Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Since I've found time between my boring lectures by my not paid enough Professors that teach at a school that charges to much for three credit classes to add in another chapter of this amazing story that keeps making you want more! LOL, just kidding...I hope you leave a review when you finish reading this chapter and all the previous and future chapters...before I go into song and all shall suffer at my wrath! hahahahahehehehehe!



     Finally the first week of the semester was over and Saturday never looked better. I awoke again from Hermione’s crow, that always disrupted the soundless sleep I haven’t been getting since that day at the Burrow when I saw Hermione in the door way. Things have been going weird lately, I mostly enjoyed all my classes even Snape’s class; which was always a drag. I got dressed and went down stairs to freshen up in the bathroom.

“Morning Ron,” said Hermione sitting on the couch behind a letter. “You want to go down to breakfast with me?” as she placed the letter next to her.

“Sure, can you give me five minute,” said Ron, Hermione nodded. “Thanks”

“Ron, we need to have a meeting here around 5 ‘o clock tonight to plan for the Halloween Party, is that okay with you?” said Hermione waiting for Ron on the couch, a few minutes later he came out.

“No problem,” as Ron came out of the bathroom, “you ready to go?” making his way towards the portrait with Hermione leading the way.

     After we ate breakfast Ginny suggested that we should go and hang out by the lake, since Hagrid told us of a spot where we could swim with out hurting or disrupting any of the creatures that lived there. So we met Harry, Ginny, Neville, and Krystel, at the lake while Hermione and I headed back to our common room to change.I threw on a pair of swim trunks and a collar shirt, grabbing my towel to meet Hermione in the common room. When we arrived there everyone was already in their swim clothes, Neville and Harry were swimming while Ginny and Krystel sat on the shore talking.

“Finally, it took you guys long enough to get here,” said Krystel watching Hermione and Ron put down their things by them.

“Sorry I couldn’t decide what to wear,” said Hermione as she unbutton her shirt revealing her red bikini top and unhooked her skirt which feel to her feet showing a matching short swim shorts.

“That’s a cute bikini Hermione,” said Ginny as she started to laugh at Ron who had his eyes fixed on Hermione’s body. “Ron!”

      I shook my head and quickly changed myattention to Harry and Neville, who started to wrestle in the shallow part of the lake. My mind wouldn't shake the vision of Hermione in a bikini out of my mind, as I thought, 'she's with Harry so get over it,' but I couldn't.

“Thanks, are you guys going in?” Hermione asked looking at Ginny and Krystel shaking their heads. “Okay, well see you guys in there,” as she made her way to the water.

“Neville,” called Ron giving him a wink, Neville nodded and made a look at Harry to look at Hermione. Both of them swam towards her.

“Hermione can you help me, I think I might have stepped on something,” said Neville as Hermione walked towards Neville as he stood out of the water as he watched Harry come from behind her.

“Okay Neville what is it,” looking to find what Neville stepped on as he lifted his foot, just then Hermione was picked up from out of the water. “Harry put me down!” Hermione shouted trying to break free while Harry and Neville carried her to the deep end of the lake and threw her in.

“Neville how could you do that!” Krystel shouted as she stood up looking at Neville and Harry for what they did to Hermione.

“You both are in big trouble!” added Ginny, shaking a finger at both of them, as they started to laugh.

“What?” chorused Harry and Neville, as they watched Hermione swim towards the shore, “Sorry,” both said with out laughing, but Hermione couldn’t help but laugh as well as she jumped on Neville and both fell into the water again. Harry couldn’t resist but jump right in.

“Don’t hurt them Hermione,” said Krystel shaking her head as she sat back down, so did Ron and Ginny.

“Can I tell you guys something,” said Ron feeling a little awkward that he’s saying this. “I’m starting to like Hermione, is that a crime?” as his attention went back to Hermione playing with Neville and Harry.

“Do you Ron?” said Ginny, Ron gave her a nod as he looked down picking up a pebble and started rolling it in his hands. “It’s okay Ron, people are entitled to their emotions, and I know that Harry and Hermione are going out, may be this feeling might just go away soon and you’ll find someone that likes you.”

“Yeah Ron, may be the reason why your attracted to Hermione is because your emotions want to cling on to someone who cares for you. But maybe you should set your emotions on someone else.” Krystel said sympathetically.

“But I don’t want anyone else; I’ve made up my mind. For some reason I can’t get her out of my mind. You saw my expression Ginny when she was standing in the door way of your room,” Ginny nodded. “When I’m with her, Harry or not, it just feels right and I know that I like her, it’s just how can I get her to notice me,” dropping the pebble on the ground.

“Ron when the time comes, you’ll know and everything will work out, maybe you should talk to her tonight or something,” said Ginny giving her brother a pat on the back.

