Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: This chapter will be cut in half due to the fact that its too damn long! LOL...well hope you like it! Please review...before something bad might happen! hahahahahaha!


“Neville try and keep up,” Harry told him, as they made their way down a dark corridor.

Neville looked at his surroundings. “Well this is the first time I’ve been down here,” he said, looking at the floor. “What was that?” He jumped towards Ron, pushing him into a protrait.

Ron rubbed his shoulder. “I don’t know, Neville, maybe it was a rat or something,” he reassured him.

“It might have been a spider,” Neville said, looking back at the ground.

“Where?” Ron jumped.

“Right there above your head,” Neville said, pointing his hand above Ron’s head.

Ron jumped towards Harry with a scared look on his face, as Harry turned to him shaking his head.

“Fooled you,” laughed Neville. Ron grunted and punched him in the arm.

“That wasn’t funny,” Ron said, fuming, and he crossed his arms.

“Can both of you grow up please?” said Harry, feeling sorry for his friends. “I mean you both act like you’re in your first year or something.”

“So are we there yet?” called Neville to Harry like a little kid.

“Yup,” Harry said, standing in front of a fruit portrait. He tickled the pear on the portrait, the pear started to wriggle, letting the portrait frame swing open revealing the kitchen with busy house elves scurrying all over the place making themselves busy for breakfast.

A house elf stopped in front of us carrying a tray of food, “Hello sirs, what may I do for you?” he said with a bow.

“Hello,” said Harry politely, looking at him. “I was wondering if you could show me where Dobby and Winky are please?”

“Sure sirs,” he said, placing the tray of food on a table, “This way,” as he walked through a busy kitchen with Harry, Ron and Neville trailing behind him.

     I could see Dobby and Winky down at the end of the kitchen cooking something on the stove which smelled delicious. Harry was the first to greet Dobby.

“Hello there Dobby, Winky,” he said, walking up to them, as Dobby stopped cooking to look at Harry with wide-eyes. Harry turned to the house-elf and said, “Thank you.”

“Your very welcome sirs,” he said, walking away with a bow.

“What can Dobby and Winky do for you, sirs?” said Dobby placing his spatula in his apron.

“We were wondering if we could ask a favor from you and Winky, if its not a problem, and we’re willing to pay you for it,” said Neville, hoping not to be offended by Dobby.

“Sure sirs, what is it that you want?” Dobby said happily.

“Do you mind if we eat and discuss this matter,” said Ron, feeling his stomach rumbling from smelling the food.

“Right this way sir, you may have a seat on that table over there,” he said, pointing to a round table. “Your breakfast will be brought to you, and then we’ll talk.”

“Thanks a lot Dobby,” said Harry, making his way towards the table.

     Once we sat down at the table, in a matter of seconds, house-elves came up to us carrying trays of food. They were practically shoving it in front of us, and in my state I had no objection whatsoever taking the trays from them and filling my plate with food.

     After we ate, Dobby came by with Winky behind him. We talked about our plan, and what we needed to have done by a certain time, and he understood what needed to be done. We offered Dobby payment for his contribution, 10 Galleons, we even offered to pay him more, but he refused to take it.


     We left Dobby and Winky to run errands for us, as we departed, carrying a tray of food for our girlfriends. I hoped by the time I got to my common room, Hermione wouldn't be up, and I hope the same goes with Ginny and Krystel. When we got to the staircase, I had to leave in the opposite direction and told them to meet me outside of my common room in a half an hour. I walked in the common room and up the stairs to Hermione's room. I was very surprised to find her sleeping peacefully in her four post bed, with her strands of her hair falling lightly on her face. The sun didn’t peak in the room yet, because of the lightly covered clouds outside, which I was thankful for. I placed the tray on her bed, as she shifted lightly off her back to her side facing towards me.

     I closed my eyes, hoping that she didn’t see me or to think that I was invisible, which of course I wasn’t, but happy that she didn’t open her eyes as I took a deep breath of relief. I walked over to her desk to write her a letter.


