Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

303 Lilies and 1 White Rose by CassandraTrelawney

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 09 ~ A Marauder For A Lady


“Oh, James, you have the best family...if you ever met mine than you would dump me in a heartbeat,” Lily said to her surrounding walls.

She put the lily with the others that had accumulated in the vase and picked up another one and sniffed it.




Lily looked down at her watch. The Head Boy was already ten minutes late. Lily Evans was in the Head’s Compartment and had made up the passwords and was starting on the rounds that the Prefects would have to do twice a week.

“Hello, Evans,” came a familiar voice from the door.

“This compartment is for only the Head Boy and Girl, Potter,” Lily said without even looking up.

“But I am the new Head Boy,” James said, sitting besides Lily.

Lily looked up. “No your not! Dumbledore would be insane to make you the Head Boy. Now go give it back to Remus, whom it rightly belongs too!”

“Uh, I made Head Boy not Moony.”

Lily didn’t even notice the different name. “Dumbledore is not off his rocker! He would never make a dolt like you Head Boy!” Lily fumed.

“Did I hear my name?” Dumbledore asked, striding into the Head’s Compartment.

“Sorry, Sir. But did you really make Potter Head Boy?” Lily asked, begging for him to say no.

“Why yes, I did. James has shown great bravery and intelligence in his years here.”

“But he is discipline record?” Lily asked.

“Mind you, Ms. Evans, that has nothing to do with the making or picking of a Head Boy.”

Lily just sat their, bewildered by this information.

“Now, as I can see, Ms. Evans has already made up the passwords for the Houses, and you have started on the rounds.”

Lily nodded her head. “Yes I have.”

“Good. Now, you two have rounds every night. Monday through Thursday you will do rounds until eleven o’clock. On Friday and Saturday you will do rounds until one o’clock, a lot of children like to stay out of bed, so please check for that. And on Sunday’s until eleven-thirty,” Dumbledore began.

“Alright,” James said, absorbing the information.

“May I see the passwords, Ms. Evans?” Dumbledore asked. Lily handed him the passwords that she had come up with.

“There all there,” Lily said.

Dumbledore nodded his head. “Good, good. Now, these passwords will be changed monthly. If another house finds out, than that house will be changed immediately. Also, Prefects meetings will be held bi-weekly.

“As for you two, your Head’s Dormitory will also be needing a password. It is to be changed weekly. As for Head’s meetings, you two can come up with that schedule, and also I will be attending a few when you need me.”

“Excuse me, Sir, but Head’s Dormitories?” Lily asked.

“Dormitory, Ms. Evans. Yes, the Head’s receive their own Dormitory. It’s very luxurious and it consists of wondrous items. Many Head’s in the past have come to liking it.”

Lily nodded her head and snapped a glance at James. “I see.”

“Yes, also you have another duty that I must bestow upon you. It is dances, balls, etc. You will need to have these put together, along with decorations. The Prefects help, but the Head Girl and Boy to the most of it.”

“So we come up with these on our own?”

“Precisely, James. Now, you two have a meeting with the fellow Prefects, and I am off to Hogwarts, good day.”

Dumbledore left with a CRACK and James and Lily were left in the same compartment.

“We have a lot of responsibilities,” James said.

Lily raised her eyebrow. “I noticed.”

“Wow, didn’t know the Heads did all of this.”

“Well, they do. So I don’t want any wisecrack jokes. It’s bad enough that you were made Head Boy AND that I have to share a dormitory with you.”

James spread a smile across his face. “I don’t see what’s so bad about that.”

“Potter, I am warning you! Don’t give me crap this year!”

“Alright, alright. I see why they say that redheads have a horrible temper.”

“That’s it! I am out of here!”

“And where might you be going, Head Girl?”

“To start the meeting with the Prefect’s. Seeing as we are already twenty minutes late!”

“But I need to do that meeting with you!”

“Well, than, Mr. Head Boy, why don’t you put your overly sized head on and put it to good use, and follow me!”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“I’m warning you, Potter.”

“Don’t sweat it, Lils, everything will be cool.”

Lily whipped around and kicked James. “Only my father has license to call me ‘Lils’ and I hope that you can’t have children for now on!”

Lily stomped down the hall and into the Prefect’s compartment, fuming.




“Oh, James, I do hope that you can have children,” Lily whispered to herself, laughing softly.

She put the lily in the vase and picked up another lily and went into another one of James’ memories.




Lily walked up to where Dumbledore’s office was. She saw the man she really wished she didn’t want to see.

Dumbledore had told them after the welcoming feats to meet them by his office.

James had beaten her there. He was leaning against one of the gargoyles, like he owned the place. He looked as if he had a grimace on his face, and Lily smiled secretly to herself.

“I see that you have found it,” James said, as Lily approached the gargoyles.

“Might I say the same to you?”

James leaned in more towards the gargoyles, not facing Lily. Lily took the time to look James over.

It seemed as if he had grown a few fair inches over the summer. He had to be over six feet tall, for he towered over Lily, whom was only five foot five.

Even though he had robes and dress shirts on, Lily could make out the muscles bulging underneath, and on his chest.

From years of Quidditch, I might imagine, Lily thought to herself.

His hair was it’s usual untidiness, and black as night to come. His hazel eyes, she always noticed, had flecks of honey in them. They were behind simple small black frames, for glasses.

James had secretly been watching Lily, as she looked him over, in his mirror.

Since she couldn’t see him looking, he also looked her over.

She had not grown over the summer, and he was taller and towered over her. Her hair was longer and the curls fell softly down her back, in an elegant way.

Her eyes were a piercing green. And it was the emerald green that glistened when she laughed, frosted when she was angry, and sparkled when she smiled. They were perfect for staring into, the type of eyes that you got lost in.

Her fair skin was a milky white, although it did have a tinge of tan in it. Her complexion was fair and perfect, and her cheekbones were shallow.

She had matured over the summer, which was obvious. She looked more woman-like, than ever in her years that she had been at Hogwarts, and James had noticed.

She was beautiful, envy of the school. Every guy loved her, but she never gave a care, or simply didn’t notice.

James always thought of her as an angel. And angel for him, someone that he wanted dearly, but could never have. He used his wit to overcome his feelings. But he definitely knew that he did have feelings for Lily Evans.

At the same time the two of them simultaneously turned around and were caught eye in eye, and simply fell for each other.



Author’s Note ~ This is my absolute favorite! I love the ending! Ok…well…not much to say. Thanks for all the reviews! And all the reads!

Well, I need to hit the sack. Night! Review please!