Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Okay people, the last chapter was not a fake ending. It was a question...if you didn't read it! And I would usually say that it is the end in my Author's note. Well here's more of my wonderful story...Enjoy!!


The timing couldn’t be any better. N.E.W.T.s only seemed months away, the Quidditch Cup seemed to be in the bag for Gryffindor, and my relationship with Hermione couldn’t be any happier. The end of January rolled around, and Gryffindors’ last match against Ravenclaw was today.

“Honey, how much more make-up do you have to put on?” Ron teased while flipping pages through a Quidditch Magazine.

“Ron, you want me to look my best for you, don’t you?” Hermione called through the bathroom door.

“Yes dear,” he said flipping another page and mumbled to him self bitterly, “sorry I asked.”

The bathroom door swung open, “I’m done, are you ready?” she asked walking over to the table to get her bag.

“One second dear,”

I concentrated on a man doing a blocking technique for the Quaffle, after it finished I closed the magazine and threw it on the small table in front of me. I stood up from the couch stretching my arms turning around to look at her. I quickly dropped my arms stunned at the sight.

Ron walked towards her with a smirk on his face grabbing her hand to gently kiss it, “you look radiant, honey,” he said in a loving tone.

“Thank you,” Hermione said with a hint of redness under her thinly applied make-up. “Why did you kiss my hand when you could kiss me?” she asked with a pout.

“I would want to damage the masterpiece,” he said looking at her glowing face, “come on I’m starving,” entwining their fingers.

We walked hand and hand down the stairs and hallway to the Great Hall. As we walked, I kept glancing at Hermione from time to time. When she would catch me staring at her, I would either put on a quick smile or turn my attention to the ugly stone ceiling. I loved the way that she swayed her hips and how her hair seemed to flow effortlessly commanded by the wind and her every movement. After a few glances and some look a ways, I could tell she was getting a bit irritated. She pulled my arm back and stepped in front of me.

“Ron is there something wrong with me or something on my face, because you’re starting to freak me out with the way you’re looking at me,” she said with her free hand on her hip, glaring at him.

“Hold still for a moment,” he said lifting his hand up to her face as her eyes watched his hand closing in by her eyelashes as he leaned in, their lips grazed each other a bit moist but satisfying.

She didn’t feel taken by my kiss as her free hand gently clutched under my chin, as I slipped my hand by her eye, softly behind her neck massaging her neck with my fingertips tenderly. She squeezed my hand slightly as she got excited a bit, as my hand started to fill a bit numb. We stood kissing in the hallway, I knew someone had to walk by and split us apart soon, I just wished it was someone else.

“Look who we have here,” sniggered a foul voice behind them, “isn’t it Weaselby and Mudblood, our Head Boy and Girl, showing a disgusting inappropriate behavior in the hallway.”

Hermione and I broke apart staring at Draco Malfoy and his gang of cronies, which consists of Crabbe, Goyle, Parkinson, Peters, and Kuhn. All of them had a delighted and evil smirk on their face. I stood there raging and boiling with anger inside because of his remark. But Hermione was the first to speak.

“Malfoy, what is wrong with you? Can’t you keep your slimy ferret mouth shut for more than five seconds? No one gives a damn what you think or say!” Hermione yelled at Malfoy with such force that the whole hall seemed to stop and see what was going on.

Malfoy looked like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was, but he stood his ground. He walked up to her casually as his cronies followed forward, “You filthy little mud…” Before Malfoy could finish what he was saying Ron had pushed Hermione on the side and punched Malfoy squarely on the nose, causing him to bleed furiously.

“No one talks to my girlfriend like that!” Ron said gaining fury in his veins, as he shook his right hand wildly hiding the pain.

Pansy drew her wand and muttered something to Draco as his nose stopped bleeding, and seemed to be unbroken, standing erect. Draco had rage filling his eyes staring at Ron, “I feel sorry for you Weaselby, that you had to stoop so low to fall in love with a Mudblood,” he said with an evil look on his face then turned to Hermione who clenched her fist.

