Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Happy New Year!! lol. Well I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year!! See you all next year! Enjoy!


“Harry, where are suppose to be?” Ron questioned as they walked down a dark corridor.

They passed a few spiders webs and scurrying rats, in the dimly lit walk way.

“Can we hurry up and get there,” Ron said, feeling a bit scared of his surroundings.

“Ron, get a hold of your self, were almost there,” Harry reassured him, walking in front of Ron with his lit wand following the path while glancing at this Marauder’s Map.

“Well can we pick up the pace, I feel something crawling on me,” Ron said wiping frantically at his robes.

“Just don’t scream like a girl, okay,” mocked Harry walking up to closed door.

Harry opened the door and walked inside revealing different ingredients along the cabinet walls and different size cauldron, flasks, bottles, and already made potions.

“Okay, search around for the ingredients as fast as possible and put them in the bag, quietly,” said Ron walking towards a cabinet full of insects and plants in jars.

“Look Ron, this one has a monkey’s heart in it,” Harry said tapping at the jar watching the heart float around.

“Ewe, this is what a gillyweed looks like, I can’t believe you ate that Harry,” said Ron disgusted, looking at the plant in the jar, squirming around. Harry came up from behind him and looked at it.

“Yeah, well it tastes worst then what it looks like. Come on we only got half the ingredients,” said Harry walking back to the other cabinets.

     I scrolled my eyes across a white plant that we needed and placed it in the bag, and then searched for powder root of Asphodel, Aconite, powder horn of Bicorn and a few other ingredients that I never heard of but followed the list.

“Ron, do you have all the ingredients on your list?” Harry asked, walking over to him holding a few bottles and a brass cauldron.

“Yeah, come on let's go, this place is starting to freak me out,” stated Ron quietly putting the ingredients in the bag.

     We both locked the door behind us and made our way out of the dungeons. It was so scary and creepy down there, I don’t know how Professor Snape can handle living there. Well we finally made it out and it seemed as if no students or teachers have woken up, so we made our way towards my common room to stash the ingredients there until we meet up with the person Ginny suggested.

     Good thing Hermione wasn’t up yet, because I didn’t want her to walk in on me and Harry hiding illegal possession in our common room. After we hid the bag in a closet, we walked to the Great Hall, luckily some students were up and eating. We ate quickly so that we had time to complete the beginning stages of our plan.


     After morning classes, during my break I caught up with Harry in Moaning Myrtle’s lavatory, waiting for this person that Ginny suppose to bring to help us with our plan.


“Where the bloody hell is she?” Ron questioned, pacing back and forth in front of the sinks.

“Don’t worry she’ll be here, just calm down," Harry suggested sitting on the floor watching Ron pace back and forth.

“If she’s late, I’m going to bloody hell lose it,” Ron said angry and frustrated.

“Ron cool off, okay I’m here,” said Ginny walking in with a girl next to her.

“Who’s your friend,” said Harry coolly.

“This is Claire, she’s in Ravenclaw,” Ginny said turning to a girl with black hair in a ponytail, that had dark brown eyes, around the same height as Ginny.

“Hi, so do you have the stuff?” Claire said looking at the bag on the ground.

“Oh right…” Harry said standing up holding onto the bag, and handing it to her, “here you go.”

Claire looked in the bag, and examined everything in there, “good to see that you have everything,” she said with a nod looking in the bag.

“Ginny, do you think she can do this?” Ron asked quietly looking at Ginny with a puzzled look.

“I'll have you know, that I am very skilled in the art of potion making. I've invented many potions before I’ve attended Hogwarts, and yes this potion seems to be quite easy, it may take time to conjure,” she said closing the bag and swinging over her shoulder.

“Sorry I asked,” said Ron feeling a bit embarrassed, “so how long do you think this is going to take?”

“Five days tops, if you want it done right,” stated Claire.

“Great,” Ron said, scratching behind his neck.

“Ron…” said Ginny looking at him then to Claire.

“Oh sorry,” he said handing her fifteen Galleons, “try not to mention this to anyone.”

“Alright,” Claire said taking the coins and placing them in her robes, “I’ll give it to Ginny when I’m done.”

“See you both later, we’re going to be late for Potions,” said Ginny.

Harry walked over to her and gave her a soft kiss on the lips, “thank you Ginny,” he said slightly blushing.

“You're welcome,” she whispered in his ear, and gave him a quick kiss before leaving with Claire out of the lavatory.

“Harry I think you should take a cold shower before we head to class,” teased Ron laughing at Harry.

“Shut up Ron,” said Harry giving Ron a punch on the arm, “come on we’re going to be late for Charms.”


     A few days passed as Hermione and I drifted apart from talking or even making eye contact, but I knew she was looking at me when I least expected. Ginny received the potion yesterday from Claire. I examined it over and over again, and it looked perfect. Harry even said it looked just the right color and texture to it, and I felt ready that we should conduct the plan tonight.

“You both ready?” said Ron from inside the Room of Requirements.

The room was filled with soft color material streamed from every corner of the room, in the middle was a small round table, contained with snacks and drinks while on the out skirts of the table there were hundreds of flat pillows along the floor and ground of various sizes.

