Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: I think you finally get the drill...


      I got ready to go back for my last year at Hogwarts, with anticipation in the air. For some reason I felt outside of the circle for the first time. My family seemed to be doing well. Dad got a great raise with his job, also Percy and Penelope. Charlie and Chablis bought a new house for their growing family; Mum thinks it’s going to be twins at the rate Chablis is growing. Fred and George double the size of their store and bought a penthouse in London where their girlfriends, Kim and Kat. Bill has finally got a girlfriend, named Mae Nomura. He met her in Japan on a business trip; I guess you could call it love at first sight, because as soon as the trip was over, he flew east to Japan to be with her. Mum was sort of mad at Bill, Fred and George ” for taking forever to marry their girlfriends or to just get married in the first place-- but I guess she got over it.

     Ginny was made Prefect and finally got herself a boyfriend, funny thing is she won’t tell me who. Hermione was made Head Girl and she couldn’t be happier. Harry was made Quidditch Captain. Then there was me, yes I was made Head Boy and all, and Percy gave me his irritating and boring talk about being Head Boy, also Mum and Dad bought me school and dress robes and Fred and George bought me a Nimbus 2004 (which was totally unexpected). They said that I would probably win the house cup again for Gryffindor this year. But there was something different about everyone. They all had something that I didn’t have and for some reason, I felt so out of place besides Neville.




“Neville, where are you going?” Hermione asked as Neville ran towards a crowd. “I wonder what’s on his mind.”

Neville started making his way into the crowd of people. As a few people cleared out of the way, everyone could see the person Neville ran too.

“Hope everyone’s got everything they needed,” Mrs. Weasley asked while everyone answered her with a nod. “Did I lose one? Where’s Neville?” as she scanned the crowd also.

“Over there with a…,” as Ginny’s voice halted pointing at Neville in unbelief.

“A girl!” Harry, Hermione, and Ron said as their jaws dropped.

“Well I’ll be off then, I know how you all like to wait, but I have to go and do errands for you know what,” Mrs. Weasley said while leaving them standing there.

“Am I blind, or is that Neville with a girl,” Harry said while taking another look at his glasses and watching Neville walk towards them holding a girls hand.

“Hey, guys. This is Krystel Harrington, she moved into my next door neighbor’s house, a week after school finished. She’s Ginny’s age, so I think that Ginny and Luna can show her the ropes.”

“Hi everyone,” said Krystel, “my parents moved here because of business with the Ministry, my cousin is Penelope Clearwater, and she told me about Hogwarts, and also how I would be able to make friends a lot easier than I did at my old school.”

“Wow, that’s great.” Ginny said still in shock about the information she just heard. “My brother Percy is engage to Penelope Clearwater, so it seems we might be related soon. Would you like to sit with me on the train?”

“Yes, I would like that,” as she kissed Neville on the cheek, “See you later?” Neville nodded his head still blushing from the kiss, as she dragged her trunk following Ginny to the train.

“Hey, guys…” as Neville waved his hand in front of their faces. “Snap out of it!” Just then Harry, Hermione and Ron’s attention came back to them.

“Neville, why didn’t you tell us about that girl?” Ron insisted giving Neville a punch on the shoulder.

“No one asked,” said Neville returning the punch back to Ron. “Besides, half the time I’m not even in the conversations.”

“Sorry about that Neville.” Hermione said looking at him with a sad look.

“No problem,” Neville said reaching for his things. “Well we better get on the train before it leaves without us.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Harry said trying to pull his trunk to the train. “Now you can tell us all about how you met this Krystel Harrington.”

     As we made our way on the train, I saw Harry take Hermione’s hand and she just smiled at him. I guess their really going out, if they’re making it public. It took a while to find an empty compartment, but we usually found one at the end of the train. As we finally put our things in, Hermione and I had to go to the front of the train to receive further instructions.

“Well, see you guys later,” said Hermione giving Harry a kiss on the cheek. “And Neville don’t tell Harry all the details until we get back.”

Both nodded. “Don’t worry Hermione,” said Neville with a smirk on his face.

“Well come on Hermione, lets go,” Ron said trying to pull her away from the compartment.

     As we made our way towards the Head Boy and Girl compartment, we were side tracked by people saying their hello’s and welcome back. But we finally made it there. Opening the compartment was a little scary, because the anticipation was killing me.

“Look there’s a letter,” said Hermione grabbing the letter. She opened it and started to read aloud.

“Congratulations Miss Granger and Mr. Weasley on becoming this year’s Head Boy and Girl…your welcome,” said Hermione with a small laugh, and continued. “Here is a list of the responsibilities and assignments that the both of you will be responsible for throughout this school year. On this list will also be the duties that you will assign each house Prefect, to do throughout this school year. More details will be given in person from our Head Master. Hope to see both of you ready to take on the task ahead. Sincerely Deputy Head Mistress Professor McGonagall,” finished Hermione by closing the letter.

“Where is the list of duties, so I know how boring this year is going to be?” he said worried as he watched Hermione scan the list.

“Whoa, these rules are harsh,” as Hermione shuttered. “No Head Boy or Girl is allowed to make out in the Great Hall, what do they think we are babies?”

“What, let me see that,” as Ron swiped the letter away from Hermione, reading the list for himself. “There isn’t anything about not making out in the Great Hall,” said Ron giving Hermione a frustrated look.

