Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hooray...no more flipping finals!! Thanks for being patient with me...I would like to acknowledge my Beta for this chapter, Lyra. So if it sounds crappy or looks funny, don't yell at her...you can yell at me! lol. Which I highly doubt that might happen! Oh well, on with the show...


     A week dragged by slowly as I stayed cooped up in my room. Dreading the day this holiday break would be over so I could see Hermione again. Christmas drew closer, slowly haunting me. Wasn’t I supposed to be happy, cheerful, excited, and not think about Hermione all day long, but dream about her every night? I hated waking up; not being able to see Hermione and spend the time in my room reading the book Lucy gave me. Hours pass by steadily, mocking me to get out and do something instead of slumping in my room. Two days before Christmas I decided to leave my cold dark room, and face the harsh cruel world without Hermione.

“Hey, look, Ronnikins actually left his room,” said George mockingly, eating his breakfast with the rest of the family.

“Yeah, it’s like a miracle or something,” replied Fred, slapping a hand dramatically to the side of his face.

“Boys, leave him alone,” said Mrs. Weasley defensively, putting sausages on Ron’s plate.

“Thanks Mum,” he said, grabbing a fork starting to eat slowly.

“Ron, how are you?” Bill asked, putting down his drink.

“I could be better,” he said sarcastically, playing with his food now.

“Ron, I’m sorry about what happened between you and Hermione,” Bill said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Well, I’m not,” said Ron resentfully, pushing his plate away from him.

“Ron, what’s gotten into you?” Ginny asked, breaking her conversation with Harry.

“You want to know?” He started to raise his voice as the family turned their attention to him. “It was my fault that she’s not with me anymore, I pushed her away by doing something stupid that I’ll regret for the rest of my life, okay!” Ron exclaimed, getting up from the table and walking out the door, leaving everyone in awe.

     I can’t believe my own family; they don’t know how much I hurt, or what the whole situation was. They can’t help me. I don’t know why I came home; I should have stayed at Hogwarts for the holiday, so I didn’t have to deal with all of this hassle from my family… of my personal life. In my anger and frustration at myself, I decided to go flying to set my mind free. Soaring in the air for minutes, letting all my regret and emotion leave me and float in the air, I soon spotted someone on the ground.

“Ron, come here…” called someone waving at him.

He touched the ground and held his broom while Chablis, Mae, Penelope and Ginny walked to him.

“Ron, we need to talk to you,” said Chablis as the other three followed behind her. “Is it okay?”

He gave them a nod.

“Would you mind if we sit here and talk?” said Mae, pointing to the shady area by the trees as they followed her.

Penelope conjured lawn chairs for everyone as they took a seat. “Well, Ginny decided that we should talk to you about your situation.”

He gave a nasty look at Ginny, who then quickly turned to look at Penelope. “Why?”

“I think you should hear it from a woman’s perspective about your situation, so let’s start from the beginning.”

“None of you understand how I feel, and no one can help me,” he said, crossing his hands in a surly manner in front of his chest.

“Men,” they said in unison, making him look up at the laughing girls.

“I don’t need this from my sisters,” Ron said, standing up and ready to walk away, but Ginny stopped him.

“Ron, we want to help you get over this depression stage,” she said calmly. He considered this and sat back down.

“So, can we start from the beginning?” said Mae as she sat up in her chair.

     I started to tell them from Quidditch practice how I first got the letter, then how I went to see Lucy. She gave me a book, and then she made a move on me. I continued on to tell them about the argument with Hermione. Then the morning with Harry that decided who I liked came after the argument. I felt ashamed about telling them what happened when I confronted Lucy again and how I kissed her. Moving on, I could see their reactions of “oh no’s” “why would you do that?” disappointment, shaking heads, and also a gasp here and there.