          To Hermione, with warmest affection

     While you were sleeping peacefully, I have been dreaming of you continuously. I long for your touch and warm embrace which feels my being with you love overflowing, uncontrollably and everlasting. Please meet me in the courtyard at 9a.m. I will be longing for you till then.

                   Until our next meeting,

                   Love,
                        Ronald Weasley


     I reflected over the letter twice and felt happy with myself, and folded it closed. I walked over to the tray on her bed and placed the letter on top, and walked out of her room quickly and quietly as possible to my room. I got a pair of beige pants, and a blue collar shirt, underwear, socks and shoes and ran down stairs to take a quick shower before Harry and Neville came.


     After dressing, I looked myself over in the mirror, trying to figure out a way to tame my hair which seems to disobey my brush and gel. I battled my hair for a few more minutes, a knock came from the portrait, as I threw my brush on my sink and forfeited to my hair stumbling to put on my shoes. I did some sort of happy dance, placing my shoes on opening the portrait to see Harry and Neville waiting.


“Hold on, I need to tie my shoelaces,” said Ron, standing out of a closed portrait.

“Want to try and hurry it up,” said Harry impatiently, “we’re going to be late,” tapping his foot.

“Breath Harry we’re not going to be late,” said Ron, standing up from tying his shoelaces and started to walk down the hall.

“So Ron was Hermione up when you went into her room?” said Neville as they made a turn at a corner of the hallway walking down a flight of stairs.

“Nope, good thing though, but she did move around which I thought she would wake up,” he said relieved taking a deep breath. “But she would just smile and go back to sleep, so how did you two give the girls their trays?”

“Oh, we saw these two girls sitting in the common room when we got there,” said Neville walking behind them down a hallway.

“Yeah, after we had to pay them a Galleon each, and tell them why they had to give them the trays they just looked at us and said that was so sweet and then went upstairs giggling, I hope they didn’t get the trays mixed up,” said Harry a little worried, as they walked into Moaning Myrtle’s Lavatory.

“So what are we doing here?” Neville said standing shocked, being in a girl’s bathroom.

“We're here to meet Claire, which she’s late yet again,” said Harry leaning against a bathroom stall.

“Hey Neville, can you go into that fourth bathroom stall and grab a bag that’s on the floor,” said Ron, as he walked up to the sink and sat on it.

Neville walked to the bathroom stall, opening it and came back out with a heavy bag. “What the heck is in this bag?” he said, carrying the bag to the sink and placed it on the ground.

“The ingredients we need,” said Harry looking at his watch, “where is she? She’s late again.”

“No I’m not,” said a girl coming into the bathroom with a pastel green turtle next with Capri jeans and tennis shoes, her hair was up in a twist ponytail, as she carried a small bag on her shoulder, “you’re just early.”

“Well can we begin then,” insisted Harry leaning off the bathroom stall and walked towards her.

“Sure got the stuff ready,” Claire said taking a seat on the ground.

“Everything is in the bag, except that key ingredient that you have right?” Ron asked as he sat down next to her opening the bag.

“Now remember what we talked about, no word of this to anyone, and if you do get caught with this, and you do squeal on me I will personally hunt you all down,” she said with a serious look that made them stunned.

“Sure,” they said shaken.

“Great,” she said in a cheery tone, “let’s begin then.”

     We took out the three silver cauldrons from the bag and placed them on top of a lit canister. After each ingredient was placed in the cauldron at its own time and amount, Claire pulled out the key ingredient from her bag, and handed each of us a vial.

“Now, you three have the most crucial ingredient, put one drop of it in the cauldron, and then mix it for a minute, the content of the mixture is going to turn a clear color from that thin mixture of orange,” said Claire, walking around them as he opened the vile and pulled out a wand that was placed inside and added a drop into their cauldron and stirred it with a ladle.

“So how long does it take to properly set and be finished?” said Ron, looking at his cauldron as the color changed from orange to a clear color, like water.