“Fooled you,” said Hermione as she laughed. “Ron you are so gullible, come on we should go and check out the Prefects.”

They made their way out of the compartment towards the Prefect compartment.

“So who do you think will be Prefect this year for Gryffindor since both of us are Head Boy and Girl, Hermione?” Ron questioned walking behind Hermione.

“I don’t know, I guess we have to find out,” just when Hermione opened the door she stopped half way walking into the compartment.

“Are you going to go in,” questioned Ron, trying to push Hermione in.

“Neville…what” what are you doing in here?” Hermione said with a questionable look on her face. “Are you a Prefect?”

“Oh, Hi Ron and Hermione, yeah I guess I am.” Neville said looking at them with a smile on his face. “I left Harry sitting with Krystel, both of them are talking about well you know what,” taking a look at Malfoy and Pansy.

Malfoy was sleeping on Pansy’s shoulder; Ernie and Hannah were talking to Anthony and Padma from Ravenclaw with Ginny.

“Well, I guess we can get started…Malfoy, wake up!” Hermione shouted. Malfoy woke up and glared at everyone who was laughing at him.

     That meeting was sort of boring, as Hermione gave each house their assignments and let them go to patrol the train. After dismissing everyone to do their duties, Hermione and I went to find Harry and Krystel. To my surprise when we arrived there, the compartment seemed full, not just of people but of Pumpkin Pasties, Chocolate Frogs, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans, Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum, Cauldron Cakes, Licorice Wands, Pumpkin Juice, and butterbeer. Neville, Ginny and Luna were in the compartment along with Harry and Krystel.

“So what’s the occasion?” asked Ron as he reached for a butterbeer and made his way to sit in between Ginny and Neville.

“It just our own ‘Welcome Back for our final year at Hogwarts because next year we can’t do this again’ Party,” said Harry proudly lifting his butterbeer giving at a toast to all his friends.

“Cheers,” cried everyone.

“So who bought all this?” questioned Hermione taking a look at Harry.

“Krystel and I bought most of the food,” said Harry looking at Hermione then taking her hand into his.

“So Krystel, tell me about yourself?” Hermione asked. Neville looked a bit worried of what she might say; she saw the look on his face, so she took his hand into hers and started to talk about herself.

“It first started with my parents, we moved from up North England, and I attended Beauxbatons, and yes Ron I knew about the Triwizard Tournament here at Hogwarts,” Krystel said looking at Ron closing his mouth. “I didn’t attend the trip because Madame Maxime wanted only 5th year and up and those with high marks to attend the visit. My parents got a raise and with that raise they would have to move to London. My family moved next door to Neville, he and his grandmother came over my house to greet my family, and for some reason Neville and I hit it off, it was sort of like a connection,” said Krystel squeezing Neville’s hand slightly.

“So, what type of work do your parents do for the Ministry?” Ginny asked.

“My father and mother work at the International Magical Office of Law,” said Krystel. She looked sort of worried that they didn’t like her very much, because mostly everyone’s faces looked stunned.

“What made you decide to attend Hogwarts, why didn’t you finish off going to Beauxbatons?” Hermione questioned, “Wasn’t it a great school?”

“It was great, I really enjoyed attending that school, don’t get me wrong, I had friends, but you promise not to tell.” Krystel said, everyone nodded, “My grandfather is the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.”

“Not surprising,” Hermione said, while everyone’s faces were still stunned.

“Really, so what did your grandfather do?” Harry said curious to find about how her grandfather became the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.

“Well, my grandfather is a retired Auror; he went into training with Alastor Moody, when they were young, and yes, I know about Moody,” as everyone’s face went stunned again, “He and my grandfather are friends.” Krystel finished.

“Let’s get this straight,” said Ron looking eager to find more information out of Krystel. “Your grandfather is a retired Auror, and is now teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts, and knows Mad Eye Moody.”

“Yeah, that’s correct,” nodded Krystel.

“So your parents know about the Order then?” questioned Ginny, holding her breath as Krystel nodded.

“Neville told me everything once I talked about my family being in the Order, about the good and the bad, even about people he knew who’s family belonged in the Order, that’s why once I saw all of you, I didn’t feel nervous in meeting you all,” Krystel said while looking at Neville as he started to turn red.

“Neville, how come you didn’t tell us about Krystel when you came over my house during the summer? Also how long have you two been going out?” Ron asked still in his confused state.

“For the third time today, ‘No One Asked’, and second of all we’ve been going out right after her grandfather and father gave me the ‘Talk’ and was surprised that I knew so much about Defense Against the Dark Arts. I told them I received lessons from Harry Potter and that I was friends with him, and they just welcomed me right in, no questions asked.” Neville finished putting a smile on his face.

“Wow, if I ever got a girl saying that I knew Harry, I would have loads of girlfriends.” Ron said laughing.

“Thanks, it good to know that my name is being put into good use,” said Harry sarcastically, looking at Ron.

     After we all changed into our Hogwarts robes, the train started to slow down. We all grabbed our trunks and made our way towards the horse-less carriages, while bumping into Hagrid on the way there. Neville showed Krystel to Hagrid, because this was her first year here at Hogwarts. Neville kissed her on the cheek and all of us said good luck to her as she followed Hagrid to the boats. After she left, we scrambled to find an empty carriage, it took us a while to find one, and once we all got in, the cart started to make its way towards the castle.


A/N: Yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah...I think you get the drift....shocking isn't it...Don't forget to review! Please!!