Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: This is my first fanfic...I hope you enjoy reading! Don't be afraid to leave a review!

I would like to thank my Beta: Natako! You so totally rock!!



Wow I can’t believe that my sixth year at Hogwarts is finally over…


“So Harry, what are your plans over the summer holiday?” said Hermione, tugging on Harry’s robes trying to draw his attention away from staring out the window.

“I don’t know, may be I’ll go for a walk at the park like last summer,” he explained while trying to move from Hermione, pulling his arm away from her grasp, “I remember watching Dudley picking on these little kids there. It was sort of mean picking on them that way, but for some reason Dudley always ran away when he or his friends saw me.”

“Yeah, because that ‘Fat Pig’ knows that you might hex him and his friends!” as all three laughed, Ron continued, “Harry…maybe you should try and run after them one day.”

“Why would you say that, Ron?” asked Hermione with a puzzled look just like Harry.

“To see if Dudley could bloody hell lose some of that weight he’s carrying around, and to hear if he actually squeals like a pig!” roared Ron hysterically while trying to not fall off his seat.

     Harry, Hermione, Neville, Ginny and Luna just started to crack up laughing. They even laughed louder and harder when my face changed color from red to purple. Harry once told me about how Hagrid went to pick Harry up for his first year at Hogwarts. Hagrid put a tail on Dudley’s butt because he was mad at the Dursley’s for calling Professor Dumbledore a crack pot old fool (which he’s not I can assure you), that and I guess he really wanted to do magic. Harry said Dudley ran away from Hagrid squealing like a baby pig.

     I always wanted to figure out a way to get Harry’s mind off of going back to live with the Dursley’s at Number Four Privet Drive, Surrey. Going home on the Hogwarts Express was one thing I knew Harry always dreaded. For some reason I would always find a way to make my friends happy, even if it meant embarrassing myself in front of my “now close friends”.


“Ron, breathe…” said Hermione calmly showing a breathing motion with her hands and face while Ron started to follow her, “now blow out through your mouth slowly…that’s better.” Ron’s face lost color from being purple, and now showing his pale skin and freckles.

“Here Ron, take this gum,” said Luna while Ron got off the floor back onto his seat. He reached for the gum that Luna handed to him.

“Thanks Luna…but what for?” Ron said puzzled, he stared at Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum, and opened the wrapper.

“It will taste better if it’s in your mouth. To take away that bad breath of yours!” giggled Luna while reading the Quibbler. Everyone chuckled at him while Ron just shot a nasty look at Luna, as she hid behind the pages.

While Ron chewed the gum, he started to look at Harry who stared out the window as fields and trees passed by in a blur.

“Er, Harry. Are you okay? You look kind of sick or something, mate,” asked Ron while looking out the window also, trying to feel Harry’s pain.

“Nothing Ron…I just never thought how fast these years have been,” while Harry glanced over at his friends, Neville and Ginny sat playing Wizarding Chess and Hermione’s nose stuck in a book, as always. “Come to think of it, in a few months it will be our final year at Hogwarts. But for some reason or another, I don’t want to leave, you know?” Harry turned to Ron.

“Yeah, mate. I know what you mean. After that year we’ll be doing stuff away from each other, having our own lives. But we'll see each other right, I mean; we can just Apparate to each other whenever we want too. So don’t lose hope, mate.” Ron put his right hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“You're right,” as Harry placed his right hand on Ron’s shoulder.

“Don’t tell me your turning soft on me now?” as both chuckled releasing each other.

     I took a second to stare at my friends. I first looked a Ginny, my sister. It was amazing how fast she’s grown into a young woman, I’m surprised that she hasn’t had a serious relationship with any one, but she has grown not only physically but mentally. Then there was Neville, shy, quite, sky young man, hoping every day would be better than the last. Luck was never on his side, but this year he changed a lot. His confidence rose higher and he became able to do practically anything, even answer to Professor Snape without stuttering at times. I looked at Luna, there was something special about her, even though she kept to herself you know that there was something inside her that need to burst out, she was Ginny’s friend for a long time, and has also grown to be a pretty young woman.

     Looking at Harry, I could tell that he will be able to do great things, he always finished what he started, he was strong both mind and body, I just hope that who ever he falls in love with will be able to accept him as great friend and person that he is. At last I took a quick glance at Hermione. She was always beautiful, with her brains and sense of personality; it was mostly everything I always wanted in a girlfriend, and it was just the heartache of making her see that I wasn’t such a git all the time and to be a bit more sensitive towards her. But I guess she never took a second glance at me, as I looked at her again.