“Well if you did it right, you should see that the potion looks like water, with no bubbles,” she said, looking at Neville’s cauldron which did just that.

“Look I did it,” said Neville proud of him self. “I swear this is much easier when Snape’s not breathing down your neck every second.”

“Okay, now turn off the fire, and continue stir for one more minute,” she said looking into Harry’s cauldron seeing that his had also turned clear.

“So what now?” Ron said still stirring his clear potion.

“Now you can stop stirring and I want you to tell me if you smell anything from your potion?” she asked pulling out three containers that held six small vials.

“Nothing,” replied Neville feeling awkward.

“Me too,” said Harry and Ron nodded in agreement.

“Good, here,” she said handing them a container each. “You’re not supposed to smell anything that’s how you know when it’s complete, and it turns clear like water. Now place some of the potion in each vial, it suppose to fill all six vials.”

Each of them ladled the potion into the vials and placed them carefully in the container.

“So tell me when you run out, I will be happy to help you refill them, with a small price and speaking of that,” she said sticking out her hand.

“Oh right,” said Ron standing up and pulled three Galleons out of his pocket and handed them to her, “thanks.”

“You two,” she said waiting for them to pay her, as they both stood up and paid her, “I thank you kindly gentlemen,” as she placed the coins in her bag.

“Just a question Claire,” Harry said holding on to his container, “where did you get the last ingredient, it wasn’t in Snape’s storage, and how can we use this potion?”

Claire glared at them and just swung her bag on her shoulder, “well I got the potion from my mother, and she wasn’t too happy about it, but at least she knew that you were smart about using it, then using nothing at all, and you can either drink the potion as it is or slip it into a drink or food, but try to stay away from alcohol beverages because it destroys the key ingredient.”

“Oh,” said Ron, “and how long does this potion last? And do the both of us need to take the potion or just one person?”

“It should last for about three days and can be used as an emergency contraceptive, and I think it would be wise if both of you took the potion instead of one person, because not all the time are potions one-hundred percent effective,” she said. “Anything else you want to know about it?”

“No I think that’s all,” said Neville looking at his container.

“Well remember if you run out and want more, you can come and find me, and I’ll give the last ingredient to you, but you have to make the whole potion on your own,” she said looking at the three of them, “and about our agreement.”

Claire glared at them, crossing her arms. “Yeah, Colin got the letter yesterday; he said he’ll meet you in the front of the Great Hall,” said Harry looking at his watch, “in about five minutes from now.”

“Good, see you boys later,” she said, walking out of the bathroom.

“Well you men ready for today?” Harry said, looking at them with a worried look on their faces, “what don’t tell me you both are chickening out.”

“No,” both said, shocked, but a bit awkward holding their container.

“Well then what then?” Harry said, concerned.

“I trust Claire, but I don’t trust myself with this potion,” said Neville, staring at it.

“Well if it makes you feel better Neville,” said Ron putting a hand on his shoulders, “I’ll switch with you.”

“No that’s alright; I think I should be responsible for my own actions,” Neville sighed.

“Well you two ready, I think we need to meet them in a half an hour, its best we get this back to our rooms and get out of here before someone finds us,” said Ron walking out of Moaning Myrtle’s Lavatory.


     We went quickly back to our common room, hopefully before our girlfriends catch us. I walked up to my room to put the container away when I heard Hermione humming and singing, I felt the urge to just walk right in and surprise her, but I had to control myself. Luckily when I got into my room, there was an owl at my window, so I opened it and took a very large rectangular package off its leg, and pulled three Galleons and seventeen Knuts from my pocket, and placed it in the owl’s pouch as it took off. I walked over to my desk to grab a piece of parchment to write a letter:


          Happy Valentine’s Day Hermione

     I’m waiting for you…


     I then opened the package revealing a bouquet of flowers. I pulled one out from the bunch and grabbed the letter on my desk and walked out my room. When I reached the bottom step I looked around for a place where I could put this flower and letter, then it clicked as I walked over to the small table on the side of the couch and placed it in front of the stairs so when Hermione came down she’d see the note and flower. I placed it on the stand, and walked out quickly, trying not to make any sound.

