Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Sorry it took so long...finals is almost here...and Christmas is also nearing! lol. Thanks to all those who read and reviewed...I have over 2000+ readers on my first chapter! Hooray! Enjoy!


     I awoke from the couch still confused of what just happened last night. Staring into a newly lit fireplace, my mind started racing again. Should I see Lucy again and talk to her about what happened. Or should I just figure this out on my own. I got off the couch and walked towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. While I was showering I heard Hermione come in, so I quickly finished so that I could talk to her. But when I got out, she wasn’t there, in her room or the common room when I finished changing into my robes. So I walked to the Great Hall while my mind flooded with scenarios and different reasons for choosing Hermione and Lucy.

“Hi everyone,” he said taking a seat next to Neville, while looking at Hermione. She seemed interested in her food on her plate as she poked her eggs with her fork. Harry, Ginny, Neville and Krystel just nodded and smiled at him.

     I took another glance at Hermione and then looked around for Lucy. She was sitting with her friends at the end of the table closer towards the staff table. She turned her head and made eye contact with me and quickly changed her focus back to her friend's conversation.

“Ron, what are you going to do for winter holiday?” asked Krystel, putting down her goblet of orange juice.

He swallowed the food that was packed in his mouth, “Mum, wants us to come back to the Burrow, we're bringing Harry with us this year,” as he looked at Harry who nodded.

“That’s great, so Hermione where are going for the holidays?”

She looked up from her plate as the attention came back to her quickly, “Um…my parents are going on a vacation, I don’t know where yet, it’s a surprise,” she shrugged.

“Ron, are you ready for class?” Harry asked, getting up from the table.

“Yup,” he stood up after he drank the rest of his orange juice and then reached for a muffin.

Both walked out of the Great Hall in silence, Harry was the first to break the mute, he asked, “Ron, what happened last night? You stormed out of the common room mad and frustrated? And what’s the deal with Hermione? She didn’t even look at you in there?” They walked out of the castle towards Hagrid’s hut for Care of Magical Creatures.

“Well it wasn’t pretty. You see Lucy…well she kissed me, and I…sort of in a way kissed her back,” he said, slightly scared of Harry’s reaction.

Harry’s stride slowed down a bit, “why did she kiss you and why did you kiss her back?”

“She told me that she loved me and I don’t know why I kissed her, I guess I was wrapped up by the moment, but I snapped out of it when Hermione came into my mind,” he said defensively.

“Well that settles the reason why Hermione is being stubborn and angry, not to mention witchy, also…”

“Okay I get it,” he interrupted him, “but she wasn’t upset about it, she was calm and silent. Surprising she didn’t even yell or try to hit me.”

“Well, maybe because she was hurt on the inside, it must have effected her emotional rather than physically,” almost reaching Hagrid’s Hut.

“She told me that I must decided whether or not I like Lucy,”

“So do you like her?” Ron shrugged.

Harry asked another question, “Ron…do you love Hermione?”

He turned dumbstruck at the question, “Do I love Hermione?” he asked softly to himself.

“Well there’s only one way to find out, come on we're going to Hagrid's,” as Harry walked up to Hagrid’s Hut, he knocked on the door. Fangs ran to the door and started to bark wildly at it.

“Mov’ you bloody beast,” yelled Hagrid, he tried to open the door. “Hi er both, early ter class aren’ we.”

“Yeah, uh Hagrid, did you feed the Hippogriffs yet?”

He looked at them puzzled, “Er…no I haven’, why you ask?”

“I was sort of wondering if we could go and feed them,” he offered.

“Sure help yer selves, the bucket is over ther,” pointing to the bucket full of ferrets on the side of the house.

“Thanks Hagrid.”

“Harry what are we going to do,” said Ron, walking with Harry to get the buckets of ferret for the Hippogriffs.

“We are going to decide who you like the most, using the Hippogriffs,” he said walking towards the Hippogriff fence, “you see how the Hippogriffs are split into two groups, one group will be Hermione and the other Lucy,” Ron nodded, opening the gate.

“Okay the Hippogriffs on the right are Lucy and the ones on the left are Hermione. So let’s begin with the first question. Who would you most likely want to spend time with?”

