Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Okay...I'm back again. I'm sorry it took so long to update. But the first time it didn't get accepted because of my long Author's Note. And then, I guess they just deleted it, so I'm here to re-add it in! lol. Enjoy



Flashback of the previous chapter:


“Ron, are you ready?” Hermione asked as she placed her shale hanging slight on her shoulders draping it to the front.

“Yes, dear,” getting up off the couch and walked towards her giving her a light kiss on the lips. “I have something for you.”

     I walked to the couch and unraveled my package. Darn child proof lock, it took me almost a minute to open it. When I finally opened it, I turned around quickly placing it behind my back so that she couldn’t see and walked up to her. She stood there smiling at me waiting in anticipation for what I was about to give her. So to loosen the both of us, I kissed her again softly on the lips and then dropped to one knee in front of her.

Hermione stood there with a shock look as she asked, “What are you doing?”

"Hermione, will you..." Ron pulled a small case out in front of him and opened the case revealing a diamond ring, "will you marry me?" taking a slow exhale.

"Ron..."she trailed off staring at the ring breathless.

"Hermione say something, please..." he pleaded looking into her eyes as a single tear fell.

"Ron, I can't marry you..."she said shaking, "I'm sorry."

Hermione turned on her heel and ran up the staircase to her room, as Ron called after her, "Hermione..."

     I felt so miserable and with out thinking I flew the ring into the fireplace furiously and slumped on the couch, wanting to die right there.


     Yeah, like that would ever happen to me, Hermione turning me down. She-ah right and monkeys would fly out of my butt. Laughs histerically at the people who believed that I, Ron would ever propose to Hermione. I think that its too soon to do something like that. But I'm just making sure you all are paying attention. Okay, here's the real conclusion to the Halloween Dance.

Author speaking: Ron...you need to flip the page back so that the readers know where you left off before you pulled that mean prank on us.

Ronald B. Weasley: I'm sorry author, I'll go and do that right now.

Author speaking: No harm done. *smiles widely*

Turns three pages back to where he left off on...darn paper cut.



Hermione stood there with a shock look as she asked, “What are you doing?”

“Hermione, will you…” Ron pulled a lavender rose with baby’s breath wrist corsage from his back and placed it front of him, “will you be my date for tonight?”

She gasp at the sight of the wrist corsage and told him, “Of course, this is so beautiful. I love it, thank you,” lifting him off the floor while planting a kiss on him.

Ron pulled away smiling, “I knew you would love it,” as he strapped the corsage on her left arm. “Are you ready to go Miss Granger?”

“Hold on there’s one more thing, look at me?” Hermione scanned his body for anything to change as she finally spotted it. “Come here,” as she pulled him closer to unbutton his collar button also the one below that, pulling back his shirt a little showing his bare chest. “Much better,”

“So you think I’m sexy?” Ron said mockingly, pulling his shirt open more.

“Yeah,” as she pushed him playfully.

“Oh really,” he said surprised at her comment, “so now that I’m sexy, are you ready to go Miss Granger?”

     I stuck out his elbow for her to take, which she did. We walked out of the common room and down to the Great Hall anxiety and panic started to cross my mind. What if tonight doesn’t go well, Hermione and I will be the laughing stock of the school. What if people hate it, or just leave? The worst questions thinkable kept passing through my mind as we arrived in front of the Great Hall. Students began to gather outside of the Great Hall waiting to go in. Hermione and I opened the door to the hall; it was magnificent with the setup of the various decorations. I think we did a great job in knowing that the students will be surprised and really enjoy them selves.

     The band “The Weird Sisters” were in the next room prepping for the dance. After double checking every detail, Professor Dumbledore left to open the Great Hall as students began pouring in gasping at the scenery and migrating to various tables. I finally saw the gang coming in as I signaled Hermione to come.


“Hey Ron,” said Ginny being escorted by Harry. “This looks wonderful; you guys really did a good job. I’m impressed,” giving her brother a hug.

“Thanks Ginny, you look stunning tonight and nice jacket Harry. Why don’t you all go find some tables and wait there for us, we have to welcome everyone,” he said showing them a few tables that weren’t occupied, as they made their way there followed by Neville and Krystel.

“Ron, are you ready to welcome everyone?” Hermione asked, he gave her nod and they walked towards the front of the Hall.

     I pulled out my wand, directed it at my throat, and said “Sonorus!” and then started to speak normal to gather the students’ attention!

“Can each of you take a seat please? Thank you. Welcome to the Halloween Dance, we hope you enjoy tonight. The dance will commence at 8:45 P.M. and will continue on till midnight! Thank you all again for attending, now ‘Tuck In’!”

     Fondue pots of cheese, chocolate and butter-oil began to boil in the small pots, while trays of bread, a variety of vegetables and fruits, raw chicken and beef, piled on the outside of the pots on each table. I pulled out my wand again and pointed it to my throat saying “Quietus” then pocketed it. I felt Hermione grab my arm, she looked happy, seeing everyone enjoying themselves. We walked to sit with our friends who were having too much fun with the fondue forks.

“If you two don’t stop, you're going to poke each others eyes out,” scolded Ginny watching Neville and Harry play 'sword fight' with the fondue forks.

“You to better stop it, before I give you both detention,” added Hermione, drawing closer to them with Ron at her side.

Neville and Harry quickly stopped at the sound of her voice and went back to placing bread and vegetables on their forks and began dipping it in the cheese fondue.

“Hermione, do you know what the butter-oil pots are for?” Krystel asked, still clueless staring at the raw meat and the boiling pot, tapping her fork on her plate.

“You poke the fork into the meat,” said Hermione as she grabbed a fork and poked some beef onto her fork, “and just place it in the pot to cook, it suppose to take thirty seconds to cook to small pieces of meat.”

