Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: I didn't get that many reviews as I hoped for...but you all will suffer from my wrath! Read on to find out! Hahahahahahahahehehehehehe...cough cough cough...choking here. he he.



     Weeks have slowly passed and things with me and Hermione couldn’t be any better. Quidditch seemed to be taking off, since Ravenclaw ended up beating Slytherin, it became obvious who was going to win the Quidditch Cup. We beat Hufflepuff a few weeks ago to another ‘Shut-out’, because Harry and I still kept the bet going.

     Sad to say this time I ended up doing Harry’s Charms essay which was 3 feet of parchment. Happy to say since I’ve been on Hermione’s good side, she decided to help me with mine and Harry’s essays. Hermione and I seemed to be getting closer, not only intimately but realistically, she has a plan when she finishes school, and I was happy to know that my name fit into her plans. This past weeks was the busiest and exhausting week of my life trying to prepare for today, which is the Halloween dance.



     I awoke today refreshed and excited to kick off the Halloween feast and the dance to follow. As I finished getting dressed, I walked down the stairs to be greeted by Hermione sitting on the couch, but she wasn’t there. So I decided to wait for her reading my “Practical Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts” book for Professor Harrington’s class today.


There were footsteps coming down the stairs as Ron’s attention turned to look, “Hey, there sleepy head,” as he placed the book down on the couch and made his way towards Hermione, “Good Morning,” giving her kiss.

“Morning, glad to see you up before me,” as she walked over to the table to grab her bag, “are you ready to go to breakfast?”

“Yup,” he said putting the book in his bag.

     When we arrived in the Great Hall, the whole gang was there. Krystel was sitting next to Lucy talking about what the way they were going to style their hair for the dance. Harry and Neville were discussing Defense Against the Dark Arts, but I think mostly about Krystel’s grandfather, while Ginny was talking to Colin about their Charms class. All the students seem to be either talking about the dance or midterms.

“Hey Lucy, thanks so much for proof reading my paper, I can’t believe I forgot to add in the reasons for coloration in antibiotics, in my doctoral essay,” said Hermione as she took a seat across from Lucy.

“No problem, I remembered my mom talked about it, since she works in a pharmacy that makes potions, which sends it to St. Mungo’s,” said Lucy as she smiled and then picked up her conversation again with Krystel.

“Wow, did I just hear that Hermione has lost her touch,” said Ron appalled, “are you feeling well?” He placed a hand on her head, which she quickly pushed away.

“Very funny Ron,” as she took a sip of her juice, “I just have been busy lately with today, homework and duties…which remind me, we need to be here an hour before dinner to set up alright?” He gave her a nod, seeing that he had food in his mouth.

     Today’s classes went by like a breeze, even though seemed to be dragging”Potions”but other classes seem to have ended too early. I walked back to my common room as I started think about what to wear for the Halloween Dance, mind kept racing if I should dance or not, I don’t know how to dance, I’ve never danced before. Three years ago, I didn’t dance at all at the Yule Ball, so what makes it that I’m going to dance now, but I have too. I’m Head Boy.

Ron turned the corner and, “Oops, sorry there,” as he bent down helping the person with her books and belongings. “I didn’t see you there.”

“It’s alright Ron, that’s what I get for reading a book and walking at the same time,” said Lucy picking up her books from his hands. “Thanks.”

“Sorry Lucy,” as he stood handing her the rest of her books.

“No problem, see you tonight,” as she continue to make her way down the hall.

Ron continued to walk until an idea popped. He quickly turned around and ran after Lucy, “Lucy…Lucy, can I ask you a question,” he slowed down his pace next to her catching his breath, “well do you know how to dance?” He pleaded, waiting for an answer.

“Yes, why’d you ask?” showing a puzzled look.

“Because I wanted to ask you…ifyoucanteachme,” feeling embarrassed.

“What was that, I’m like a little deaf,” as she cupped her ear leaning towards him.

Ron felt so ashamed that he just turned around, “It’s alright if you don’t want to, I’ll find someone else to ask…”

Lucy yanked his arm, which stopped him from walking away.

“Okay, on two condition,” letting go of his arm and readjusting her bag on her shoulder.

“Great, name it,” he said surprised, placing his hands in his robes.

“One, don’t tell your girlfriend because I think she doesn’t like me that much yet since I’m new to your group,” as he nodded, “Two, don’t let your girlfriend kill me!”

“Fine, but I’m not responsible if she sends you to the hospital wing for two weeks,” said Ron jokingly. Lucy gave him a slap on his arm, “I was only joking…deal.”

Ron stuck out his hand, “sure,” she said shaking it, “meet me in the Gryffindor common room, in 20 minutes,” She walked away to her next class turning the corner.

     Great, I’m going to knock the socks off Hermione. I made my way into the common room, gathering all the items and necessary decorations for the dance, putting them in different piles and categorizing them, so that Hermione doesn’t bite my head off. After I finished, I looked at the clock, seventeen minutes pasted, so I finished up and scrambled out of the common room running to the Gryffindor Common Room, catching my breath on the outside of the portrait, ‘Pig Snout’, walking in all the chairs and tables were pushed to one side of the common room, then there were extra items still in the room that shocked me.

“Ron, you’re here. Great we can start,” said Lucy as she stood up from sitting on a chair.

“Hey,” said Ron shocked to see that there were more people in the room.