“I”I guess your right…maybe I’ll talk to her tonight,” giving his sister a pat on the knee, then leaving his hand there, “Ginny do you like water?” said Ron with a smile.

“Yes…why?” Ginny said looking at Ron who apparently lifted her up and ran towards the water, “Ronald Weasley you’re going to get it if you…” but it was too late, Ginny was soaked.

“Now look, I’m the only one not in the water!” yelled Krystel from the shore seeing everyone in the water having fun.

“Hey, Neville you do the honors, she’s your girlfriend” said Hermione giving Neville an evil grin, and with that he ran out of the lake chasing Krystel who eventually ran screaming. But Neville got the best of her since he was taller and carried her to the lake while she kicked and screamed to be freed.

     After we finished playing in the lake for another hour, we headed back to the common room to get ready for dinner. As I changed out of my wet clothes, the thought of confronting Hermione made me nervous and scared, what if she doesn’t like me, what happens after I tell her, will things between both of us ever be the same like before. And what will happen if I don’t tell her, will my life ever be complete or just left like a towel hanging out to dry. I walked to the common room to meet Hermione so we could walk to dinner. We ate with Neville, Harry, Ginny and Krystel. Dinner was awesome; I totally filled up my stomach with the most delicious food, as I reached for some dessert Hermione started to get up from the table.

“Oh Ron remember to met in the common room at 5 now,” said Hermione reassuring Ron, as he gave her a nod.

“Well, I have to be going. I have to set up for Quidditch try-outs.” Harry said also leaving the table.

“We have to go too,” said Neville as Krystel stood up to leave with him. “Homework for Herbology and Potions remember?” Ron gave him a nod, as he watched him and Krystel walk out the great hall.

“Sorry Ron but I have to meet up with Luna,” said Ginny as she stood up and walked towards the Ravenclaw table.

     It seems everyone is ditching me, but why? I finished my desert and looked at the time; it was 10 minutes before 5 p.m. so I decided to leave. As I walked through the halls and stairs making me way to met Hermione, my stomach felt as though someone just punched the air out of me, I don’t know what to do or say to her when I get there, the only thing I know is that I should do is confront her. Why am I getting all worked up about, I’m just going to have a casual meeting with Hermione to discuss the Halloween Party. I reached the portrait of Snuffles and he was running around in his portrait, after I called to him and scratched behind his ears, the portrait swung open.

“Great Ron you’re here, let’s get started,” said Hermione as she had stacks of parchment and quills on a table in the common room.

     Hermione first talked about what years should be allowed to come to this party, also the decorations, the band that would be playing that night, and what type of refreshments will be served there. I added my opinion and suggestions when she asked, because I didn't want to interfere with her vision of how spectacular this dance is going to be, as I drifted off in my mind about what happen at the lake.

“The only thing we need is to either wear muggle clothing or dress robes?” she said rummaging through piles of parchment for an empty sheet.

“What,” said Ron unknowingly as he dropped his quill, Hermione went to pick up the quill not looking down as both Ron and Hermione’s hand touched.

“Sorry about that,” said Ron blushing, as he picked up the quill from the floor.

“It’s alright,” she assured him returning a smile.

“Er, Hermione…can I ask you a question?” Hermione nodded as Ron continued, “Do you really like Harry?” with a concern look on his face.

Hermione just looked at Ron with a smile on her face, “what would make you think that I don’t?” giving him a puzzled look.

“Well can I tell you something…will you promise not to get mad?” Ron said taking in a deep breath, “I wanted to tell you that you’re the one I’m thinking of every since I saw you in the door way,” just when the words came out Hermione’s face froze in disbelief, “I know your with Harry, and that's why I didn't want to say anything to you...I just wished I got to you sooner. Because I'm started to really like you,” Hermione leaned back on her chair frozen, still making eye contact with Ron, “I don’t know what it means now, but what I do know is that when you’re around me, everything feels right, the connection is there. So what I’m trying to say is that…will you give me a chance? Because I think I’m fallen for you,” Ron finished leaving Hermione breathing heavily still gazing into Ron’s eyes as he reached to grasp her hand. “Please Hermione say something?”

Ron softly squeezed her hand, “Harry,” quivered Hermione, who still felt stunned at what she just heard.

Ron mumbled, “Harry?” as he stood up from his chair staring down at the frightening look on her face.

Just when that word was mentioned, someone appeared under an invisibility cloak with anger on his face.

“Ron what the hell do you think your doing?” yelled Harry making his way towards Ron ready to strangle him. Harry rushed Ron and they both fell over on the floor. Harry still had a firm grip around Ron’s neck.

“Harry, no…leave him alone,” cried Hermione trying to pull Harry off of Ron. Once she finally managed to get Harry’s hands off of Ron’s neck, she pushed Harry away from Ron, as he began grasping for air.

