Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Author Speaking: Ron, stop playing around with the remote control and turn it back to the Soap Opera Channel before people start to think that the fight was real...

Ronald B. Weasley: Fine, but I wanted to watch the Chich Fight. Hermione was winning!

Author Speaking: What's up with men a chick fights any way?!

Ronald B. Weasley: Well there's...

Author Speaking: Don't get into it, just turn it back before I make you kiss Snape's...

Ronald B. Weasley: Okay, okay...I get the hint. *mum
bles under his breath*

Author Speaking: Thank you!

Ronald B. Weasley: Yeah, yeah, yeah...*picks up remote control*

Channels changes from Wrestling to Soap Opera...



     As we walked up the stairs, my legs started to cramp a bit. Lucy pulled out her wand from her robe and muttered a spell towards her door. She opened the door and led me in.

“I had to take off the spell from my room so you could come in,” as she headed towards her closet searching for the book.

“Oh,”

She finally came out of her closet holding a brand new book that was thick and huge. She handed the book to me as I just looked at it. The book felt smooth with its leather bound cover and it seemed from the look of it that it was opened only once.

“Thank you,”

“Look inside,”

     I opened the cover of the book, it had a note:


          Ron,

     Happy Christmas! Hope you like this book, it took me a while to get it, but I know you’ll enjoy reading it. I have a surprise inside, I hope you like it, my dad and brother got it for me.

                    Lucy


     I read the title of the book, “Quidditch Hall of Fame: Players and Teams”. Flipping to the page where the “Chudley Cannons” are, I froze in awe of what I just saw.


“This page has…has…their autograph,” he said in shock looking at the pictures moving and reading his name and a small message to him.

“I wanted it to be a surprise for you, since you’ll be going home this week for winter holiday, so I decided to give it to you early,” she said with a glowing smile on her face, happy that he liked the book. “Do you like it?”

“Like it, I love it,” as he closed the book and walked towards her giving her a hug, “Thank you so much, I’m stunned, this is a great gift.”

“I knew you’d like it,” as she looked up at him, his arms still wrapped around her. “I have one more surprise to give you,” her heel lifted off the floor and pulled his robes down towards her.

     She kissed me, I didn’t pull away from it, and I just stood there frozen. Then shutting my eyes, I started to get into this kiss. I wrapped my arms closer around her body so that she could lean against me, allowing me to dropping my book on the floor. A second or two passed through my mind blankly. My body stopped aching from head to toe, and then it hit me. Hermione! I pulled away from her, with a confused look of what just happened. I walked over to her bed slowly and sat down still confused of the situation.

“I’m sorry…I don’t know what happen to me there,” he said placing his hands on his knees looking away from her.

He felt someone touching his shoulder and turned to look, “I do…I’ve been in love with you for a long time Ron,” as she leaned in again to kiss him. He pulled away again from the kiss.

“This can’t be happening,” as he stood up from her bed.

“Why?” she asked as she reached for his arm.

He turned around, with a serious look on his face, “Because I’m with Hermione, she’s my girlfriend and I can’t do this to her.”

“But I thought you liked me, how you ask me for things and help,” she pleaded, gazing into his eyes.

“Yeah, but that was because you were my friend. I thought you were with Rob?”

“I am still dating him, its not like we have anything going between us,” she said feeling gloom.

“So why do you want me when you have him?”

“I don’t know, I just fell in love with you from the first time I saw you,”

He fell stunned at her remark, and stood up slowly, “I…I have to go. Hermione is waiting up for me, I’m sorry,” as he grabbed his book from the floor and stormed out of her room running down the stairs.

“Hey Ron, where you going?” called Neville who was sitting by the fire with Harry, Ginny and Krystel, Ron ignored the call and continued to run out of the common room.