“I feel pity for you Malfoy,” Hermione spat with a clenched fist, “that you had climb in a swamp to find that tramp to fall in love with you,” as a smirk appeared broadly.

Pansy felt taken by that remark and pointed her wand in Hermione’s direction leaving a close gap, between the tip of her wand to her nose, but Hermione didn’t flinch. “You’ll pay for those words you filthy mu…” but was cut off by someone next to her.

Ginny held her wand touching Pansy’s cheek, with daggering eyes staring at her, “I think you should put that down don’t you think?” she questioned, daggering her gaze at Pansy.

“I think she was about to say that she was leaving now,” said Krystel pointing her wand at Goyle, while Harry had his wand pointing at Malfoy, with Neville staring at Crabbe and Kuhn with his wand, and Luna with her wand at Peter’s back.

“I think that’s about right,” added Harry motioning his wand in a direction to leave.

“Have a nice match today, I hope you land in the hospital wing, paralyzed,” Malfoy sneered sarcastically as he turned to the left and walked away from them with his cronies following him.

After Malfoy and his cronies left, everyone stashed their wand back into their robes, to not draw more attention. We walked to the Great Hall to eat breakfast. Hermione and I talked about the incident before they showed up. Ten minutes passed as I quickly ate, and then stopped feeling full and pleasant looking at my clean plate.

Ron tapped Hermione, “Hey, honey do I have anything in my teeth,” he said leaning forward showing his teeth to her as she put on a disgusting look.

“Ron, you do have a little something,” she said pointing a finger to his mouth leaning in to pull his chin towards her for a kiss.

“This…is…nice…hon…ey…,” he said in between kisses.

“You…taste…like…hon…ey…,”she replied still kissing him and smiling. While they were kissing, footsteps could be heard behind them.

“Harry,” called a boy.

“Hey, what can I do for you boys and Penny,” said Harry turning his attention from Ginny to his Quidditch team and giving them a nod.

“We’re just psyched that’s all for today’s match,” said Jason excitedly. His team mates next to him smiled and nodded in agreement.

“Great, so I guess you all want to go down the pitch early,” said Harry with a grin.

“Yeah, we kind of do,” replied Spencer.

“Well, Ginny you ready,” he said turning to her as she nodded, “so let’s go then, Ron come on,” standing up from the bench.

Ron still kissing Hermione, “five minutes,” stumbled out his mouth.

“Ron, don’t make me go over there and pry you off,” said Harry getting a bit tense.

Hermione lifted her hand, motioning them to leave with out him.

“Hermione come on,” pleaded Ginny.

Hermione broke from their kiss with a deadly glare at them, which made Harry and Ginny, as well as the Quidditch team shutter.

“My mistake,” Harry apologized, for even mentioning it.

“I have to go,” Ron said giving her kiss, “love you.”

“Love you too honey,” she said watching him get up, “good luck.”

“Thanks,” he said giving her a quick kiss, then walked away waving.

When the team arrived at the locker room, we changed into our Quidditch uniforms. When the girls finally arrived in the meeting room, Harry stood up to make his boring, long, irritating, lecture to us.

“Is everyone ready for today’s match against Ravenclaw?!” Harry shouted, getting his team pumped up.

Shouts of agreement echoed through the room.

“Well, we all know that the Ravenclaw team have gotten a lot better with their Chasers, and their Seeker improved since last year, so this is what I want. Jason and Spencer,”

Both nodded, tapping their clubs into their palm sitting on a bench.

“I want both of you to concentrate on hitting the Bludgers at the Ravenclaw Seeker Daniel! Try not to actually hit him; we don’t want to have any fouls. Just scare him by sending a Bludger or five his way,”

“No Problem,” replied Jason while turning to his brother as they hit their clubs together.

