Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks for all those who have read, but didn't leave a review. Please leave one...I need some communication from outside of this rock I live on...I would be grateful if someone even just left a review saying, Hi!! Well enought of my whining...



     The carts drew closer and closer to the fully lit castle, as every minute passed by it seemed as if it enlarged in size and beauty. Neville, Ginny and Luna were in another cart, while Harry, Hermione, and I were in another. We talked about how our last year at Hogwarts will change the rest of our lives. The cart slowly stopped and we made our way out towards the castle. The Great Hall looks fascinating; I think they went over board with the decorations for the Welcome Back feast. The Great Hall was lit by thousands of candles that were floating in midair over four long tables that students began to fill up.

“I hope the Sorting Hat doesn’t sing a long song, because I’m starving.” Ron said hearing his stomach growl as he took a seat next to Harry and Neville. “Look there’s Krystel’s grandfather,” as Ron started pointing towards the staff table, Neville gave a nod to him as he nodded back.

“Look Professor McGonagall coming in with the first years,” said Hermione as she saw the Great Hall doors open.

“Look Neville there’s Krystel,” said Ron elbowing Neville. Krystel was right behind Professor McGonagall who led the first years to the front of the hall. When she arrived at the front she ordered the first years to stop. She walked to get the stool and placed the sorting hat on the stool.

     For a few seconds, there was complete silence. Then the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth”and the hat began to sing:

In times of old when I was new
And Hogwarts barely started
The founders of our noble school
Thought never to be parted:
Bold Gryffindor, form wild moor,
Fair Ravenclaw, from glen,
Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad,
Shrewd Slytherin, from fen.
You might be in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindor apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid to toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You’ll make your real friends
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
Now slip me snug about your ears,
I’ve never yet been wrong,
I’ll have a look inside your mind
And tell you where you belong!


     The whole hall burst out into applause and cheers as the hat finished. Students throughout the hall began to talk to each other, while Professor McGonagall was now unrolling a large scroll of parchment.


“When I call out your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool,” she told the first years. “When the hat announces your House, you will go and sit at the appropriate table.

“Acosta, Anthony”

A small boy with brown hair made his way through the crowd, slowly creeping towards the stool.

“RAVENCLAW!”

“Adams, Daylan”

“HUFFLEPUFF!”

     A few more students went Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, a chubby boy with black hair was the first to go to Slytherin. Alice Campbell was the first to be placed in Gryffindor. As more students began to be sorted, nervousness came over Neville, Harry, Hermione and I as we waited for Krystel to be called.

“Harrington, Krystel”, she walked boldly to the stool and placed the hat on her head. She sat down and smiled at Neville who started to cross his fingers.

“GRYFFINDOR!” shouted the hat. Neville, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Ron stood up applauding and cheering as she made her way towards them.

“Congratulations!” everyone said.

“Thank you,” said Krystel taking a sit next to Neville, who gave her a kiss on the cheek.

     After twenty minutes or so, the sorting ended. Professor McGonagall picked up the hat and the stool and carried them away. Professor Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. He was smiling around at the students, his arms opened wide in welcome.

“I have only two words to say to you,” he told everyone as his voice echoed around the Great Hall. “Dig in.” Once the words were said the plates around the Great Hall began to fill up with delicious food.

The Great Hall seemed to die down from students talking and eating, Professor Dumbledore stood up to announce. The hall fell silent.

“Ahem”just a few more words now that we are all filled to the point of exploding. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you.” Professor Dumbledore continued after clearing his throat with a small cough, “First years should not that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well.”

Professor Dumbledore nodded in the direction of Harry, Hermione, Neville, Ginny, and Ron, which then in return looked at the ground.

“I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors, and there is also a list of items that is contraband to those students who use it. The list will be posted in each house common room.

“Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch.

“Finally I would like to introduce you to our new Defense Against the Arts teacher, Professor Harrington,” said Professor Dumbledore turning to point at Professor Harrington who stood up to welcome the applause from the staff and students, but mostly from Harry, Hermione, Krystel, Neville, Ginny, Ron and Luna. “Now off to bed you go.”