     I felt excited and nervous for what today might hold as I started to have a skip in my step. I then stopped after a few second years started giggling as I walked into the courtyard, seeing Harry and Neville sitting on a bench.


“Harry what’s the deal with being early everywhere we go?” said Ron walking up to them, as he looked around to see who else was there, “I swear we’re the only one’s here besides Claire and Colin over there talking and some third years anxious to go to Hogsmeade,” as he walked up to Harry holding a bouquet of orange tulips and Neville who’s holding a bouquet of pink long stem roses.

“I don’t know I guess I want everything to be perfect,” said Harry fixing his orange long sleeve pullover sweater.

“And you thought I was mental, going hysterical last month with the planning,” he said chuckling at Harry trying to tame his hair, which Ron ruffled his hair.

“Hey mate, it took me ten minutes to get my hair down,” said Harry brushing both his hand through his hair.

“Harry you sure you’re a guy, because you’re starting to act like a girl, with your hair and clothes,” teased Neville dusting his green shirt as Ron laughed at Harry.

“Neville, didn’t you know you have a cow lick,” said Harry pointing at Neville’s head.

“Really where?” said Neville touching his head frantically.

“And to think that I was obsessed with myself,” laughed Harry.

Ron elbowed Harry in his side, “knock it off guys, here they come,” as Harry turned to look at the girls walking up to them, each of them had a flower in their hand.

     We quickly straightened ourselves up and walked over to our girlfriends with the bouquets in hand.

Hermione wore a blue spaghetti strap dress with a white sweater jacket which opened to reveal her dress and sandals. Krystel wore a green collar shirt with a white blouse and a blue jeans skirt, and she had white shoes, Ginny wore an orange dress wearing a jeans jacket and sandals.

     They looked radiant as we each gave them their bouquets.

“Thank you honey,” said Hermione taking the bouquet of white lilies from him as smelled them.

“Your welcome honey,” Ron said smiling, as Hermione pulled his shirt down towards her to give him a kiss.

“That was nice,” she said with their foreheads touching as he smiled at her.

“You ready to go Miss Granger?” he said sticking out his arm as she took it and walked a few steps without looking back.

“You think they’re following us,” she said as they walked out of the courtyard.

“Nope,” he said and turned his head to look behind him, as she did the same.

Harry, Ginny, Neville and Krystel still stood in the middle of the courtyard making out as students giggled and walked passed them laughing and pointing.

“You're thinking what I’m thinking,” Hermione said staring at her friends.

“Yup, but I think two people already got that covered,” Ron said watching Professor McGonagall and Professor Harrington walk up to Harry, Ginny, Neville and Krystel.

“Excuse me,” said Professor McGonagall, “in light of this happy holiday, could you please keep your show of affection to a minimum. There is a time and a place for everything.”

“Yes Professor,” said Harry, a bit embarrassed.

“Sorry Professor McGonagall,” said Krystel looking down, then looked back up at her grandfather, “sorry Grandfather.”

He smiled and nodded, “let’s just keep this between us, we wouldn’t want your father and mother, especially your grandmother to hear more about your little mishaps,” he said and placed a hand on her shoulder and gave Neville a glare, which made him look down ashamed.

“Those who are going to Hogsmeade please follow me to the carriages,” called Professor McGonagall, exiting the courtyard.

The gang walked up to Ron and Hermione, who stood glaring at them with their arms crossed.

“Why didn’t you tell us that a Professor was behind us,” questioned Ginny giving her brother a mean look of disgust.

“Don’t get me wrong,” said Hermione defensively, with a straight face, “we were going to warn you and break you up...”

“But then we saw the two Professors behind you four. And we knew it was too late to interrupt you,” Ron said looking at Ginny then turned to Hermione who smiled and he busted out laughing, “it was freaking hilarious though, you should have seen the look on your face Neville,” as he laughed harder.