“Great, now Ginny, Penny and Asher,” nodding, then turned his attention to them sitting in front of him. “I want five goals, from each of you. You think you’re up to it?”

“Are you doubting are skills,” said Penny a bit taken by that question.

“No it’s just…”

He was cut off by Asher, “we’re not good enough for you,” he said in a remorse tone.

“No not at all…”

“So what then,” added Ginny crossing her arms.

“Can you three make five goals each, please?” said Harry feeling stupid about his remark.

“Sure,” said Penny, Ginny and Asher nodded in agreement.

Harry made a deep sigh, “Okay, since were 780 points in the lead for the cup, we want to keep it that way. I’ll try and fake the Ravenclaw Seeker out for a while hoping that the Snitch doesn’t come into his view. Hopefully the Bludgers will keep him busy, and we can gain more points to further our lead,” he said thinking of all the things that need to be done.

Everyone nodded, with his remark.

“Ron, could you give us another shut-out?”

“You want one?” he said sarcastically, as a smirk appeared on his face.

“Why having doubts that Rob might get passed you?” Harry said fighting back.

“No way am I going to let that jerk get passed me!” he shouted standing up.

“Well then, shut-out,” he said with a nod.

“You got it!” he said grabbing his broom, that was leaning against the bench.

“Well let’s go out there for warm-ups and then come back to the locker room for a five minute break before the match,” he said walking over to Ginny grabbing his broom from her.

We walked onto the field, to do some warm-up exercises. After about ten minutes of stretching. Harry made the Chasers practice getting by me, as he helped Jason and Spencer with their aiming, making a target fly around as they hit the Bludger at the target. Once students started to fill the seats of the stadium, Harry called us to fly to the locker room. After the team rejuvenated themselves, we walked onto the field with Harry in the lead and me pulling up the rear. Tumultuous applause came from the stands as we walk to the middle of the field.

The Ravenclaw team, dressed in blue, was already standing by Madam Hooch. Their Seeker, Daniel Campbell, looked pale from where I was standing. His face showed drops of sweat as he stood holding his shaking broom.


“Potter, Grant, shake hands,” Madam Hooch said briskly, and Potter shook hands with the Ravenclaw Captain.

I mounted my broom and took of towards my goal post as the Ravenclaw Keeper did also.

“Mount your brooms…on my whistle…three”two”one…”

“And the Quaffle is up,” announced Colin Creevey, “They’re off, Gryffindor in possession, Penny Martineau of Gryffindor heading for a goal. She dodged a bludger by Ravenclaw Beater Scott Robins and spin dives pass Ravenclaw Chaser Rob Owens…she’s heading towards the goal. Come on Penny…Score! Ten points for Gryffindor!”

I could see the excitement in the stands roar louder at our first point towards victory. After about two more goals from Ginny and Penny, Rob had his first crack at trying to get passed me. I saw as he soar pass a Bludger Jason sent his way, as my mind cleared and stayed focused on his movement.

I saw him to a small fake to the left, tossing the Quaffle slightly to the right as he spun to hit the Quaffle with the tail of his broom, which hit on contact as I soared towards the third goal to block it. I eventually caught it moments before it went in, as I gave a smirk to Rob watching him storm away on his broom in disappointment. I threw the Quaffle to Asher as he took off towards the Ravenclaw post.


“Harry sees the Snitch at the Ravenclaw side as Ravenclaw Seeker follows him into a dive,” said Colin. “But spins out from getting the Snitch due to a Bludger sent by a Ravenclaw Beater, that came belting out of nowhere, and with those few crucial seconds lost, the snitch vanished,”

There was a great, “Oooohhh” of disappointment from the Gryffindor supporters, but much applause for their Beater from the Ravenclaw end.

“Now Gryffindor leads eighty points to zero, and look at Potter go!” announced Colin as he saw Harry zooming around the stands searching for the Snitch with Daniel on his tail.