     Students began to spill out of the Great Hall, while Prefects called out to the first years to follow them to their common rooms. Neville and Lavender helped guide some first years to the Gryffindor common room, while trailing behind some other students who didn’t know where they were headed. Hermione, Harry and I stayed back to talk to Hagrid at the staff table. But on our way there we were confronted by Professor McGonagall.

“Miss Granger and Mr. Weasley, will you follow me please,” said Professor McGonagall leading them out of the Great Hall.

“Harry, we’ll see you tomorrow, okay. Tell Hagrid we said ‘Hi’,” Hermione called out to Harry, as he gave them a nod.

“Professor, where are you taking us,” said Ron worried that they might be in trouble.

“Mr. Weasley, I am taking you two, to your Head common room, you will find when you are inside that there are rules that need to be followed. Also you will receive a message every morning of your duties for the week, which will be posted on your bulletin board. All of your belongings as you know have already been brought to your room. Are there any questions?” Professor McGonagall asked as they reached a portrait of a huge black dog.

“Er, Professor…how are going to get in?” Ron questioned scratching his head staring at the portrait of a black dog that was running around in the picture.

“There are different ways that you can get in, let me tell you before you go in,” as she cleared her throat. “Snuffles”

Then the black dog (that looked like Sirius Black’s Animagus) came to the end of the portrait, for a moment it seemed as the dog would have jumped out of the portrait. The dog sat down waiting patiently. Professor McGonagall pulled out a white glove from her robes and slipped it on her right hand.

“Snuffles, isn’t that Sirius nickname,” whispered Ron to Hermione who just nodded trying not to get Professor McGonagall’s attention.

“There are two ways in which you can get into your common room. One is if you scratch behind his ears as he is sitting upright, you tell him ‘come here snuffles’ and his head will bend down so that you are able to do so,” as Professor McGonagall showed them how, while Snuffles just smiled, but the portrait didn’t swing open.

“The second, is if he’s sleeping just run your hand over his back like so, ‘Snuffles lie down’,” the black dog listened and began to lie down, as Professor McGonagall began to stroke his back, but the portrait still didn’t open.

“Now your wondering how to get in since I did both of the password,” as Ron and Hermione looked with a confused and frustrated look on their faces.

“Put your hands on the portrait now,” Ron and Hermione obeyed but felt sort of odd and scared of what might happen to their hand. As their hand touched the portrait the black dog began to put his nose towards their hands.

“Now Ron, if you could be so kind and demonstrate the first password,” said Professor McGonagall, as she took off the glove from her hand then slipped it in her robes.

“S-Snuffles c-come-e here,” stuttered Ron as he watched Snuffles sit down then dropped his head so that Ron could scratch behind his ears. As he did so, the portrait began to open slowly as Ron walked backwards so that the door could open completely.

“In you go then, hope everything is in order. Good night,” said Professor McGonagall, leaving them standing on the outside of the portrait.

“Well...um, ladies first,” said Ron giving a bow to Hermione.

“Why, thank you kind sir,” as Hermione stepped in to their common room.

     The common room was fantastic, it had everything that a person would need or want in a room. The common room was filled with couches and tables; it looked the same as the Gryffindor common room. The problem is there weren’t anybody but Hermione and I. As the curious person that I am, I decided to go on a treasure hunt. I made my way to the first door I saw. So what’s behind lucky door number one, as I made my way in, it was a bathroom, well not just any bathroom. Who in their right minds would put a pool in a bathroom? I remember Harry telling me about the Prefects bathroom in our 4th year and how he used it to figure out one of the Triwizard tasks, but I didn’t know that Hogwarts would have another in this common room, there were shower two of everything: shower stalls, sinks, mirrors, cabinets and closets, toilets, also a basket where you could put your clothes or towels in.

     I made my way out from the bathroom and decided to go and find room number 2. My bedroom was unbelievable, it was a lot bigger than I expected. I did have my four post bed, but also a study desk filled with parchment, quills, ink, and stamps. My closet has a mirror on the door. Looking good by the way, checking myself in my full size mirror. The bed looked so comfy, that I just jumped right in and fell a sleep.





A/N: There you all go...enjoy! SUFFER till I return!!!