Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +


“Ron, Harry, Neville, wake up!” Ginny shouted, trying to wake the boys up. “Mum said wake up!” as she tried to push Ron off his bed. She whipped out her wand from her robes in retaliation, “That’s it, ‘Wingardium Leviosa’,” buckets of water started floating from outside their bedroom towards Ron’s, Harry’s and Neville’s bed, and then without warning-

“Aahhh, I’m all soaked!” screamed Neville first, looking up at the bucket levitating above him.

“I’m all wet, but how did it happen?” Harry asked in shock. “Where did it come from?” He stared at Neville with a bucket floating over his bed.

“Ginny!” yelled Ron. “I’m going to get you!” With that remark Ginny ran for her room being chased by Ron. “Don’t even think about going in your room,” the door slammed shut in front of his face.

“What’s wrong?” Hermione said, putting her hair up in a bun, looking in the mirror. She turned to look at the door, Ginny was on the ground breathing heavily and laughing at the same time.

“I woke the boys up with a bucket of water!” she said, trying to hold the door closed, from the person on the other side, who seemed to make the door rumble and break open.

“Ginny open this door! Now!” Ron shouted, pounding on the door with his fist. “I mean it, Ginny open the door!”

“I’ll get it Ginny,” Hermione said walking towards the door, as Ginny got off the floor and started to walk toward her bed. “Can I help you, Ron?” she said opening the door, with a look on her face that she didn’t want to be disturbed.

     Wow, she looks hot. Can I say that? I think I just did. She just stood there holding the door open wearing Capri pants with a fitted baby blue shirt that had a V-neck cut. For some reason I couldn’t move my feet from this spot, or even remember why I was in front of this door. The anger I had towards Ginny just left. I just stood there gaping at her.

“Ron?” Hermione said while her hand came up towards Ron’s chin. “You might want to keep that closed.” Her hand lifted to gently close Ron’s open mouth. “Nice boxers” as the door closed in front of him.

     What just happened? Did I just stand here looking like an idiot? Shake it off. Maybe I should get dressed, as I slapped myself in the head. I can’t believe I just chased Ginny with nothing but boxers and a mesh shirt on. I walked to my room the only thing that kept passing through my mind was how sexy, no, elegant Hermione looked. Wait a minute, am I attracted to her? That can’t be, were best friends. Is it a crime?

“Ron did you get Ginny or what?” Harry questioned pulling a t-shirt over his head.

“Er…no, she got to her room and slammed the door before I got there,” said Ron still puzzled about what happen just a few moments ago.

“You should get dressed Ron,” suggested Neville. “We cleaned up the water and changed the sheets. Ron, are you alright?”

“Huh…oh yeah I’ll be fine. Give me a minute, okay?” as he started to find some clothes to put on. “I’ll meet you guys downstairs. I have to get dressed.”

     As I got ready to go down to breakfast, I could hear several people popping in the living room. So I quickly hurried to get ready, but I still couldn’t get that picture of Hermione out of my mind. She had her hair up, so that her bushy hair wasn’t in her face, leaving small bangs on the side of her face. Her body was amazing like a perfect sculpture, great curves from the hips to the shoulders. For some reason, I can’t understand how I’m physically attracted to her.

     When I got downstairs, I was blown away by how many people were at the Burrow. Charlie was home from Romania, he’s a trainer there, and he also brought his wife Chablis. They were married last year, in Romania; they wanted it to be a small thing. Charlie finished his studies on dragons and now owns a few dragons himself. Then there was Bill, who still worked at Gringott’s Bank as a bank agent who does trips around the world going to different Wizarding Banks for meetings and check-ups.

     Then there was Percy, I guess he finally came around, he also brought Penelope Clearwater, his fiancé. They’re going to be married some time this year, and both work at the Ministry of Magic. Percy’s the new assistant to the Minister and Penelope works in the Wizengamot Administration Services with her father; Peter Clearwater. Then there were the twins, dumb and dumber. Fred and George’s Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes Shop has quadrupled their sales and profits, they are both becoming very popular and sales some of their items at Zonko’s as a way of not putting them out of business, and since it gave them the opportunity to start their company.


“Mum, is there any food left or what?” asked Ron as he reached the tables outside the house since it was too small in the Burrow.

“Yes, Ronald. Right here,” Mrs. Weasley said while piling Ron’s plate with delicious food. “Now, tuck in dear. There you go.”

“Thanks, Mum,” mumbled Ron with his mouth full of food.

“Can I have your attention everyone?” Charlie shouted, making everyone stop the commotion to look at him. Charlie stood behind Chablis then started to speak again. “My Lovely wife and I are going to have a baby!”