“Yeah, I have to get Hermione from the Library, in ten minutes and bring her here for a 'girl’s night out',” said Krystel grabbing her school bag from the side of table.

“And I wait in here until both of them come back,” said Ginny sitting on a chair rapping her finger on the table.

“Good,” said Ron checking off everything in his head, “and you two?” turning to Harry and Neville.

“We’ll be quiet standing in that closet, trying not to make any noise and feel that we don’t exist,” said Harry mimicking his speech that he said years ago, while Neville just nodded.

“Right you are,” said Ron feeling even more nervous as a sweat dropped from the side of his head.

“Ron,” snapped Ginny.

“Chill!” Everyone shouted at Ron. He jumped back in shock which made him stumble and fall on a pile of pillows on the floor.

Everyone laughed.

“Thanks,” Ron said sarcastically feeling a bit embarrassed, “well let’s get to our places then.”

“I’ll be back,” said Krystel walking towards the door.

     I got up with the help of Harry and Neville, who couldn’t stop laughing. I pushed them towards the closet, and shoved them forcibly in. We used Fred and George’s “Extendable Ears” to listen to the conversation. Five minutes passed as we stood cramped in that closet, my leg started to fall asleep. We could hear the door finally open, as I knew that Krystel brought Hermione in the room.

     At first they started to chat while I heard clinging sounds from Ginny who grabbed the Butterbeers that we left for them. Now all we had to do was sit and wait for Hermione to finish drinking her drink, and wait for Ginny to ask the question when she’s finished so we can come out to confront her. The rambling and laughing went on for almost a half an hour, and then finally Ginny started to speak again.


Ginny placed her bottle on the floor next to her and began to speak, “Hermione, what part of a man's body do you like?”

Hermione startled a bit at the question and started to think, “I love a man that has tight abs and smooth muscular chest,” she said with wide eye picturing the image.

“Oh really, I like Harry’s rock hard abs and his tight butt,” added Ginny, opening another Butterbeer. “Why who’s abs are you picturing Hermione?”

With out hesitation Hermione spoke, “Ron’s.”

Krystel gasped at her answer, but Ginny’s Butterbeer sprayed out of her mouth and onto the pillows left of her.

“Excuse me,” said Krystel stunned. Hermione looked at them puzzled.

“I said Ron.”

     When I heard Hermione say my name, I charged out of the closet looking at her wide eye, as she screamed moving backwards with a frightening look on her face.

“Ron what are you doing here?!” Hermione screamed at him, as he walked up to her.

“Hermione don’t be mad, but I wanted to know, I had to know,” said Ron in a calm tone walking slowly towards her.

“What do you want to know?”

“Everything,” he said stopping only a few feet from her, when her reached into his pocket pulling out a small vile, “this is Veritaserum,” holding it firmly in front of him.

“I know what that is Ron, but why do you have it, did Lucy make it for you?” Hermione asked confused staring at the vile in his hand.

“No, she didn’t…a girl Claire did.”

“And who is she, your new girlfriend,” she spat at him.

“No she’s Ginny’s classmate, but I have this for one reason,” he said opening the vile and drank all its content. “So that I can know the truth and for you to know the truth, about everything.”

“But I didn’t drink any,” she said slightly confused.

“Hermione, I put some in your Butterbeer before you came in,” said Ginny guiltily looking down, “please forgive me Hermione?” Harry walked over to her and embraced her.

“Okay, so you made me take Veritaserum,” she said looking up at Ron still standing, “fine I want to ask you something?”

Ron nodded nervously.

She gulped and took a deep breath,” Why did you really kiss Lucy?”

Ron couldn’t control his thought as the potion seemed to talk for him, “I kissed Lucy because I felt that if something between us were to happen. I knew that I could fall back on Lucy, because I wanted to take the easy way out of our relationship.”

“And…”

“I couldn’t put myself through it, because I didn’t want to take the easy way out, I wanted to be with you and by the time I realized that. I knew it was to late to be with you by telling the truth. I didn’t want to lie to you. I wanted to be honest with you,” Ron said calmly, taking in a deep breath.

“Okay, so you want to be honest,” she said raising her tone a little, “when we were back at the Burrow, some one put a sticking gag on my things which made me stick to anything that touched me,” as she began to stand up, “who did it?”

Ron wanted to hold in the words but it flew out, “Harry and I did that as a prank on you and Ginny,” as his hand flew over his mouth.

“So you and Ron had that prank for me and Hermione!” Ginny shouted at Harry who just looked stunned as he received a punch in the arm.

“Sweetheart that hurt,” said Harry rubbing his arm, “thanks Ron.”

“It’s the potion you idiot,” snappd Ron looking at Harry with a sorry look. “Fine Hermione, you want to play like that. That time when I asked you if you think I was sexy, do you still think that I am?”

“Yes,” she said closing her eyes not wanting to see his reaction.

“I knew it,” he said with a wide grin on his face.

“Okay,” she said crossing her arms. “Can we get on with this little charade?”