     Everyone finally got the hang of using the forks to cook or grab your food. After a while the food started to disappear. There were five minutes before the dance started and Hermione excused herself from the table and made her way to bring out the band. I sat there thinking of Hermione’s reaction when I ask her to dance and to see how well I dance. Nervousness came over me like rush of cold chills running down my spine.

     Hermione walked back out from the room with the band, “The Weird Sisters” trailing behind her, making there way onto the stage that Professor Dumbledore conjured showing their personal instruments. Students began to stand; the food on the tables disappeared, and the tables lifted off to the side of the walls leaving the floor clear. The band quickly counted off a beat and started to play, applause and cheers started to erupt while students started dancing.


Ron walked up to Hermione, who was in front of the stage and asked, “Would you care to dance?” She nodded with slight blush, trying not to laugh at him as he gave a bow. He escorted her out to the middle of the crowd and began to dance.

“I’m…glad…every…thing…is…going…well,” shouting over the music while swinging her arms side to side and rocking back and forth to the beat.

He grabbed her hand a pulled her closer to him, “I’m glad that your having a good time,” then twirled her around and continued dancing, still holding her hand.

     I could see that she was having a great time, seeing a smile on her face that made me melt when she looked at me. Harry and Ginny danced next to us, while Neville and Krystel still sat on the table making out, but then was interrupted by Professor Harrington”her grandfather”who told them to dance. So I watched from behind Hermione, Neville and Krystel made their way to us.

“You got busted,” chanted Harry to Neville and Krystel, while dancing with Ginny.

“Harry, shut up!” both said, feeling slightly embarassed as they started to dance.

Everyone just laughed and continued to dance.

“Hey guys,” called Lucy from behind Harry and Ginny. They all waved at her and her date. “I’m glad to see you all dancing. Sorry, this is my date Rob; his in Ravenclaw,”

Rob stuck out his hand and Ron shook it saying, “You’re that Chaser from Ravenclaw that scored 5 goals against Slytherin, right?” he just nodded.

“Yeah, I guess I got lucky there,” said Rob, as Ron stopped dancing and just stood in the middle of the dance floor talking.

“Well I hope you don’t get lucky when we challenge you,”

“Who knows maybe you’ll block all my shots,”

“Yeah, maybe I will, so when did you and Lucy hook up?”

“We met in the Gryffindor common room, remember the victory party against Slytherin?” Ron nodded and glanced over at Hermione who also stopped dancing to talk to Lucy.

“Huh, yeah now I remember you, you’re the drunk that said ‘speech’,” as they both laughed.

“Well I never had Butterbeer before, and I guess I got carried away since it was free,” he admitted.

“Excuse me Ron, do you think I can have my date back please,” said Lucy butting in their conversation.

“Sorry about that Lucy, see you after the New Year on a broom crying Rob,” said Ron shaking his hand.

“Yeah, but I think you’ll be the one crying when we win,” Rob said, he walked away with Lucy as she turned around giving a thumbs up.

“So what did you two talk about,” said Hermione, as the song changed to slow dance. Ron pulled Hermione closer with his hand on her waist.

“We talked about, how I’m going to win the Quidditch Cup for Gryffindor,” Ron said spinning her around into a dip. “Also how he asked Lucy to this dance,” he lifted her back up and continued to follow the music’s momentum.

“So when did you learn how to dance?”

“What was that, your screwing up my counting,” she swatted his arm, “okay but don’t get mad, honestly Lucy taught me, and…also Harry, Ginny, Neville and Krystel.”

She just smiled at him saying, “So when were you going to tell me you learned how to dance, Ronald Weasley?”

“I decided to tell you after I swept you off your feet,” as he did another dip, gazing into her eyes, “so is it working?”

“Yes…and…” she admitted, he lifted from the dip they spun around.

“And she didn’t want me to tell you, because she thought you didn’t like her since she’s new to the group and all,” he said feeling guilty.

“I do like her; she helps me a lot with my essays. Sometimes we just talk about girl stuff together with Ginny and Krystel,” as a sign of relief came off his face.

“We’ll I’m glad your not mad, because she thought that you might hex or jinxes her. She was afraid that she might be sent to the hospital wing for two weeks, if you found out,”

“That’s not a bad idea,” as an evil grin came on her face.

“Don’t make that face,” Ron pleaded shivering at the sight, “I hate when you make that look, it gives me a bad vibe,” as she did it again. “Stop it, I mean it,”

“So now you’re giving orders,” she said with a bossy tone.

“Nope, I’m leading,” spinning her out and then pulling back in.

     We danced till my feet couldn’t handle it any more. Cheers and applause roared through out the hall for the band as tired and hyper students left the hall. I’m so glad the dance was such a hit! Everyone walked back to their common rooms being patrolled by the Prefects to make sure no one was sneaking around. Hermione and I had to stay back to help bring down the decorations which took forever putting up as it did to take down. As the clock struck one, Hermione and I headed to our common exhausted and tired. As we walked she looked drowsy and started to stumble. So I picked her up, continuing the long journey to our common room. I could say the hardest part of tonight was trying to get into the common room with out waking her.

     The happiest was finally seeing what her bedroom looked like. I placed her on her bed and pulled her covers over her, kissing her goodnight. One thing caught my eye leaving her room, was a picture of her back sitting on a bench looking at Harry and I talking, I wonder who took the picture. I closed her door silently and walked to my room thinking about the picture. Reaching my bed, I collapsed head on, not caring to undress.



A/N: I told you all if you didn't leave a review something bad might happen...hahahahahaha...The answers to my Fake ending will be in a review, since the site won't allow me to have a long, Author's Note! lol.