     I ran as fast as my tired, aching legs would carry me to my common room. While running through the halls, my mind raced as what to say to Hermione. Should I tell what happen to me, that Lucy kissed me and I kissed her back? Or should I just not tell her and hope that Lucy doesn’t bring this up? But what if I don’t tell her and for some reason she finds out from someone, will she kill me? Hurt me? Torture me? And if I do end up telling her, what will she do, hurt me and Lucy? Or worst, break up with me…

     My mind raced with more questions and assumptions flooding in and out with pros and cons of this situation. I finally reached the portrait of Snuffles as I let myself in. Hermione sat peacefully at the table scribbling on parchment. I didn’t want to bother her, seeing her there with no worry or guilt for what I just did, clueless to the situation that happened less than ten minutes ago. I braved myself by taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly as I became nervous. Hermione got up from her chair to stretch as I walked towards her.


“Hermione,”

“Oh, hi honey,” she said startled, as she walked to him. She tipped-toed to give him a kiss, as his face turned to the side, kissing his cheek. “What is it Ron?” feeling worried, while he just stared at the ground.

“Nothing,” he lied, feeling guilty.

“Ron there’s something wrong, I know you…please tell me,” she said lifting his chin so that she looked in his eyes.

He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly shaking his mouth opened and words slowly fell out, “Lucy…Lucy. She kissed me,” as his head dropped back down. Her hands flew to cover her mouth; she just stood there in shock. Stunned by what she just heard.

“What did you do?” she asked backing away from him slowly.

“I kissed her back,” he said shaking trying to hold back his emotions.

“Why did you both kiss, where were you?” as she walked up to him putting a hand on his arm. He gently placed his other hand on hers rubbing it gently.

“I went to the Gryffindor common room to pick up the book that she said that she had for me,” he said showing the book in his hands, then place it on the table. “Then she asked me to go to her room to get it. She brought the book out, and I loved it so much, I gave her a hug. Then I don’t know, she caught me by surprise, and kissed me.”

“Did you want to kiss her?” She glared at him in disbelief.

“No, I don’t know, it happened so fast and it was weird that when I pulled away, I felt it was too late.”

“So what happened after you pulled away?”

“I said I was sorry for kissing her, and she told me that she loved me for a long time, and she kissed me again,”

     Hermione’s face looked as if a family member died, she stood there confused and with mixed feelings. Rage, anger, hatred, never crossed her mind or her actions. She just stood frozen taking all this information in, like it was nothing.

“Then what happened?”

“I told her that I’m with you, you’re my girlfriend,” he placed both of his hands on her shoulder looking into her eyes. “She told me that I was sort of flirting with her or drawing closer to her, just because I borrowed books from her and invited her to watch Harry and I practice. I think that she did all those things to allow me to get closer to her. So I told her I had to leave and I did.”

“I’m sorry Ron, right now I feel so confused with this situation, but I do have one question to ask,” as she grabbed his hands from her shoulder and placed it in front of her holding his hands. “Do you like her?” she said staring into his eyes.

“I…I don’t know,” as he focused his attention back to the floor.

“Well you have to figure it out if you do or don’t,” she said as she let go of his hands. “I trust you and care about you deeply, and as you girlfriend I’m willing to give you a decision,” he nodded feeling remorse.

“Okay,” still focused on the ground.

“Fine, I’m going to bed now,” she said as she left him standing there, making her way to the stairs.

     I’m relieved that she didn’t throw an argument or tantrum. I thought she would yell at me until someone had to come in to check on us. I’m still so depressed, angry and frustrated at myself. I wish I never met Lucy, or even remember to read that letter. I sat on the couch and stared into the crackling flames of the fireplace. I wish this whole mess didn’t happen, but now I have to decide whether I like Hermione or Lucy. That decision raced through my mind. As I closed my eyes thinking about this situation, my mind fell blankly and so did my heart.


A/N: Come to think about it...I loved the alternate ending better than the real one..don't you think...well give me a review to tell me what you think!

Advertisement: After All We've Been Through... by juliet5368. Please read this awesome FF, she's a really good friend of mine and her story is amazing! You'll definitely want more! Promise...