“Ravenclaw Chaser Rob, who scored seven goals against Slytherin, makes his way dodging Gryffindor Chaser Asher, and a flying Bludger by Gryffindor Spencer, makes his way towards Ron for the four time of this match, come on Ron block it,” said Colin leaning into the microphone standing up.

I saw him coming towards me with his other Chaser following behind him, I knew that they were going to try and double team me, but I felt a bit smart about it, then Rob passed the Quaffle to his teammate who tossed it over my head to Rob, which made my head turn but not my broom as Rob quickly threw the Quaffle back and I knew at an instant that once the Quaffle reached his teammate that he was going to hit it in the hoop with his broom as I flew to intercept it. I soared after the Quaffle that Rob threw before it reached his teammate.

I slammed the Quaffle to the left with my right hand which flew to Ginny who took off towards the Ravenclaw post. I felt relieved a bit, from that incident, I thought that I wouldn’t reach it in time, as a sweat of relief poured down my face. The Gryffindor supporters started chanting my song, “Weasley is our King,” as I stood shaking my head with laughter and redness. I could see Harry chasing after the Snitch now, reaching for the glittering golden ball gliding only inches away from his grasp. Then yet another Bludger soared in Harry’s direction as he pulled away from the Snitch, letting it loose again. This went on for a few minutes.


“Gryffindor is ahead 180 to zero, mostly by great ball handling by the Gryffindor Chasers and great defensive moves by Gryffindor Ronald Weasley. Harry’s off again seeing the Snitch with Ravenclaw Seeker close behind him. Go Harry!” Colin shouted on the edge of his seat, as the audience watch Harry and Daniel battle each other for the Snitch.

Harry dived again, and Daniel, thinking he’d seen the Snitch, tried to follow; Harry pulled out of the dive very sharply; he hurtled downward; he rose fast as a bullet once more, and then saw it, for the third time “ the Snitch was glittering way above the field at the Ravenclaw end. He accelerated; so many feet below, he was winning, gaining on the Snitch. He stretched his hand and managed to close his fingers on the small, struggling Snitch. Madam Hooch’s whistle sounded.

“GRYFFINDOR WINS GRYFFINDOR WINS!” Colin roared through out the stadium, “Score stands at thus Ravenclaw zero and Gryffindor 330! Another great shut-out by the Gryffindor Team!”

The whole team soared down to meet Harry in the middle of the field. Everyone was engulfed with Gryffindor supporters, cheering wildly and started fill the field by the seconds..

“Ron, great game,” said someone behind him touching his shoulder. Ron turned around to see who it was stuck out his hand.

“You too, Rob. Maybe next year Ravenclaw might win,” he said shaking his hand.

“Well I have to head back to my locker room, have a great party,” he said letting go of his hand, and mounted his broom.

“Thanks,” Ron said, as Rob kicked off the ground and took off.

“Ron, where are you?” Harry shouted over the crowd.

“Hey, shut-out!” Ron shouted as Harry’s attention turned to him as they walked towards each other.

“Great job,” Harry said giving Ron a hug.

“Hey don’t get all sappy on me,” he said patting Harry’s back. They let go as they looked at the team.

“Party in Gryffindor Common Room in thirty minutes, come on Team we’re going to change before the Party!” shouted Harry to who ever heard him.

The team walked through the crowd, making our way back to the locker room. When we got there, we quickly changed out of our uniforms and showered quickly. An unexpected visitor came to grace us with her presence as I threw a shirt over my head.

“Well done, well done, all of you. You all have done Gryffindor so proud!” Professor McGonagall said, feeling a bit emotional.

“Don’t cry Professor,” said Penny reassuring her.

She wiped a tear from her eye and placed a smile, “Its just I’m so happy,” taking in a breath, “oh Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley, there is two gentlemen outside who wants to speak to both of you,” she added, leaving the locker room.