Congratulations, smiles, hugs, cheers, and tears came from everyone.

“Oh how lovely! Grandchildren!” exclaimed Mrs. Weasley wiping way her tears as she made her way to congratulate Charlie and Chablis.

“Thanks Mum,” said Chablis as she hugged Mrs. Weasley. “We don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl, but the baby is due sometime in late March or early April.”

“Well done, son!” Mr. Weasley said while giving Charlie a hug.

“Thanks Dad, or should I say ‘Grandpa’!” laughed Charlie.

“George! Now the corruption begins!” Fred said in a whisper so that Mrs. Weasley couldn’t hear.

“You two are such a bad influence and the baby’s not even here!” scolded Ron, shaking his finger at Fred and George.

“Please don’t scold us Uncle Ronniekins!” pleaded George. “We’ll be better Uncles.” Both stood up laughing and walked towards the Burrow.

“Man, I hate when they call me that,” said Ron looking at his breakfast, poking his food with his fork.

“Mate, get over it.” Harry said, giving Ron a pat on the back.

“Yeah, I guess your right.” Ron said, as he continued playing with his food.

     The next few days had been non-stop talk about Charlie and Chablis’s baby. Mrs. Weasley was so excited that she kept thinking of names for the baby, clothes, etc. etc. Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and I were getting tired of the baby news so we spent most of the time outside playing Quidditch or visiting Mad Eye Moody. Three days after the news started to die down a bit, a surprise was coming this way.



“Harry, Harry, wake up Mum’s hurt and we have to hurry up and get downstairs!” shouted Ron while shaking wildly at Harry.

“I’m up, I’m up, so lets go,” said Harry grabbing his shirt and raced out of bed to follow Ron out the room. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, they heard-

“Surprise! Happy Birthday, Harry!” everyone shouted. But soon stared awkwardly and chuckled at Harry.

“Uh, Harry I think you should go up stairs and get more clothes on!” Ginny suggested, still trying to hold back a laugh, seeing Harry in his boxers and shirt.

“I think I should go do that,” as Harry raced back up the stairs.

“Ouch, why you go and do that for?” Ron said while rubbing his head which hurt from Hermione whacking him in the back of the head.

“That’s for not letting him put enough clothes on,” said Hermione crossing her arms in front of her chest.

“Sorry, okay?” as Ron soon received looks of disappointment from his parents and Hermione.

     Harry came down in a minute and the party was out of control. Mostly everyone that Harry knew came to the Burrow to wish him a Happy 17th Birthday. As more and more people came, I had to direct people to go outside to sit and eat. There was so much food and a lot of people; I could see on Harry’s face that he was really happy. Fred and George popped by for a little bit just to give Harry his present and to eat a bit before going off to work. Fred and George gave Harry all their new items in the store so that Harry could test in out for them back at Hogwarts. Remus came by to wish Harry a Happy Birthday also; he gave Harry more pictures of when he, James, and Sirius were back at Hogwarts, and also a couple of pictures of his parents when they were his age. As the party soon died down, and everyone started to leave, Harry wanted to go for a walk with me.

“Thanks, Ron, for letting your parents throw me a party, it was one of the best times of my life!” Harry said giving Ron a pat on his back.

“You're welcome, so what did you want to talk about?”

“You want to go flying for a while?” suggest Harry as he started walking towards the shed which held all the brooms.

“Sure,” he said catching up to Harry. Ron grabbed his Cleansweep, and flew off to catch up.

     It was always great to fly. Seeing Harry do stunts and loops in the air made him look like he was alive and free. I finally reached him; he had a frustrated look on his face.

“Ron, can I tell you something?” Harry asked while trying not to look at Ron. “I hope you won’t get mad, but, I really like Hermione.”

     At that point my heart just dropped. My best friend likes Hermione. Our best friend, but how can that be? I like Hermione, we both can’t like her at the same time. I feel so mad and disrespected. Like someone just let loose a huge spider to torture me and then just stood there laughing.

“That’s great Harry,” Ron said trying to feel happy for him, with a fake smile.

“Thanks Ron, I knew you’d understand. I was going to ask her out tonight, but I wanted to ask you, to make sure it’s alright. Hope this won’t change our friendship,” Harry said with a look of relief on his face.

“Why would I mind? My two best friends are going out with each other. There’s no reason why we still can't be friends,” said Ron as he put his right hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“Thanks, well, I guess its time we head back to the Burrow,” Harry said, making his way back to the ground.

     I just stayed floating for a moment, thinking about what happened. My two best friends going with each other. Things are going to be different. But I thought I had feelings for Hermione, not Harry. Now look at me, I’m getting jealous over my best friend. This is going to be a tough school year.