Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Mahalo Nui Loa...Thank you very much...I'm grateful and thankful to all those who left a review...I want to stress this out...that if any one of you plan on coming to Hawaii anytime soon that left me a review...I want to hang and party with you all!!

Also on a lighter note...this novel is almost done! And it's going to be about N.E.W.T.s, so if you don't want to read it, I don't blame you! LOL...because its actually not that boring...well yes it is...well...I don't know I guess you have to see for yourself!! Enjoy!




I awoke early with Hermione to study for our N.E.W.T.s today. Even though I only had five hours of sleep, we still continued to help each other study.

“What’s Allium sativum?” questioned Ron, reading a flash card to Hermione. She sat on the couch with Ron on the other side facing each other, as she held a stack of flash cards also.

“It is scientific name for garlic,” she said with her hands clutching the cards.

“What can it be used for when dried and crushed?”

She paused for a moment and answered, “If dried and crushed, it can be for non-specific prevention of acute respiratory diseases.”

“Good,” he said placing the card behind the pile.

“That’s the end of this stack, you want to go over your Charms?” she said standing up from the couch and stretched.

“Nope, not really,” he teased as he placed the flash cards on the small table next to him.

“Why? You should study more,” she said walking over to the table and grabbing a book.

“Hermione, we’ve been at this for two hours,” he whined, taking a long yawn, “and I’m hungry. Besides if I study any more, I’m going to forget everything, you know why?”

“Why?” she asked, walking up to him, holding her book.

“Because my mind is full,” he said touching his head.

“Awe, I guess we have to fill up some more, so it stays in.”

“Well I know something I can fill,” he said with a grin.

“Why are you hungry?”

“For some odd reason I wasn’t thinking about that, but that’s sounds good though,” he said patting his stomach.

“Then what were you thinking?” she said twirling her hair in her fingers, standing in front of him.

“Your room,” he teased.

“Very funny,” she said giving him a playful push on his chest, “come on I need a break and I’m starting to get hungry,” as she turned on her heels.

“You’re hungry? I though you were like, study, study, study,” he teased her as he took the book out of her hand and tossed it on the couch.

“Hey,” she said sounding offended by his action.

“Hey,” he mimicked her, “right now we’re going to eat,” putting on a smile, which made her smile in return.

When she felt more at ease, I leaned down to give her a kiss on her forehead. Then lifted her right arm above her head, and hoisted her onto my shoulder as she kicked and screamed to be freed. I walked towards the portrait and walked down the hallway as she continued to yell louder to be put down. So I did something that would make her scream more and slapped her butt. She screamed in retaliation of my actions, as I received an elbow to the back of my head.

I rubbed it quickly with my hand, I finally gave up and placed her down. She looked at me with an evil glare, as I continued to rub my head frantically. She crossed her arms, and turned on her heel walking away from me, then began to make a dash down the stairs, as I chased after her all the way to the Great Hall.


“Hey I’m going to get you,” he called running into the hall, as the students and teachers focused changed toward Ron running after Hermione.

“No you’re not,” she called as he inched closer and closer to her. He finally grabbed her and picked her off the ground, as she squealed in fright.

“I got you,” he whispered into her ear. He placed her on the ground as the whole hall gaped at them fooling around. They checked themselves over and walked over to their friends who looked bewildered, and sat down like nothing ever happened.

“That was smooth,” said Neville, holding in his laughter.

“You two should have seen McGonagall’s face, when you two came running in,” said Ginny chuckling a little, “she looked as if she wanted to hide under her desk, because of the silly little display you to did,” staring at Ron.

“What are we going to do with them? Our Head Boy and Girl, playing around,” said Harry in remorse tone, shaking his head at them, while Neville, Krystel and Ginny started laughing.

Hermione and Ron looked down feeling guilty for what they did, as Hermione placed a hand on Ron’s lap and whispered to him, “I…got here before you got me.”

“No you didn’t,” he said trying to let get carried away, “I got you before you sat down,” he smiled.

“Well I would have made it if you didn’t grab me.”

“But that’s how you play the game,” he said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Hey, did you guys hear. Professor Marchbanks is coming to do the test again this year, but for our N.E.W.T.s instead of O.W.L.s,” said Neville happily.

“That’s great, I had her when I did my O.W.L.s,” Hermione said pouring juice into her goblet. “She was very stern but fair, I really liked her.”

“Great, I hope I get her,” said Ron, rolling his eyes at the thought of doing his exams.

“I’m glad this years N.E.W.T.s are only a week long instead of two weeks long like O.W.L.s,” said Harry sighing deeply trying to concentrate on his notes.

“Yeah, I think my mind would have exploded if it was two weeks long, I don’t think I would be able to hold that much information,” said Ron shaking his head at the thought of his O.W.L.s exams.

“Well we best hurry up and eat because I see the Examiners going by the staff room over there,” said Krystel pointing, as they turned to look at a bunch of old wizards and witches who followed behind Professor Sprout towards the staff room, at the end of the hall.

“I wonder what exam we’ll be doing first,” said Ron sounding a bit nervous.

“Well, what ever it is, I hope we do it soon before I forget ever single incantations, ingredients, and spells,” said Harry taking a drink of his juice, and placing it down on the table shakily.

“Harry don’t remind me,” said Ron touching his head, “my mind is already full, and I don’t need anymore information about anything before I forget.”

“Right,” said Ginny, as she snorted, “your mind is full. Maybe full of Quidditch, but anything else, I think your bluffing,” as she crossed her arms in front of her.

“Oh really,” he said, “Try me.”

