Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 07 ~ I Love That James Potter


“Hey, Lily, come on, we are headed to the library,” came the voice of Casanova.

“And why are we going to the library?” Lily asked, spooning some pudding on her plate.

“Just because…” Lynn said.

“Because…you want to hear about my date with James on Friday now don’t you?” Lily asked, eyeing each of her friends.

“No!” Beth said.

“Did I hear my name?” James asked, sitting down next to Lily.

“No,” Casanova said rather quickly.

“No, we are just heading down to the library that’s all,” Lily said.

James raised an eyebrow. “It’s Saturday.”

“I, we, know! Lily just promised to help us with something. Some schoolwork,” Lynn said, turning pink.

“Oh, ok. Have fun than,” James said, cutting his Shepard’s pie.

“I’ll see you later,” Lily said kissing him on the cheek.

James smiled up at her. “I am looking forward to it.”

Lily smiled, and James winked at her.

They set off down towards the library and moved all the way to their space in the back of the library. It was a nook all the way in the back, that they had made all their own. It had a table, and was completely cut off from the rest of the library. They kept a stash of candy there and hung out talked whenever they wished.

“So, Lils, tell us about Friday night,” Casanova said, maneuvering the stone and grabbing a hand full of chocolate frogs.

Lily blushed slightly and opened the chocolate frog that Casanova handed her. “Well, James and I went out and walked the grounds.”

Lynn smiled slyly and than said, “There’s more to it than that, I know it.”

“Yes…”

“Come on, Lily, tell us. We swear we won’t tell anyone,” Beth said.

Lily raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, like our first date wasn’t passed around school.”

“Well…that WAS news,” Casanova said embarrassed.

Lynn shot Casanova a glare. “We swear we won’t tell anyone.”

The other girls nodded their heads in agreement.

Lily finished chewing the piece of chocolate in her mouth. “Well, James and I had dinner out by the lake. We watched the sun set. Than, him and I went for a walk, the moon was out and it shone brightly,” Lily said, staring out the window at the full bright moon.

“Earth to Lily!” Casanova said irritably.

“Oh sorry, zoned out for a minute,” Lily said blushing slightly.

“We noticed, now continue!” Beth said impatiently.

“Ok, ok, keep your robes on!” Lily exclaimed. “Well, we walked hand in hand. And than he took me for a ride on his broomstick, we went over the forbidden forest and everything. Hogwarts looks gorgeous and magical from high above, believe me.

“Than we landed and sat down on the shore, and…he kissed me,” Lily said simply, absorbed in the moment.

“He kissed you!” Lynn gushed.

Lily nodded her head.

“Oh wow! How was it?” Beth asked.

“It was…you know what? I enjoyed it. It was…I don’t know how to explain it! It was passionate and…it is just something that you cannot explain,” Lily said looking at each of her friends.

“Passionate? Since when have you become the love-sick puppy?” Casanova asked, with a devilish glint I her eyes.

“Nova! It was not like that! It was more…respectable.”

“Respectable? Lily, you are not giving us everything! Spill it!” Lynn said.

“I am too telling the truth!” Lily defended.

“Lily, you are not a good liar,” Casanova said.

“Ok, ok…well, the kiss made my knees go weak. When his tongue touched mine, it sent…cold but warm shivers go down my back, and went throughout my body, and when he held me, I “ it…just felt right.”

Shrieks erupted from the girls.

“Oh, Lily, your in love!” Lynn shrieked.

“Yes, Lily dear, you are slowly falling in love with James Potter,” Casanova said.

“Yes…I am…I am in love with James Potter.”

* Later that night with James *

“Hello, James,” Lily said in the Heads Dorm that night.

“Hello, love,” James said, and kissed her gently on the cheek.

James started to walk towards the portrait hole with his schoolbag swung over his shoulder. Lily put her hand to her cheek where she had kissed him and smiled. She followed James out of the castle ad onto the grounds.

The moon was full and bright and sparkled. It lit up the Earth, and the stars around it looked liked diamonds had been set in place by God.

“You excited about tonight?” James asked her.

“That depends, what do you have planned?” Lily asked, looking into his gorgeous hazel eyes.

“Well, walking the grounds…”

“And…”

“I don’t know. Let’s just see what comes ahead in the path,” James said, giving her a rewarding smile.

Lily blushed, “Ok.”

“But…there may be some commotion.”

“Commotion? How so?”

“Well…let’s go sit under the tree and talk.”

Lily’s smiled faded slightly and followed him to the tree.

James caught Lily’s frown and lifted her chin. “I am not going to dump you…don’t worry.”

Lily nodded, “Ok.”

James sat down, with Lily leaning against his chest. She could hear the steady and slow heartbeat, thump through his chest.

“What did you want to talk about?”

“Well…” James said, and continued with a story. How he and the marauders had met, how they had become Animagus’ together, and how Remus was a werewolf.

Lily shot up, “James! It’s a full moon! Are you crazy? Taking me out on a full moon?” Lily exclaimed.

“Lily, don’t worry. I have back up.”

Lily nodded her head reassuringly, “Ok.”

She leaned back into James. “So you love me, eh?” James asked.

Lily turned around and punched him, “You dolt! You were in the library today weren’t you? With that invisibility cloak of yours!”

James laughed heartily. “Oh, Lils…”