“And Harry, I’ve never seen your face turn so pale so quickly in my whole life,” laughed Hermione.

“Oh will you both grow up,” said Krystel rolling her eyes at them, “come we need to get a carriage before we have to be split up.”

     We walked out of the courtyard to the front of the school as jumped into a carriage, luckily it wasn’t occupied. The ride down to Hogsmeade was quite interesting, because the only thing that kept us occupied was making out. I would open my eyes occasionally while still caressing Hermione and kissing her.

     I would look at my sister crawling on top of Harry’s lap as he wrapped his hands around her and dropped his hands closer to her butt, I wanted to break away from Hermione so many times when I saw him do something to her, but Hermione just pushed my chin away from their attention, so that I could focus on her and would grab my hand to and place it on her waist. This went on until we reached Hogsmeade.


“So where do you all want to go?” Krystel asked as Neville wrapped his arm around her waist.

“I was thinking about going to the Quidditch store to get something for my broom,” said Harry, “I want to make sure my broom is in top shape before the try-outs.”

“I wanted to go to the Owlery to post something to my parents since I forgot to this morning,” suggested Hermione.

“I also thought about going to Zonko’s,” said Neville, looking over at his friends.

“But I wanted to go to Honeydukes to stock up on my candy,” Ron said as Hermione gave him an odd look.

“Well since Krystel and I can’t decide, Krystel you want to go with Hermione to the Owlery?” Ginny asked as she gave a nod to her which made Krystel think.

“Sure, Hermione can we go with you,” said Krystel as Hermione smiled.

“So what are we suppose to do?” Ron asked looking at his friends who stopped walking and stood in the middle of the walk way.

“You guys can go around and do your little errands, and I’ll take them and do mine,” Hermione said giving Ron a kiss on the cheek.

“Okay then, will you meet us at that new restaurant,” said Harry looking at his watch which read ten twenty-seven, “at around eleven thirty,”

“En Fuego,” said Krystel. Harry nodded.

“Alright,” said Ginny, as the girls left the guys standing there.

They started giggling happily as they walked away.

“You wonder what they’re talking about?” said Harry to Neville.

“I think they’re talking about how charming we are,” he said with a smirk, and fixed his shirt.

“Right,” said Ron as they walked off in the direction of the Quidditch Supply Store.

     We walked to the Quidditch Supply Store to buy Harry a new cleaning kit for his Firebolt, and I just wanted to buy a new cloth and extra gloves for me. Neville was fascinated in the many models and designs of each broom as he stared wide-eyed at a display.

“Why didn’t I ever become a Quidditch player, so I could become famous like you guys?” Neville said, watching the display. A man was demonstrating the speed and maneuvers that you could do on a certain type of broom.

“Hey, don’t think like that Neville,” said Harry, trying to cheer him up, “you're really good at what you do, people have their own talents it just what you do with it that makes it worth while,” placing a hand on Neville’s shoulder.

“Well…I guess your right. I don’t think I could handle getting hit in the head or getting knocked off my broom,” he said, shaking his head at the displayed and then turned to Ron. “You remember that time I fell off my broom the very first day, I ever really touched one,” looking back at the display.

“Yeah, you broke your wrist,” said Ron.

“Well, since then I’ve hated flying and I would have nightmares sometime, that I might die falling off a broom,” he said shaking his head, chuckling a little.

“Well, Neville next time you fall off your broom, Harry and I will be there to but you back on,” said Ron giving his back a pat.

“Thanks,”

“Well you guys want to go to Zonko’s next, to see if anything new came from Fred and George, hey Ron?” teased Harry while giving Ron a punch in the arm.

“I’ll go, but I’m not eating anything,” said Ron, feeling a bit uneasy.