“Well I like spending time with Hermione...”

“There we go,” Harry said feeling happy as he threw a ferret to the left.

“And, I also like spending time with Lucy,” he said guilty. Harry flung one to the right side.

“Who know you the best?” he asked with a smile, knowing that Hermione would be in the lead.

“Hermione, of course she knows me,” he tossed one to the left, “but Lucy knows me because of my interest in lots of things, its like were compatible...”

“Fine…who has a better body?” he interrupted, tossing a dead ferret up and down in his hand and then to the jumping Hippogriff on the right.

“…lets not answer that question…and just give them both one,” he said scratching his head looking at the top of the trees.

Harry threw a ferret to the left and right side, shaking his head he asked, “okay, who kisses the best?”

He thought on that answer for a moment, “Hermione is amazing…and so is Lucy.”

“What?!” he said with a weird look tilting his head to the side.

“Just toss the ferrets.”

“Okay,” he tossed a ferret to either side, “whose smarter? ...wait, switch the question both of them are smart. Who do you like?”

“I like Lucy, because she is involved in my interest. She loves Quidditch as much as I do, and we can talk for hours about that and many other things. I like how she seems to be thinking the same thing I’m thinking. She’s smart and sweet to everyone, and always finds a way to please people or just to make them feel better.”

“And…” Harry threw a ferret to the right, making a Hippogriff leap into the air catching it.

“I like Hermione, she knows me like she’s my other half, we can talk for hours about anything, argue for days and we always find a way to make up. I like how she cares and worries about me, she can be like my shadow. She’s also brilliant and finds a way to make me laugh and fall her.”

Harry threw a ferret to the left side, and then continued to look at Ron.

“So what do we do now Ron?”

He sighed heavily, “I guess I have to confront Lucy again.”

     After Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid, I started to feel nervous about confronting Lucy again. So as I sat in Defense Against the Dark Arts, taking notes on different types of insects that will save you or kill you. I began writing a letter to Lucy so that she could meet me some where.


          Lucy

     I want to talk to you about what happened last night. I hope that you will meet me tonight, by the lake at 7. Please be there, it's important!

                    Ron


     I folded the letter and stuffed it in my robes. A few minutes passed and class was dismissed. I packed my books in my bag quickly hoping to catch up to Neville.


“Neville,” shouted Ron through the busy hall way, filled with rushing students.

Neville turned around to see who was calling him, “yeah,” seeing Ron rush to him.

“Hey, you’re still walking Krystel to her class right?”

“Yeah,”

“Can you give this letter to Krystel? Can you tell her to give it to Lucy?” he asked, handing the letter to him.

“Sure, no problem,” putting the letter in his robe.

“Thanks, so see you later,” he said, turning to walk the opposite direction.

     After finishing the last class before winter holiday, I decided to eat dinner early so that no one could see me. I waited by the lake for Lucy to come. I sat thinking about the situation that happen last night, my mind raced speedily for answers or ways that could have changed the position I was in. Especially the point that Hermione made, giving me the decision to figure out whether or not I like Lucy. Tomorrow we will be going on Winter Holiday, and I don’t know when will be the next time I will see Hermione, so I have to settle this tonight. I need to decide who I want to be with, Hermione or Lucy?



Rocks made brushing and crackling sounds as someone approached him, “Ron, are you there?”

Ron looked up from staring at the lake and saw Lucy draw closer, “Hey, I’m here,” turning his attention back to the lake.

“I got your letter from Krystel, I wanted to talk to you too,” she said walking towards him.

His hands slowly dropped to his knee, as he looked at her, “I wanted to talk to you because I needed to know something,” he got off the boulder and stood in front of her.

“Yes, what is it?” She asked, reaching for his hand.

He could feel her softly squeezing his hand, taking a deep breathe he asked, “Why do you love me?”

“I love you…” looking into his eyes trying to find the words, “…because of the way you look at me, like what you’re doing now. I feel happy and protected when I’m around you. I just know that...when I’m with you, nothing terrible would happen. We're both compatible with what we like and love, and I can’t find fault in you that would make me pull away.”

