Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 06 ~ And I Have Said, No!





“Oi, Evans!” came Sirius’ voice.

“What do you want, Black?”

“To see what you are doing this weekend.”

Lily stopped and turned around. She faced Sirius and asked, “Excuse me?”

“What are you doing this weekend?”

“Black! Don’t you start too! No, I will not go out with you!”

“Bloody hell no! Asking for ol’ Prongsy.”

“Prongsy?” Lily asked.

“Yeah Prongs, that’s James.”

“No! No! No! I have said it over a hundred times!”

“Actually,” Sirius said, taking out a little black notepad. “This is the, including those three no’s, the five hundred and fifth time.”

“Well, than, you tell Prongs, to stop asking! And to not get his ‘sidekicks’ to ask for him!” Lily said rather rudely.

Sirius put a hand to his heart. “I am hurt, we are more than sidekicks, my dear, we are best friends.”

“I don’t care!”

“And I wouldn’t go out with you. I am going out with dear Nova.”

Lily hid a smile. “Good for you.”

“Why, thank you. Now, will you double with me and Nova?”

“NO!”

“Aw, come on! Jamesy isn’t that bad!”

“He’s a prat, no thank you!”

James came strolling out of the Great Hall with Remus and Peter, talking animatedly.

“JAMES POTTER!” shrieked Lily.

“Yes?” James asked questionably, than looked at Sirius with the notebook in his hand. James walked up to him and smacked him in the back of his head. “You dolt! What did you do?”

“He! He “ he “ he just asked me to go out with you! Would you mind getting your ‘sidekicks’ to stop asking me!”

“Best friends, not sidekicks!” Sirius corrected aggravated.

“Whatever! If you such a prick that you need you ‘best friends’ to ask for you, than your not worth it at all!”

James smacked Sirius again. “You dolt! I’m sorry, Lils.”

“Don’t. Call. Me. That!” Lily said through gritted teeth.

James through his hands up in defense. “Ok, ok don’t bite my head off!”

“Don’t waste your breath, or your ‘best friends’’ to ask me out. You prick! Stop asking me! It’s never going to happen!” she yelled and before James could open his mouth she began again, “And don’t! Don’t even think about asking me to marry you! That’s never going to happen either! You understand?”

“Uh…”

Lily walked up to him and pointed a finger at him. “And don’t forget, Potter, that I am now a prefect. I will make you write lines, or put you in detention on days that you have Quidditch practice! And I will do it, I swear I will!”

“Ok, ok…chill. I will not ask you out again. It’s not like I have asked you a hundred times or anything.”

“Actually…it’s the five hundred and sixth time, my dear, Lily.”

“Thanks for the reimbursement, Sirius,” James said, shooting Sirius a look.

Lily turned towards Sirius and smacked him. “Never call me dear!” she turned towards James and smacked him. “And never ever ask me out OR get your ‘best friends’ to do the work!”

With that she stalked off and into the back of the library.




“Oh, James. I am surprised that you even wanted to go out with me. I must have smacked you hundreds of times!” Lily said, laughing to herself.

She went over to the table and picked up the largest lily and sniffed the scent, and went enveloped into the memory.




“Hey, Evans!”

“And you would like what, Potter?” Lily asked without even looking up from her book.

James pulled out the chair to the libraries table and sat. Lily looked up and raised an eyebrow and went back to her book.

“You are annoying me, Potter.”

“I haven’t even started to talk yet!”

“Exactly my point.”

“Guess what?”

“If this is one of your little pranks or jokes, I don’t want to hear it.”

“No, it is not.”

“Hurry, I am reading.”

“Your reading? Why?”

“Because…I enjoy reading. Problem with that?”

“No, just…that’s a big book.”

“It’s for light reading,” Lily said looking up. “Now, what do you want before I stalk off to the girl’s room. Just to get away from you.”

“Ok, ok…guess what just happened?”

“I don’t know. It’s you we are talking about, so it could be a numerous amount of things.”

James raised an eyebrow. “Cute.”

“Are you procrastinating this on purpose, just to talk to me?”

“Procrast- what?”

“Procrastinating, Potter. Are you putting off the subject on purpose just to talk to me?”

“Oh, no. Just ok, guess what! I made the Quidditch team!”

“Great just another thing for you to gloat about and to make your ego even bigger.”

“No. I made it because I am a good player. I am the Seeker.”

“Great, now if you don’t mind, I would like to get back to my reading.”

“Will you be at the first game?”

“No.”

“And why not?”

“Because, I know that you are probably going to pull something on me.”

James smirked heavily. “I wouldn’t dare.”

“That’s it! You have used up all of my patients!” Lily said, and slammed her book shut and walked out and to the Gryffindor Girls’ Dormitory.




“Oh, James. And yet you DO gloat about your Quidditch skills!” Lily said, and set the lily in the vase.

She grabbed a rather smaller one and sniffed the familiar scent and went into another memory of the two of them, in there years of Hogwarts.



Author’s Note ~ Oh, this is one of my favorites! I hope you enjoyed it!

Please review! I am getting no reviews! Each chapter has been read by more than 1000 people, yet I am getting no reviews! Please tell me how I am doing? Review!

Read my other stories: And To Ashes You Shall Return (One-Shot), The Beginning, The Middle, The End, and He May Be Famous, But I Love Him(One-Shot).