     We walked out of the store, and walked down pass the Three Broomsticks, where there was a long line of students and teachers standing outside the door. We walked pass this clothing store and for a moment I glanced through the window. I thought I saw Hermione through the window holding something, but when I shook my head to look back, she was gone. So I shook the memory out of my head and continued to follow Harry and Neville to Zonko’s. As we walked in I guess Harry and Neville couldn’t help themselves but to look around and act like children.

“Hey, Ron over here,” called Harry from behind a display of Tiny Black Pepper Imps.

“What is it now,” said Ron walking past a few four year boys looking at Dungbombs.

“Look, remember that licorice candy Fred and George made us test?”

“Yeah,” looking over Harry’s shoulder at the candy he was holding in his hand.

“See it finally made it over here,” showing Ron the red and blue licorice candy.

“Mate, put that away. I don’t even want to remember what it does or looks like,” he said pushing the candy away from him.

Harry placed the candy back on the shelf, “Alright, you think Neville found what he wanted,” turning around to see Neville walk up to the register with an arm full of candies and jokes that deal with smokes and sparks.

Ron shook his head at Neville, “Neville what do you need all those stuff?” he said walking up to Neville.

“For the Slytherins,” Neville said with an evil smirk. “They're challenging Hufflepuff tomorrow right?”

“Yeah, but you remember what McGonagall said about trying to sabotage the other team, you would end of losing Gryffindor points,” said Ron curious to why Neville would do something like that.

“True, but you also remember what Fred and George said,” while giving the cash register twenty-seven Sickles.

“Yeah, they said something about Peeves,” jumped in Harry.

“Well, that’s who I’m buying this for. He’ll be the one doing all the evil deeds, I’m just the one supplying him,” laughed Neville menacingly.

“Wow, Neville don’t tell us there’s a bad side to you,” said Ron as they walked out of the store.

“I think that Malfoy should deserve what ever he has coming to him, for what he did to me all these years and I think the last year should do it,” said Neville walking down the street, with Ron and Harry on either side.

Harry glanced at his watch, “look how time flies by. We have to go to the restaurant,” he said to Ron and Neville, who nodded and followed him to the restaurant.

     We walked into the restaurant; it looked nice and had a good environment to it. Not that much people knew about it, which was good because of the lines and the waiting. In the restaurant there were lots of booths and long tables, the seats looked comfortable and the lighting was perfect with colorful lanterns that had color plated glass, and there was also a small bar in the back with stools that not many people sat on.

A host greeted them at the door, “Hello, my name is Gary and I’ll be your host for today. How many are in your party?”

“There are 6 people in our party,” said Harry to Gary who took out six menus from a shelf.

“This way please,” he said, he guided them towards a big booth at the far end of the restaurant.

“Look Harry, there’s Claire and Colin over there,” said Neville tapping Harry’s shoulder while following Gary to their booth.

“Wow, it seems their having a good time,” said Harry with a smile and continued to follow.

“Here you are sirs,” said Gary as they arrived to the booth and sat down, “would you want anything to drink at the moment while you wait for the rest of your party to come?” he said politely, passing them their menus.

“Could I get a glass of water?” said Ron.

“Can you make it six please,” interrupted Harry.

“Sure, is there anything else,” said Gary, as he waited for an answer, “well I’ll get your waters now,” as he walked away.

     Gary left as we started talking about our plans for tonight which got me excited again, and a bit nervous and afraid, sort of hoping that things won’t go wrong. In a few minutes a house-elf brought our waters and Gary came back to our table, followed by Hermione, Ginny and Krystel. Each of them was carrying a Honeydukes bag with them. So as they sat, Gary took our orders, and in a few minutes the same house-elf came back with our meals.

     We ate and talked about our day, it was sort of interesting to hear how each of the girls received their breakfast and where they went in Hogsmeade. After our lunch, we all chipped in to pay for the bill, and let the restaurant to go back to the carriages. As we headed back to the school, I guess the same routine of what we did on our arrival kicked in again.



A/N:Okay, Please review, I want to know how I could make this story better. Any mistakes that I might have, please feel free to tell me! I don't mind at all! Well, SUFFER till I return.