“Sorry Ron, I sort of blabbed it to Ginny and she told Harry, who then told Neville and Krystel,” said Krystel walking up to Ron and grabbed his hand to lead him towards everyone.

“Sorry Ron, for crashing your party, but it would be fun to learn how to dance,” said Ginny. “And Lucy said it would be fun with more people,”

“Okay everyone, remember the rules, One, Hermione doesn’t find out about this, and Two, no is going to let her kill me for doing this, and Third, if I get sent to the hospital wing I better see a lot of presents from each of you,” everyone laughed, but she put on a serious face, so they stopped and just nodded. “So let’s begin with a slow tempo and work our way to a faster pace,”

     Lucy had everyone paired up; of course I had to pair up with her since everyone was taken. But I didn’t mind. Lucy was a great teacher; she’s really talented in many ways. For me I swear that I was born with two left, as so they call it, because I either stepped on or tripped over Lucy’s feet. Her reactions weren’t too drastic; if I stepped or tripped she would just laugh a bit and then smile at me, like it was no big deal. I felt comfortable being around her, she never let me feel embarrassed or ashamed of myself when I screwed up. Two hours passed, and I’ve learned how to dance to swing, waltz, and even salsa, which became easy as we moved along.

“That’s it everyone, thank you for participating, now I better see everyone dancing on the floor tonight,” said Lucy closing the record player.

“Thanks again Lucy,” said Ron as he looked at his watch, “wow, I have to go and get ready see you all tonight,”

Ron made his way towards the portrait, “bye,” called Krystel as he turned and waved at them.

     I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, hoping that I didn’t bump into anyone or see a teacher catch me running in the halls. As I finally made my way into the common room, relief struck me finding that Hermione wasn’t in the common room. I quickly went upstairs to grab a shirt and boxers, then ran down stairs to take a quick shower. When I finished Hermione came through the portrait.

“Ron, you’re here good,” said Hermione walking towards the table putting her bag and books down, “I just finished clarifying everything with Dumbledore and the first through third years are eating dinner right now,”

Ron walked over to her threw the towel around her lassoing her into a kiss, “glad you had a good day,” as he held his towel around her hips.

“Can you let me go so that I can shower?” She said while trying to pull the towel over her head but he wouldn’t let go.

“Fine but hurry it up,” as he let her go and followed her up the stairs.

“Where do you think your going?” As she turned around seeing that he was a few steps behind her.

“To my room, to change, why do you need help?”

“No, just making sure that you don’t walk in on me,” as she opened her door.

“Oh, and that’s a bad thing…”

“Yes,” she snapped back while closing the door slowly.

     Great, now the score stands: Hermione 5, Ron nothing. I opened the door to my room and threw the towel in a basket. I walked to my closet to pick out the outfit that Hermione and I were supposed to wear for tonight. I pulled out a white long sleeve shirt that had a draped cuffs, and black slacks. I walked to my drawer to grab a pair of black socks, when an owl started rapping on the window.

     I opened the window finding that the owl had my package for Hermione, so I ran to my drawer and pulled out 3 silver sickles and placed it in the owls pouch and untied the package. The owl flew away as I shut the window. I walked back to my bed and placed the package down and continued dressing. It took me a while to tame my wild hair, I should have listen to Mum and got a trim before I started school. So I just brushed it back not adding anything to it, making look like I flew on my broom for two hours look. After tying my shoelaces, I grabbed my package and walked down stairs to wait for Hermione.

     As I sat waiting for almost like an eternity, and my legs started to cramp up. Hermione finally decided to grace herself in my presence. She walked gracefully down the stairs wearing a spaghettie strap pastel purple dress with a draped front showing cleavage and a mid thigh slit, carrying a matching scarf. She had her hair pinned back with a silver comb leaving strands of her bangs to highlight her face. I sat there in awe staring at how elegantly sexy she looked in that dress.


“Ron, are you ready?” Hermione asked as she placed her scarf hanging slight on her shoulders draping it to the front.

“Yes, dear,” getting up off the couch and walked towards her giving her a light kiss on the lips. “I have something for you,”

     I walked to the couch and unraveled my package. Darn child proof lock, it took me almost a minute to open it. When I finally opened it, I turned around quickly placing it behind my back so that she couldn’t see and walked up to her. She stood there smiling at me waiting in anticipation for what I was about to give her. So to loosen the both of us, I kissed her again softly on the lips and then dropped to one knee in front of her.

Hermione stood there with a shock look as she asked, “What are you doing?”

"Hermione, will you..." Ron pulled a small case out in front of him and opened the case revealing a diamond ring, "will you marry me?" taking a slow exhale.

"Ron..."she trailed off staring at the ring breathless.

"Hermione say something, please..." he pleaded looking into her eyes as a single tear fell.

"Ron, I can't marry you..."she said shaking, "I'm sorry."

Hermione turned on her heel and ran up the staircase to her room, as Ron called after her, "Hermione..."

I felt so miserable and with out thinking I flew the ring into the fireplace furiously and slumped on the couch, wanting to die right there.



A/N: Hahahaha...that's what you all get for not leaving reviews! hahahahaha...SUFFER till I return! And bring on the FLAMES I don't mind at all!

Okay, I got the 100 reviews, and thanks! But this site is taking a long time to accept my story, so if you all could be patient and bare with me, you will all love my next chapters, and as a treat I updated another after that, so you'll have two chapters instead of one. Now all we have to do now, is wait!