I looked over at Harry who had a confused and puzzled look on his face; he motioned to me if I knew who was outside as I shook my head. Then I threw my shoes on with out my socks as I followed Harry outside of the locker room to see to gentlemen. One wore an orange robe, with gray short hair, holding a brief case. The other man wore a blue robe with slick dirty-blonde hair, both men were tall, but the man in the blue robe stood slightly taller than me. As we walked up to them, I could help to notice how familiar they looked.

“Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley,” said the man in the orange robe sticking out his hand for us to shake. Harry took his hand first then moved to the next person. Ron shook the hand of both men, but for some reason he couldn’t let go the hand of the man wearing the blue robes.

“You’re…you’re Robert Epperson,” stumbled Ron still shaking his hand glaring at the man and his robes were a pin of a letter “C” was placed on this chest. “You’re the Chudley Cannons’ Quidditch Captain.”

The man nodded in approval, as Ron let go of his hand and focused his attention to the other man.

“Then that means you’re…”

“Sean Prather, I’m the Chudley Cannons Manager and Scout,” he added.

“Wow, what can we do for you, Mr. Prather?” said Ron stunned at the men in front of him.

“We were told by someone to come and check you boys out,” replied Mr. Prather, opening his briefcase, which seemed to float in midair in front of him.

“Our sources tell us that you two are one of the best seen for the past two years, and from the looks of things, I can see why he recommended you both,” added Robert continuing the conversation.

I broke off from his attention, looking in between the two men at Lucy who seemed to stare at me. She put on a smile as I said “thank you” silently to her. She smiled a bit more and gave me a slight bow. Rob showed up behind her tapping her shoulder as she turned to give him a kiss, as they walked away holding each other.

“So what do you boys say, we’re holding try-outs three weeks after you finish school, just sign these forms and get them into us by next week,” said Mr. Prather holding out registration forms as Ron and Harry took one scanning over it.

“We’re hoping that you’ll be able to make the try-outs,” added Robert, “see you there.”

Harry and I both shook their hands, and said “thank you”, I can’t believe it. Harry and I got asked to try-out for the Chudley Cannons, placed sixth in the league this year, I know that if Harry and I make the team, they can be number one. I felt so excited and pumped that I quickly got my things and headed back to the Gryffindor on a full sprint with Harry next to me. I guess we were too excited to tell everyone about the news.


“Hermione,” Ron called through the cheering crowd in the Gryffindor Common room, making his way through piles of students. “Hermione!”

Hermione caught his attention as he struggled to get to her, “Ron over here,” she motioned standing up from her seat.

“Hey honey,” he said giving her a kiss on the lips. They broke apart; Ron sat down on the chair with Hermione on his lap.

“Great game honey,” she said giving him another kiss.

“Thank you honey,” he said kissing her back.

“Oh not this again,” muttered Krystel rolling her eyes at them.

Ginny laughed and looked at Harry taking his hand, “I love you honey,” she said mimicking Hermione’s voice.

“I love you too honey,” said Harry impersonating Ron, staring at Ginny.

“Shut it both of you,” snapped Hermione taken by their reenactment.

They laughed, as Hermione blushed shaking her head.

Ron leaned over to whisper something in Hermione ear, “You want to get out of here?”

She turned to look at him, as she nodded. With that he picked her up in his arms from his lap, as she swung her arms around his neck.

“Where are you two going?” asked Neville staring at them, Ron holding Hermione in his arms.

“Out,” said Hermione looking at them.

Ginny looking said, “Why?” puzzled at them.

“Because,” responded Ron, they were walking away from them.

Harry stood up to yell at them, “Ron, my speech!”

Ron cleared his throat and yelled, “Weasley is our King,”

Everyone who heard that, joined into the song as Ron and Hermione slipped through the crowd.

Ron saw Dobby and walked up to him, “hey Dobby you think we could have two Butterbeers?” he asked still carrying Hermione.

“Here you go Mr. Weezy,” said Dobby holding two Butterbeers that Hermione grabbed from him.

“Thanks Dobby,” said Hermione smiling at him.

