are so sweet,” James Potter said to Lily.

“Well, I’m going to take that as a compliment.”

“You should. You know that you are so nice, and have the worst temper.”

“Now, you better say something sweet before I slap you.”

“Your pretty.”

“Tsk tsk, that’s not good enough.”

“How about you have the most prettiest blue eyes ever!”

“They're green, James! I am giving you one last time!”

James laughed softly. “I know, I know. You have emerald eyes that make me want to stare into them all day long. But I can make up for everything.”

He grabbed her hand and twirled her in a circle. He brought her closely to his chest, and started to dance slowly. He stared into her eyes. They sparkled like no one would ever imagined. They showed something that James had never seen before…love. She had a dazzling smile on that illuminated the room.

He stopped and looked into her eyes. “Lily, this has been the best Christmas, ever.”

“Thanks for inviting me. I had a good time.”

“I’m glad you did. Did you like my parents?”

“They’re wonderful.”

James started to dance again. “You know we could come back for Easter.”

“But we don’t come home for Easter.”

“Well, Dumbledore said that maybe we should let the students go home. You know, because of the war and all.”

“So, are you inviting me over to your house, again?”

“Yes.”

“Well, than I gladly accept.”

“I love you, Lily Evans.”

“I love you, James Potter.”

James pulled her closely and kissed her. Lily felt the usual weakness in her knees again. He knew exactly how to kiss her, and what made her smile and what sent her hormones flying.





“Oh, James, is that how you feel about me, then?” Lily asked the room and felt soft tears flowing down.




Author's Note ~ Lily is a bit physical now isn't she? Haha, but I love making up the memories. They are great fun!

Ok, not much to say...the chapters do get better, and funner. Haha, ok please review! Let me know how I am doing! (Also if you type in chat speak, can you please make it so I can read it. Thanks!)