“What Ron, do I have something on my face?” questioned Hermione, she placed her book down on her lap and wiped at her face.

“No, you're perfect, there’s nothing wrong with you,” as he watched her smile a bit and put her attention back to her book.

     The train was slowing down, creeping its way towards the King’s Cross Station, knowing that I wouldn’t see my friends again for quite a while. A few minute later, the train reached the station and crowds of Hogwarts students drained from every compartment. But for some reason I felt that Harry wanted to take his dear sweet time exiting the train.

“Well, see you all next year,” said Luna as she exited the compartment.

Luna left as Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Neville stood up also to walk out, but turning back to see Harry still gazing out the window hopelessly.

“Harry, I’ll wait with you until everyone leaves,” said Ron as he took a seat across from Harry.

“Yeah, I’ll stay too,” as Hermione sat next to Harry, followed by Neville sitting next to Ron, while Ginny just stood in between the compartment door.

“Thanks guys.” Harry just beamed at them, and then went back to staring out the window.

     A few moments later, there was silence. Everyone decided that it was time to get off the train. As we exited, I spotted my family. Of course, because they were only people left standing on the platform. There was a red-headed family, with an old shabby man, someone who looked like the razor got the best of him, and some one wearing a green dress with a funny looking hat on her head.

“Ron…Ginny…Harry…Hermione…” screamed Mrs. Weasley as she ran towards her children, hugging and kissing Ron, Ginny, Hermione and eventually Harry in a more of a tighter squeeze then the rest of them. As she finally let go of Harry, Mrs. Weasley turned towards Ron. “How dare you make us worried like that, Ronald Weasley!” giving him the nastiest look that he hated to see the most. Everyone’s attention focused on Ron horrorstruck.

“Mum, Harry wanted to sit on the train a little bit longer,” said Ron, trying to seem convincing.

“Mum, it’s true,” Ginny said softly coming to Ron’s rescue.

“Well, we best get going,” as Mrs. Weasley directed the children towards the crowd.

“Neville…”cried an old woman, who Ron, Hermione and Harry saw two years ago at St. Mungo’s Hospital. She wore a green dress, a matching color hat with a vulture on it, and was holding a red bag.

“That’s my grandmother, well, see you guys next year,” Neville said sadly, taking his time walking up to his grandmother dragging his trunk.

“There you are Neville, now let’s go home,” touching his back leading him towards the opening. They started to slow down when they heard someone running towards them.

“Neville!” shouted Ron, running to make his way to catch up with Neville. Neville and his grandmother slowly turned around to look at Ron.

“Mum suggested that if it’s alright with your grandmother…” as Ron shifted his glance from Neville to his grandmother. “That you could stay at the Burrow a month before we go back to Hogwarts. Mum said it could be a ‘last year celebration’. If it’s alright with your grandmother?” said Ron showing a sad face to her.

“I don't mind at all if Neville could stay over your house before the school term,” said Neville’s grandmother, with a big pause. “Unless that is…” as she turned to look at Neville, who seemed to be holding his breath. “If an adult would be able to pick Neville up at around 9:00 A.M.?”

“That would be no problem at all,” said Mr. Weasley, walking up behind Ron with a smile. “If you wouldn't mind, I will be able to pick him up myself.”

“That would be wonderful,” said Neville’s grandmother grinning. “Well we better be off, we have to go and visit with my son and daughter-in-law. Say goodbye Neville.” As she made her way towards the barrier opening.

“Thanks, Ron you’re a lifesaver,” said Neville softly so that his
grandmother couldn’t hear. “Thank you Mr. Weasley, so see you all in a month.” With a smile on his face, he ran to catch up with his grandmother.

“Shall we be off then,” said Mr. Weasley calling towards his family, Harry, Hermione, Alastor and Reamus. “Molly made a wonderful lunch for you all as 'a welcome home'. Oh and Hermione, we talked to your parents and they said that they would be able to pick you up tonight. Also Harry, your Aunt and Uncle said to drop you off tomorrow since their away on a trip.”

“Thanks,” said Hermione and Harry. “Can’t wait to go to the Burrow,” said Harry while dragging his trunk and holding Hedwig’s cage.

“Great I’m starving!” suggested Ron looking at his friends and holding his stomach.

“When are you not?!” shouted everyone in unison, laughing at Ron. They walked away, as he stood there clueless.



A/N: I know the first chapter is always the dullest chapter...but what did you expect...pumpkin juice! LOL, well I hope you will leave a review...I will be posting more soon...