“Your welcome, Miss Granger,” he said with a bow.

We walked out of the Gryffindor Common Room, and passed the Fat Lady portrait, down the mystery ever changing staircase, and out of the Entrance door to the Quidditch stadium. I told Hermione to wait outside for awhile, while I went to go get my broom from the locker room closet. I came back out, happy to see her waiting for me.

“Ron what are we going to do,” she said hugging herself standing outside of the Quidditch stadium.

He walked up to her quickly, with his broom in hand, “we have to hurry up before we miss it,” he said walking up to her and placed his broom horizontal with the ground and the broom seemed to be levitating.

“Where are we going?” she said placing her hand on the broom and swung her leg over.

“It’s a surprise,” he said quickly doing the same, and kicked forcibly off the ground.

“What about the drinks? I left them on the ground.”

“Don’t worry about them.”

We soared through the air, and I felt good that Hermione didn’t feel frighten anymore. Even though I missed it when she would grab a hold of my arms and wrap it around her, but this time she did with out being frightened. We flew off towards the lake, to watch the remaining minutes of the sunset.

“Ron this is beautiful,” she said staring out at the horizon, as the colors bounced off the water like a mirror reflecting off their faces.

“I knew you’ll like it,” he said giving her a kiss on the back of her head. She leaned back, resting her head on his shoulder.

“I love when you do stuff like this,”

“I love sharing moments like this with you,”

After the sun slowly dipped into the water, we flew to our tower to sit on the roof and watch the stars.

“Ron what was it that you want to talk about?”

“Hold on let me see if I can do this, ‘Accio Butterbeers’,” he said with a flick of his wand. Out of no where the
Butterbeers soared to him, as he caught both of them. Then he muttered a spell that made them delicious.

He handed one to her, who opened it impressed and puzzled, “thanks,” she said placing it towards her lips, but he stopped her.

“Wait there’s a reason why I brought it,” he said taking his hand off her arm, “I have news to tell, you.”

She nodded and turned her attention to him.

“Harry and I, got greeted today by Sean Prather and Robert Epperson,”

She looked at him puzzled, “and who’s that?” trying to match the two together.

“Well, Mr. Prather is the Chudley Cannons Manager and Scout, and Robert Epperson is the Chudley Cannons Quidditch Captain.”

“Don’t tell me that you and Harry got…” she said shocked.

“We got asked to come to their try-outs this year, three weeks after graduation,” he said excitedly.

She had a big grin on her face, “oh Ron, congratulations,” she said swinging her arms around his neck for a hug, “I’m so happy for you honey!”

“Thank you, I knew you would be,” he said rubbing her back.

“Wow, its like everything is falling into place,” she said pulling out from the hug, “you being asked to go to a try-out from your favorite team in the league and me getting into that muggle school that my parents applied for me.”

“What you got into that school?” he said shocked.

“Yup,” she said with a wide smile.

“Honey, that’s great. I’m so proud of you! I knew you’d get in, with your intelligence and sense of knowledge. Who wouldn’t want to accept you?” he said giving her another hug.

“Thanks, and look at you, Mr. Big-shot in Quidditch, went through a whole season full of shut-outs, that must be a great accomplishment,” she said giving him a quick kiss, and then picking up her Butterbeer.

He also picked his up, “so a toast to us?”

“A toast to us,” she said, then taking a swing of her Butterbeer.

We stayed up on that roof, talking more about how I was going to do Auror Training and Quidditch. Then we came to a conclusion, I just had to ask my Dad in the morning about something. After an hour or so, we headed through my window which I left opened, and headed to bed. I walked her to her room which was only across from mine, as I kissed her goodnight and then went to my room to fill out the form, and write a few letters before I went bed.


A/N: Hope you all enjoyed the match. Thanks for getting me to 300 reviews! I greatly appreciate all of them so much! Can't wait till I have more, so don't be afraid! Leave a review, a question or concern! SUFFER till I return!