     I just stood there absorbing it all in, she described everything she liked about me. Nothing hatred or vial slipped from her mouth. It felt that she was drawing me closer and closer to her. I nodded and just stared into her hazel-green eyes, trying to find reason to pull away from her, to find something wrong with her that would make me use that fault against her for my advantage, but there was none.

“Ron, what did you want to talk about?” she said still keeping the grip on his hand.

“I wanted to confront you, to see if there was anything between us.”

She nodded and gave a soft sigh.

“I like you for being compatible in the same things, how we can talk forever about anything. How you seem to know how I’m feeling and try to find a way to make it all better. You’re smart and beautiful…” he said placing a hand under her chin. “But I want to see if that something is there…”

     I leaned down to kiss her. I could see her eyes slowly shutting as her lips grazed mine. Closing my eyes, my mind started to blacken again. No thought or emotion crossed my mind, and then someone started to appear with a smile. She sat on a bench reading a book; she looked over at me and smiled. Then another image crossed my mind, of someone standing in a door way with sexy smile on her face, it quickly changed to feeling someone kissing me then breaking away with a smile. Without a clue, running through my mind, it clicked again. Hermione!

He pulled away from her slowly with a look of relief on his face, when she asked; “well?” staring at him innocently for an answer.

“Nothing…I couldn’t feel anything,” he said putting his hand down and taking a step back thinking about what he just said.

“Why?” she pleaded, feeling a bit misleading by the kiss.

“Because…” a thought of Hermione crossed his mind as he smiled widely, “I love her,” he said looking into her drowning eyes.

“What did you say?” she said taking a step back to let what he just said sink in.

He nodded to himself, “I love Hermione Granger,” thinking about what he just said.

Feeling hurt of what just happened, she walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek, “congratulations.”

“Thanks,” he said relieved with a smile, “I have to go tell her.”

“So what are you waiting for?” she said giving him a playful punch.

     I took off in a run towards the castle leaving Lucy there by the lake. My emotions were racing again, and happiness trickled through out my body and the words, 'I love Hermione Granger,' glided through my mind. I finally loved her; I knew who I want to be with. I finally know where my heart lies and who I’m meant to be with. I raced up the stairs dodging students and a few teachers’ yells at me to stop running, but I didn’t care. I wanted to tell Hermione that I loved her and the whole school. When I arrived at the portrait I caught my breath, I took a deep breathe and made my way into the common room, I saw Hermione as she sat in the same spot.

“Hermione,” called Ron, walking in from the portrait.

She looked up from her parchment and turned to see Ron walking towards her, “hi,”

He walked to her, and shifted her chair away from the table to face him, “I have to tell you about my day,” he said taking in a deep breath.

“Okay,” as she placed her quill on the table.

“It first started when I woke up; I tried to remember what you said about deciding whether or not I like Lucy,”

She gave him a nod and sat back in her chair.

“Well, I talked to Harry after breakfast, I told him about what happened between Lucy and me, then of us and our argument,”

“So you told Harry everything?” questioned her, taking in the thought that other people know about their problems.

“Yes, then he asked my something that stuck in my mind,” he said exhaling slowly looking into her eyes, “he asked me if I loved you, and I just couldn’t answer him.”

“Oh,” feeling uneasy by his remark.

“But, I’m not done yet. Then we went to Hagrid’s to see if we could feed the Hippogriffs, to figure out who I liked better. And through series of questions, it came into a tie, so I told Harry that I had to confront Lucy again which I did,” he spoke, and then gulped deeply.

“What did you and Lucy talk about?” she said placing her arm on the arm rest, feeling scared of his response.

“I met Lucy before I came here, I asked her why she loved me, and she told me. The strangest thing happened while I listened to her, I began to draw a little bit closer because of the things she said. But there was something missing, so I asked to kiss her. Which I did,” he confessed bitterly.

     Hermione face drew pale as a hand flew to cover her mouth. A tear formed in her eye, which soon rolled down the side of her face. I just stood there not being able to look at her as I continued to speak shaking.

“I know I kissed her, I wanted to see if we had something there between us…but there wasn’t,” he said as he got on his knees in front of her. “During that kiss, the only thing that flashed in my mind was you, the kiss meant nothing and I told her that.”