“Then she told me that I listened to her by making a decision instead of just coming to a conclusion without questioning the decision she gave me? And then without warning, she broke up with me and I couldn’t get her back. I felt it was too late. I couldn’t draw myself to run after her to beg for forgiveness. So I just stood there and watched her walk away crying,” he sighed as he watched his sisters wipe their eyes and sit back up looking at him, figuring out what to do next.
“Well, I guess there’s nothing we can do now,” said Chablis as she stood up, grasping her stomach and motioning the other sisters to follow her, which they did.

“Hello, where do think you’re going Ginny snapped at them, placing her hands on her hips with a nasty look on her face.

They turned around, laughed, and went to sit back down.

“Ginny, you have to get out of that pose,” said Penelope, trying to hold in her laughter. “Percy said you’re starting to look more like Mum when you do that.”

Ginny took a seat and crossed her arms and legs, feeling a bit embarrassed by Penelope’s comment. Ron just sat there waiting for an answer or a lecture from his sisters.

“I just have one thing to say before I get the worst lecture known to man,” Ron said, sitting back on his chair. “None of this will be said to anyone that’s not here listening.”

They nodded to his remark.

“Well, now that we have that covered, let’s start with Lucy,” said Mae, leaning back and patting her stomach.

“Did you make any excuses to Hermione to see Lucy?” Chablis asked.

“No, I never had to make an excuse to Hermione. I just got letters from Lucy to come and see her, and Hermione just said okay. Then I left.”

“When you got these letters, did you respond to it saying that you couldn’t come or just ignore them because you had other things to do?” questioned Penelope.

“I guess that I never replied to say that I wasn’t coming or that I couldn’t. I didn’t want to be a bad friend.” As he spoke, guilt came over him.

“So did these letters draw you away from spending time with Hermione?” Mae asked, glancing over at Ron, who was playing around with his hands.

He was hesitant to answer. “Well…yeah. I would get a letter and tell Hermione that I had to go see Lucy for something, but I would end up taking a long time because I would talk to Lucy.”

“And you didn’t think that by always leaving Hermione to see Lucy, she would feel that you were pulling away from her, or actually cheating on her with Lucy?” Chablis asked demandingly.

“Well, no…I knew it sort of bugged her that I did that, but I always found a way to make it up to her,” he said defensively.

“Like how, little brother?” said Mae, raising an eyebrow and watching Penelope, Chablis, and Ginny dumbstruck.

“No, it’s not what you’re thinking…I want to someday, but I would just walk with her around the school grounds and take her flying on my broom sometimes at night, stuff like that,” he said, looking at his sisters and sighing.

“That’s so romantic,” Penelope sighed, “Percy never did anything like that for me.”

Ron coughed a bit as he covered his mouth, "Bloody idiot never knew how to ride a broom any way," he muttered under his breath.

Everyone looked at her and laughed. “Poor Percy,” Chablis said, shaking her head, feeling sorry for her but more towards him.

“Okay, we’re slipping off the subject here,” announced Ginny, trying to calm the laughter.

“Sorry, Ginny. Well Ron, I think that when Hermione found out Lucy kissed you, she probably felt that you were cheating on her, because when you started to get those letters, you probably spent less time with her and more time with Lucy, right?” Mae said. Ron gave her a nod, defeated by the situation.

“But I wasn’t cheating on her,” the realization of what he said to Mae dawned on his face.

“But by making her feel that you were making up time with her, she probably felt you were. Do understand what I’m trying to say?”

He gave a nod, smiling sadly, and looked at the ground.

“Ron, don’t feel bad at yourself, you just have to know that your actions good or bad, as sincere as it may have been, does have consequences. You just have to learn how to deal with it and hope that it doesn’t happen again.” Chablis said sympathetically.

“You said you cared about Hermione and you knew that you were meant to be together before you kissed Lucy when you were at the lake. What really made you kiss Lucy?” said Mae as she watched her brother lift his head slightly.

He wiped his face and took a deep breath. “Truthfully, I wanted to kiss Lucy to see if there was really anything there between us, that if something would have happened between Hermione and me, I would have Lucy to fall back on.” He knew that he shouldn’t have said the last few words, feeling ashamed as he waited for their yelling.