“What’s the deal with that guy that you met on vacation, what happen between you two and from the beginning without hiding any details?” he said looking into her brown eyes as she spoke calmly.

“His name is Max Bond; I met him at a convention that I went to. I talked to him for hours about his practice and his interest in the medical field. So we talked, and talking led to dating. And dating him I felt safe, happy and sort of missing something.”

“So what happened between you two, do you like him, did he kiss you?”

“We went out for lunches and dinners together, and yes you could say that I liked him. And he did kiss me...”

Ron felt terrible about what he just heard, “And…”

“And what,” she spat back.

“Did you feel anything for him?” he said as a tear fell from his eye, feeling that he lost.

Hermione looked down for a moment and just gazed at him, letting a tear trickle from her eye falling down her face and dropped to the floor before she answered, “No…”

“Why?” he asked walking up to her, wiping a tear off her face gently with his hand.

“Because it’s like what you said to me, I only could see you in my mind. The whole time I was with him, I felt as though I was with you, but when he kissed me I tried so hard to push you out and just concentrate on me and him. But I couldn’t,” as tears started to steadily flow from her watery eyes.

“Because,” he said holding her head with his hand and wiping a tear with his thumb, as he gazed into her eyes.

“Because I love you…” she said softly thinking about what she just said, “I…I love you.”

     I just beamed at her as she said those words. I leaned in slowly closing the space between us as our lips gently touched, her hand started to crawl up my waists as my hands lifted her chin slowly upwards, deepening our kiss passionately.

Ron pulled away slowly from her gazing at her, as she opened her eyes slowly, “tell me you felt something?”

She looked up at him and just flung her arms around his neck pulling him down for another kiss. Applause from their friends seemed to break out.

“It’s about time,” said Harry clapping wildly at them. “The truth’s uncovered,” Ron and Hermione blushed in front of them, for it was the second time that they had to be matched.

“The next time we have to do this, you both need to pay us,” said Krystel wiping away her tears, as she stood next to Neville clapping and smiling at them.

“Ron next time don’t screw up, and Hermione I’m glad you came around, my brother is a good person, slow but good,” Ginny said walking up to Hermione giving her a hug, “and can you please forgive me for tricking you?”

Hermione pulled out of the hug still embracing Ginny, “of course I forgive you, or is that the potion talking,” she said with a smirk.

“Okay you three,” Neville butted in, “its time we go before Ron and Hermione give us detention with Snape,” he teased shuttering at the thought.

“Yeah, well hurry it up,” said Ron teasing as they walked out of the room, “now where were we,” pulling Hermione towards him.

“I think right about here,” she said pulling his shirt down towards her as their lips connected tenderly. Ron unexpectedly picked Hermione up in his arms, holding her back and legs which made Hermione jump.

“I haven’t been like this for a long time,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck, as he walked towards the open door.

“I missed you so much Hermione,” he said walking out of the doorway and closing the door with his foot.

“I missed you too Ron,” giving him a kiss.

     I carried her all the way to our common room, up the mysterious changing staircase, through Snuffles' portrait.

“Ron let’s talk some more,” she said motioning to the couch. He laid her down gently on the couch as he took a seat next to her.

     She took a deep sigh as she leaned her head on my shoulder. I felt so happy and a little bit uncomfortable. So I moved to the side and rested my back along the side of the couch. She climbed on top of my lap and placed her back on my chest as her head rested on my shoulder gazing into the fire.

She grabbed his arms and wrapped it around her, “I miss doing stuff like this with you,” she said turning her head to look at him.

“I miss doing stuff like this also,” he said leaning into kiss her.

She pulled away slowly and then sighed happily looking at the flaming fire, “Ron, what did you do over your holiday?” She asked rubbing his arms.

“Well I stayed looked up in my room for about a week,”

“Really?”

“Yeah, the whole break up was eating me inside and I couldn’t bear to see my family giving me a lecture.”

“I felt the same way, but my parents forced me to either get out and go with them, or sit in a counseling session.”

“Don’t remind me, Ginny made my new sister-in-laws attack me with the worst lecture known to man.”

“Oh Ron you poor thing,” she said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"What happened between you and that Max guy?" he asked, squeezing her in his arms.

"I decided to break it off the next day after that kiss. I felt uncomfortable being around him when I decided I loved you," she concluded as he kissed the top of her head.

“So what did you end up doing over the break?” He asked, rocking her gently in his masculine arms.

“Well besides the whole thing with Max, I decided to apply for a Muggle school after Hogwarts as a small thing; you know to get the best of both worlds,” she said feeling excited.

“That sounds great, Honey,” giving her a kiss on her forehead.

“Thanks,” she said giving him a kiss on the lips, which grew intimate.

     We sat there on the couch talking all night about our holiday, and how my whole plan took place. In a way, I was glad that the Veritaserum wore off before she mentioned anything about Fred and George; I think I would have made that one slip out to easily. We sat and talked, and kissed all night, and then slowly feel asleep in each others arms.



A/N: Wouldn't you think this would be a good ending?! I think so! So with that...you all have a pleasant and safe New Year! SUFFER till I return!