“What did she say?” questioning him, dropping her hands and placing them on her lap.

“She asked me why I couldn’t feel anything? And I told her that ‘I love you’, you are the one that I’m supposed to be with,” he grabbed her hand from the arm rest into his and gazed into her watery eyes. “I love you Hermione Granger.”

She hesitated to speak so soon as she opened her mouth put nothing came out.

“Hermione, please say something…I just told you I love you,” he said rubbing her hand gently.

She spoke softly, “I’m sorry Ron,” pulling her hand away from his grasp, “I don’t know if I love you,”

He felt shattered as he asked, “why?”

“First of all, after I put you in the situation last night, I thought of questions also,” she said sitting up, with her hand still in his, “I thought about how much ‘trust’ I’m putting into myself to allow you to make a decision, and how angry, frustrated, confused, mad, depressed, but most of all, I felt hurt! Knowing that my friend who I trusted to not question her loyalty or her judgment. Whom I just flat out trusted her to be my friend, with no questions asked, so you really want to know how I feel?”

He nodded bitterly.

“I feel abused and used, in how she used not only me but your friends, our friend to get to you. But most of all I felt disrespected by her, but more disappointed in you.”

“Why are you disappointed in me?” he said confused.

“Because I thought you were smart enough to come up with a decision with out meeting her behind my back, and kissing her again. What are you trying to prove, that you have to kiss someone in order to fall in love with them?”

“First of all, you told me to make a decision,”

“And you listened, but why is it this time you had to be the one to kiss her,” she said forcibly.

“I guess I wanted to see if something we had, might be there between Lucy and I.”

“I’m confused…if you knew we had something between us, why did you kiss her again?”

“To see if Lucy and I had the same thing we have,” he fought back.

"So if you found that something that we both shared, with Lucy. Would you have left me for her?" she said, being speechless by his reply.

"I don't know...maybe..."

“I’m sorry Ron, but I can’t go on anymore,” her eyes began to water. Taking in a deep breath to calm her emotions and her tears from falling.

“What do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?” He stood up from the floor, taking a step back looking at her.

“Yes, I trusted you to make the right decision, and for that I thank you for thinking about it, but going about it in the wrong way,” as she stood up from the chair, and wiped a tear from her eye.

“I chose you over her...you told me to make a decision,” he said placing his hand on her shoulder try to find answer from her.

She placed her hand on his face, “and you listened,” she gave him a soft kiss on the lips, “good-bye Ron.”

     I just stared at her, as she walked up the stairs crying. I couldn’t run to her and beg her to come back. Standing here, watching my life slip away, pieces by pieces, of my self slowly drifting and dying with her fallen tears. I know what I did was wrong, I shouldn’t have kissed her; I should have just figured it out with out any contact from her. I didn’t feel angry at Lucy or Hermione, I felt mad at myself, for screwing up twice. I walked to the bathroom and took a long cold shower letting everything that Hermione and I had drain away with the water trickling off my body. Misery seemed to be my best friend right now.

     I dried myself off, and wrapped a towel around my waist and walked to my room. On my way to my room I stopped outside of Hermione’s, I pressed my ear against the door. I could her hear her sobbing in her room, and for me to hear that I just broke down more inside. I walked into my dark deserted room, grabbed a boxer and just lied on my bed, trying to blank out the day.



     I awoke in the morning after getting my luggage ready to go back home today, a note lay on the table.


          Ron

     I’m sorry about what happened last night. But I’m not sorry about the decision I made. I hope that your holiday will be pleasant. Please try not to contact me during the holiday, as much as it hurts you about what happened. It really hurt me twice as much to admit it. Say hello to your parents for me.

                    Hermione


     After reading the note twice, I crumpled it up and threw it forcibly into the crackling flames of the fireplace and stormed out of the common room followed by my trunk. What a great holiday this is going to be.


A/N: Okay...there are good news and bad news...the good news is...this is the real ending! Sorry. The bad news is...I won't be able to continue till Dec. 17, 2004. Sorry. Please leave a review! I know I have to end on an unhappy note...but trust me...it can only get better and better. People go through tough relationships...and its only through the toughness that people learn.