Everyone looked at him with horror or a confused face until Ginny broke the silence, “Dog!” She rolled her eyes at him.

“What?”

“You heard me, if you and Hermione would have broken up, you would have gone out with Lucy just like that, not even caring about what Hermione and you have! You make me sick Ronald Weasley, I can’t believe you’re my brother!” she spat at him, as a nasty look crossed her face.

“Thanks for the guilt trip Ginny,” he said, shaking his head, “but like I told you, I didn’t feel anything for Lucy, Hermione came into my mind the whole time, that’s when I knew that I loved her, and that I could never be with anyone else. I still think that there’s hope for Hermione and I to be together,” he said wiping a tear from his face.

“So do you think that she’ll take you back?” Mae asked, wiping a tear and placing a hand on her stomach.

“I can only hope that she will, and that she still has the same feelings I have for her,” he said standing up.

“Well, I hope you both will be together again,” said Ginny, walking over to Ron and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

He whispered to her, “Thank you Ginny, for caring.” He pulled away, seeing a smile on her face.

“What are sisters for?”

“Thank you Penelope, Mae, and Chablis for talking to me about this, I feel a little better that I got it out,” he said sympathetically.

“You’re welcome, little brother,” Chablis said, then placed a hand on her stomach. “Let’s go back to the house, I’m hungry now.”

“Yeah, me too,” stated Mae, catching up to Chablis.

“Come on Ron, let’s go and eat,” suggested Ginny, grabbing his arm as they walked back to the house after Penelope made the lawn chairs disappear with her wand and joined them.

     I felt much better knowing that I should be careful with my actions and how I could lead people on. When we reached the house, my appetite came back to me as I took a seat next to Ginny, who sat next to Harry. He gave me a smile and I nodded back, smiling. I filled my plate with chips, pickles, and sandwiches, starting to chomp away at the food.

“I guess Ron got his appetite back,” chuckled Harry, shaking his head and watching Ron stuff a sandwich in his mouth.

“Chablis, what did you ladies do to him?” Charlie questioned, looking at Ron, who was gulping his drink quickly.

“We just talked,” said Chablis slyly, taking a sip of her drink.

Mae and Bill shook their heads, watching Ron reach for more food.

“Ron, do you know you eat like a pregnant woman?” said Bill, laughing. Mae took it defensively, giving him a slap on the arm.

“What?” Food dropped out of his mouth onto his plate.

Everyone laughed.

“That was gross Ron,” said Ginny, disgusted at the sight.

He swallowed his chewed food, saying, “Sorry about that,” then continuing eating at a fast pace.

“There’s Ron for you,” said Percy, shaking his head and turning his attention back to Penelope.

Ron felt taken by the comment and said, “Hey, Percy when’s the last time you did something romantic with Penelope, huh?”

“Er…on our honeymoon,” he said trying to find the words.

“And when was that, two months ago,” Ron said, dripping with sarcasm and allowing a smirk to appear. Percy’s face dropped.

“Ah, busted,” said Fred laughing.

“You’re in trouble now,” added George. Percy’s face turned red as Penelope looked at him for an answer.

“Thanks Ron, maybe now he’ll think of ways to appreciate his wife,” she said mockingly, giving him a kiss on his cheek. A sign of relief showing on Percy’s face, he entwined his hand into hers.

"Gross, I'm eating here," teased Ron, chuckling to himself recieving an elbow to his side by Ginny.

“I wonder who’s sleeping on the couch tonight,” said Fred, excusing himself from the table, followed by George.

“Thanks for lunch Mum, but we have to get back to work,” George said, pushing in his chair. “Time is Galleons.” With that, two loud crashes sounded and they were gone.

     After helping my mother clean up the table, I took a long nap. In my dream I could only think of Hermione. Even though I’m not her boyfriend, I still love her and always will. I just have to figure out a way to get her back!



Okay...so yeah...there ya go! Hope you all liked it...don't worry it will get better, if not then worst! lol. Leave a review...I miss talking with you all!