“Gladly,” she said pausing to think of a question, “Did you study for you Arithmancy?”

“Yup.”

“Okay so what is Trigonometria?”

“Easy…it’s the Latin word for Trigonometry, which is the branch of mathematics that deals with the relationships between the sides and the angles of triangles and the calculations based on them,” he said with a smile, which made Ginny sink into her seat.

“Lucky guess,” she said with a pout.

“I told you the brain is full,” he said touching his head, feeling proud of himself.

“Fine it’s my turn to have a go…you ready Ron,” said Neville who pulled out his Herbology notes.

“Shoot,” he said cracking his knuckles together.

Urtica Dioica, what is that? And what potion does it make when mixed with Uncaria Tomentosa and Hydrastis Canadensis?”

“First of all Neville, I’m not taking Herbology, but since I helped Hermione study, I’ll tell you the answer. It is ‘Stinging Nettles’, and it makes a burning potion or warming potion mainly for animals taken internally, and a healing potion for burns on humans when placed on a burn, mainly used for second degree or third degree burns, taken externally,” he said folding his hands with a smirk on his face leaving Neville horror struck and everyone in awe.

“Good job Honey,” said Hermione giving Ron a kiss on the cheek.

“Well that’s does it for me,” said Harry giving up and threw his notes behind him, “I’m done studying…I give up!”

Everyone laughed at him.

“Harry come on, we have a week of exams don’t give up,” said Ron trying to reassure him, “maybe I can help you study. Like I said, ‘my mind is full’,” touching his head again.

“Yeah, we know,” said Krystel sarcastically.

Hardly anyone was talking during the duration of breakfast as students began muttering to themselves, and practicing spells and re-reading notes and books in front of them, as time seemed to draw nearer to exam time. After the bell rang for students to leave for class, the fifth years and seventh years milled around in the entrance hall while the other students went off to lessons. Then, at half-past nine, we were called forward class by class to reenter the Great Hall, which was now arranged exactly as how it was when we took our O.W.L.s. I sat down at a table with Hermione and Harry next to me, and Neville sat behind Hermione, as Professor McGonagall stood at the end of the Hall with a huge hourglass next to her.

When all the students were finally seated and quiet, she said, “You may begin,” and turned over the enormous hourglass on the desk beside her, on which were also spare quills, inkbottles, and rolls of parchment.



“So how did you all do?” asked Hermione as she got caught up with Ron and Harry who were standing outside at the beech tree by the lake, with Neville following behind her.

“I think I did alright,” said Harry running a hand through his sloppy hair, “how did you do Neville?”

“Not so bad, I thought I would do worse but I think I’ve got enough to pass,” he said sitting down in the grass in the shade of the tree.

“How about you Hermione?” Harry asked Hermione as she took a sat down in front of Ron, which he went behind her and placed his legs on either side of her and wrapped her in his arms.

“I think I did great, even though I think I forgot an answer to a question, but I think by doing the extra points and having enough time to spare, I’ve made up the difference so I don’t think it would affect me that much,” she said lying back on Ron, and rested her head on his shoulder.

“So how about you Ron was your head full when you started to take the test,” teased Neville as Harry started laughing.

“As a matter of fact, it was…practically to full that I had to say the question out loud to myself to actually answer it,” he said laughing to himself, “but I think I did well, I’m surprised the test didn’t take that much time to finish.”

“See I told you studying help,” Hermione said patting his knee.

“It sure did,” he said as he kissed her head, “especially the game we were playing last night.”

“Oh that,” she said blushing at the thought.

“What was the game you two were playing that helped you study?” question Neville clueless of their conversation.

Ron whispered in Hermione’s ear, as she nodded. Ron smiled bashfully, and spoke, “well we were studying last night, and Hermione thought of a game that would help us study, so we each had ten pieces of clothes on, and we had ten more pieces of clothes on the side.”

“So we each ask each other a question and if we get it right. We would take off a piece of clothing, but if we get it wrong we have to put on another piece of clothing,” added Hermione.

“Oh I get it, so you don't want to have the wrong answer because you have to strip,” said Harry nodding.

“Right,” said Ron laughing to him self.

“But the game lasted longer than I thought because we continued until we finished all the stacks of flash cards that I made, and we still had our clothes on,” blushed Hermione.

“So did it help?” Neville questioned, thinking about the game.

“Of course it did,” said Ron proudly, “I swear when I was stuck on a question the only thing I had to do was picture Hermione in a…”

Hermione slapped Ron’s leg, “what was that?” she asked leaning to the side looking at him.

“Nothing,” he said looking at the lake.

“That’s what I thought,” she said sarcastically, grinning at him.

“That’s why you remembered mostly everything because you wanted to see Hermione…um, well,” said Neville stopping short from Hermione’s glare at him.

“That was one thing, but also having the satisfaction of actually studying and enjoy doing it through a game can really help,” Ron said squeezing Hermione a little tighter.

“So when do we have to go back to the castle for the next exams,” asked Harry getting up from the grass and stretched.

“In an hour for McGonagall’s demonstration exam, I think they’re calling everyone by their last names again so it’s going to take a long time,” said Hermione as she stood up from the grass also.

“I’ll wait here till you come back Hermione,” said Ron lying down on the grass looking at the open blue sky, “come and get when you’re done honey, since your name is before mine.”

“I don’t think so,” she said in a harsh tone, crossing her arms, which made him look at her. He shot up from lying on the grass quickly as he followed them back to the castle.



A/N: Well off to the next chapter so don't leave...if you think that N.E.W.T.s, is boring...well then I want you to make up something...because not that much authors write about it!! LOL...SUFFER till I return!