Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
303 Lilies and 1 White Rose

Chapter 05 ~ Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words


Lily swiped her tears away. “Oh, how you were so rude,” Lily said chuckling, “and yet romantic.”

She picked up another lily and inhaled the scent and twirling away to another memory.




“Smile, Lils!” James said excitedly.

“No, James! You know that I hate getting my picture taken!” Lily said gaily.

“Oh, come on! I want a picture of us two in my room.”

“You can see me all day.”

“Aw, now that’s cute, but maybe I want SOME memories!”

Lily laughed, “Oh, James, I hate getting my picture taken.”

“Come on, just this once?”

“James, you must have tons of pictures of me!”

“Oh I do! But I want another one! You look cute today!”

“James, I am wearing the same thing that I wear everyday. Gryffindor robes, tights, black shoes, etc.”

“I know, but your hair’s curly today.”

“My hair is always curly!”

“Well, than…”

“James!” she squealed as James pulled her into a bear hug and the camera went off.

“Now that wasn’t so bad, now was it?”

“James!” she laughed. He walked over to the camera and extracted the photo.

“Now this is a picture!” he exclaimed.

“Let me see!”

“Why? You didn’t want it taken in the first place.”

“James!” Lily said jumping for the picture.

“Ah, the joys of being taller.”

Lily punched him in his arm. “Love, you should know by now that years of Quidditch has gained me muscles.”

“Oh, James! Don’t start with that.”

James grinned, “Here, you can see it.”

Lily smiled and took the photo from him. “I look horrible!”

“No you don’t!” James said taking the photo and looking at it. James had Lily in a hug him in back her in the front. Both of them laughing and smiling. Lily’s eyes sparkling and her hands on his arms, and laughing. James smiled, “It’s perfect.”




Lily came tumbling back.

“Oh, how you love to torment me!” she spoke aloud. She picked up another lily and sniffed its heavenly scent.




“Come on, Lily!” James said, as they headed down to Diagon
Ally.

“Where are we going, James?” she asked, trying to follow behind him.

“To the Jewelry store.”

“But why?”

“Just come one!” he said running back and grabbing her hand.

“James Potter, where are we going?” she exclaimed as he held her hand.

“I just told you, Lils!” he said as they walked into the Jewelry store.

“James, what in the world are we doing here?”

“Well, the locket I gave you for your birthday needs a photo. So, they specialize in them here.”

“James, I’ll kill you! We could of just used one of ours and minimized it with a simple charm!”

“I know, but they have a specific background I want.”

“You already came here and picked out our background?” Lily asked.

“Uh huh. So, come on!” he said grabbing her hand and leading her to the back of the store.

“James, I hate getting my picture taken though!”

“I know.”

“Oh, James!”

“Can I help you?” came the salesman’s voice.

“I was here earlier. We came to get our picture taken,” James said to the salesman.

“Ah, now I remember, Mr. Potter. Well, than follow me.”

They followed the salesman through a door. They walked into what seemed like was outside.

“Where are we?” Lily asked.

James smiled, “You like it?”

They had entered into a park with a cement pitch that went down with steps. It was fall, although outside it was the end of winter, and leaves were falling.

“James, it’s gorgeous!”

“Well, you love fall.”

“I do, I love fall!”

“Now, if you two want to pose, or do whatever you wish, than I will take your picture,” the salesman interrupted.

James grabbed Lily’s hand and brought her down into the cement pitch. She twirled and laughed and flashes went off.




“That was the best picture I think we ever took,” Lily said. She brought her hand to her neck and lifted the locket. She spoke a few words and the locket opened. Inside were her and James spinning, twirling, and laughing in the fall wonderland. Not having a care in the world. James suddenly came up behind her and picked her and twirled her, with her looking into his piercing brown eyes and him staring into the violent emerald green one’s staring back. He smiled lovingly and she smiled lovingly back. He twirled her a few times and than set her back down, but put his arms around her waist, and rested his chin on her shoulder. She put her hand on his tousled hair and brought her lips to his mouth.

Tears of happiness and love fell from her eyes. “Oh now, why am I crying?” she asked herself. She continued to stare at the photo, of them kissing, “Oh, James, how I love you so much.”

She picked up another lily and set the other one in the vase, and feeling nostalgic from not smelling one, she smelled the lily and went helplessly into another memory.




Author’s Note ~ I hope you enjoyed it. Not my favorite, but oh well. The next one of my favorites though!! Review please!