Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: I hope you all had a great Holiday! And yes, I am back! Ha Ha Ha Ha...I hope you all like this chapter! There is no real meaning to this chapter...I just thought it would be fun to add! lol. Well enjoy...


     Weeks have passed since the New Year, and have unfortunately started to feel sick, hyper, clammy, burning, and all different types of symptoms, Fred and George have made Harry and I test. It was a nightmare going through half of them. I kept reminding myself, do this because of Hermione or this is worth it for Hermione.

     I felt so sorry for Harry, for allowing himself to go through this, even though countless of times, I told him to stop and forget about it. But he told me that this was supposed to help get Hermione back, and I just agreed and continued to be a lab rat. Mum was sort of catching on to Harry, who always had to rush to the bathroom. Fred and George got evil at times and would deny us the antidote for some of their treats just to see how long the symptoms would last. I almost hexed them once because I kept sneezing and yellow gunk kept coming out of my nose every time and if I pinched my nose shut, it would either come out of my ears or my mouth, and that was even worse.



“Here you guys, try this one.” George said, handing them a red licorice wand.

“What does this do, make me gag something purple?” said Harry sarcastically, making Fred and George feel offended.

“Now Harry if you don’t want to do this, you don’t have to,” Fred reassured him, and Harry nodded.

Ron took the wand and examined it, “So what does this do?” he said, and then sniffed it.

Fred said, “It looks like harmless candy right”

George added, “”if you eat it, you should wait a couple of seconds”

“”then it’s suppose to make you drowsy”

“”and soon you’ll pass out”

“”you’ll wake up with the flu”

“”the cool thing about this the counter curse is”

“”the blue licorice wand, and it cures those”

“”that have the flu or fever”

“”so in a way of selling jokes, it comes with its on antidotes!” Fred said.

“We’re geniuses, right Fred, and we can sell it less than most potions because they don’t want to eat candy,” said George grinning, “the only thing is we don’t know how long a person stays passed out, that’s why we have to time it.”

“Ready?” said Fred holding a small stopwatch.

“Cheers Harry.” said Ron dully, lifting his licorice wand.

     Once I took the first bite, I could taste the sweetness of the candy, it tasted just like a normal licorice wand. After a few chews, sweat was all over my face and my sight became blurry. I could see Harry wiping his face and shaking his head wildly, as my legs started to give way and buckled under me. I lay on the ground, on my side trying to straighten out my vision, I squinted my eyes continuously, until darkness filled my head.

“Ron…Ron…are you alright?” he heard someone say.

“What?” mumbled Ron, who started to rub his throbbing head.

“You passed out for nearly two hours.” said someone else, still clueless who it was.

“Here eat this.” The first person said giving him something to chew on.

Ron slowly chewed on the piece of candy as he snapped out of his dilemma, and demanded, “What happened to me?”

“Ron, you fainted, like we said.” Fred replied as he looked over at Harry, who sat on the ground, smiling.

“We gave the blue licorice and you came back to your senses,” George added, walking over to them.

“Well, it’s not too bad. It’s been almost two hours since you moved. Harry moved first. Both of you looked stiff as board but still remained breathing normally.”

“I would say this passes another Weasley test,” said George placing the candy back into the container.

“You’re right there, George!”

“Okay, can we go home now?” asked Ron, trying to stand on his own.

“Yup, you best be doing that,” said George, “Oh and one thing before you go,” he reached into his pocket, and George tossed each of them a bag full of coins. “Here’s your payment, for helping out and being our ‘lab rats’.”

“It also has interest just because, we were sort of pleased that Mum didn’t yell at us for doing this to both of you,” added Fred.

“Well we’ll have to give some credit to Ginny,” said Harry, “she’s been trying to keep your Mum busy doing stuff around the house and actually spending ‘quality time’ with her.”

“Yeah,” said Ron, “Thanks for paying us, see you at home,” he headed towards the fireplace, following Harry.
“Nope, were going to our apartment, we don’t want to hear more of Mum’s ranting.” said Fred laughing.

“That and think she might get mad, if she found out where you got the money,” replied George.

“Well, we will see you later.” said Ron, as he grabbed some Floo Powder and walked into the fireplace, shouting, “The Burrow,” as green flames erupted, making him disappear.

     When we got back to the Burrow, we found Ginny talking to Mum, but she quickly ended the conversation when Harry rolled out of the fireplace. She rushed over to him and pulled him into a passionate kiss, but was soon interrupted by Bill. Lately Harry and Ginny haven’t had much private time to spend with each other. The Weasley men would always find a way to interrupt them and their bonding by either sitting in between them or always going where they would want to go. I felt sorry for them. No privacy at all, I guess their still to overprotective about Ginny, since she’s the baby and the only girl.

     We then went up stairs to check out how much we got paid. I sat on my bed and emptied the pouch. I counted about 200 Galleons. I never had so much money in my life. I scooped up the money in my hand dropped it back down on my bed. I knew Fred and George were rich, but I didn’t know they were this rich. My eyes grew steadily wider as I could think of the things I could buy with it for Hermione.


“So Ron, what are you going to do with your money?” Harry asked, placing the pouch on his trunk.

“I’m going to get something for Hermione, that’s totally going to knock her off her feet.” said Ron, tossing the pouch in the air, hearing the coins cling.

“Mm hmm…” said Ginny, tapping her foot impatiently, “I’m waiting,” sticking out her hand.

“Sorry about that Ginny.” said Ron, pulling out ten Galleons from his pouch and handed them to Ginny.

“Thank you Ron, and you?” she said turning her attention to Harry.

Harry walked up to her and gave her ten Galleons also, “Here you go my dear” he said smiling, and gave her a light kiss on the lips.

“Thank you,” she said grinning, “You two better be pack, before Mum has a fit that you both weren’t packed yet,” she walked out the room.

“So what are you going to do, when you see Hermione tomorrow on the train?” Harry asked, as he fell onto his bed.

“I’m going to say hi to her and hope that she doesn’t ignore me,” Ron said, also lying on his bed.

     I can’t wait to see Hermione again. Through out this whole holiday, the only thing I could think of was her. The only reason I felt doing anything was because of her. I hope that when I see her tomorrow she won’t ignore me. I just feel so excited and nervous, just thinking about seeing her again.


A/N: Thanks for reading my story! Please leave a review...great to be back! I'll update again later this week before the New Year! SUFFER till I return! he he he...