“Harry…what has gotten into you?” said Ron still breathing hard and rubbing his neck.

“What’s gotten into me, what the he…”as he was cut off by Hermione wrapping her hand in front of his mouth. Then Hermione made her way towards Ron.

“Ron I need to give you something,” said Hermione as she stood face to face with Ron. She slapped him across the face leaving a white handprint which faded to a red mark; he didn’t move his face”which tilted to his right”but held back his tears and emotions from her. “That is for making me wait…” then she slowly made her hand glide softly across his red cheek, “…and this, this is for finally coming around.” She gently pulled Ron’s face downwards to hers giving him a gentle kiss, which in turn he grabbed her waist lifting her a bit pulling her closer to him as her arms slowly wrapped around his neck to hold on to him lifting her.

Harry started clapping, “Guys, you can come out now! He finally did it!” he shouted as Hermione and Ron broke apart and looked his friends coming out from different areas of their common room applauding with Harry.

“Harry what’s going on?” Ron said with a confused look, still holding onto Hermione.

Harry pulled out of his pocket a small bell and rang it, “this calls for a celebration, now where’s Dobby.” Just then the portrait door opened and Dobby pushed a cart in with bottles of Butterbeer, “just in time Dobby, everyone grab one.” Harry grabbed three from the cart and passed one to Hermione and Ron who took it, Ron still had a confused look on his face. “A toast to Hermione and Ron, well it took a while to finally get you two together, but I think it was all worth it, to Ron and Hermione!” as Harry lifted up his Butterbeer then taking a sip of it.

“To Ron and Hermione!” echoed through out the common room as each person took a sip of their drink.

“So Harry, what’s really going on,” said Ron puzzled.

“Well,” started Hermione as she placed her Butterbeer on the table and motioned Ron to sit on the couch, “it sort of started last year, when I finally broke up with Victor, for good. It was so easy to break up with him because I sort of started to like you, a lot,” as she began to blush. “That’s why I ended up breaking up with him, then over the summer I saw you in the door way, I wasn’t sure that you were the one that I should pursue, but I felt really scared of the emotions that was running through my mind at the time. So I turned to the next person I knew that could help me figure out a way for you to finally notice me.”

“I did notice you,” pleaded Ron.

“I know you probably did Ron, but no one made a move, and that’s when Harry jumped in the picture, I thought if I used him it might make you jealous and for some odd reason it worked.” Harry raised his Butterbeer to him with a smile.

“Thanks,” Ron said to Harry with a grin, “so were you all in on this?” as he stared at Neville, Krystel, Ginny and Luna who were crowded around Hermione and Ron.

Everyone nodded there heads.

“But Ron, where not the only one’s who were in on it,” said Neville rethinking about what he just said as Krystel gave him a slap on the air, “ouch.”

“Who else was in on this?” said Ron still sort of frustrated about what he was hearing.

“My grandfather, Professor McGonagall, Hagrid, Professor Flitwick…” added Krystel as she stopped talking as she saw the face everyone but Ron was giving her. “Sorry”

“So that’s why I was mostly paired up with you in all my classes, I thought it was just my lucky day,” Ron said with a smile on his face, Hermione just ignored that comment and continued.

“Yeah, well I called the meeting today because Dumbledore wanted us to start planning, and I knew that you need time with me to finally let it out, so I devised a plan so that Harry would be hiding under his cloak while everyone just hid in the closest rooms, so if you confessed everything; which I’m glad you did, I would call Harry from under his cloak to make a scene and well confront you personally,” said Hermione as she took Ron’s hand into her giving him a smile which he did in return.

“Well, next time could you skip the slap part,” said Ron rubbing his free hand on his cheek. “I guess there’s one thing I have to do.” Ron quickly kissed Hermione, pulled her up off the couch, still holding her hand walked to Harry. “Harry, I guess I should thank you,” as he stuck out his hand for Harry to shake.

Harry took his hand, “There is no need too, I know you’ll make her happy,” but Ron pulled him in for a hug. “I think Hermione is getting jealous.” Ron released Harry.

“Well I guess it’s getting late, so see you all in the morning,” suggested Hermione as everyone began to stand up and head towards the portrait. Ron pulled Hermione to him so that she had her back against his chest; wrapping his arms around her as she leaned back letting her head relax on his shoulders clutching his masculine arms.

“Get a room, you two.” Ginny said while leaving through the door laughing along with Luna.

“We have one. Now get out!” yelled Ron to Ginny watching the portrait close behind her.

Hermione turned around and gazed into Ron’s eyes as he gave her a smile, “So since we’re alone,” as she wrapped her arms around his neck, “what do you want to do now?” Ron took her arms off his shoulder and placed it in front of him as Hermione started to look down with disappointment.

Ron lifted her chin slowly with his hand so that their eyes met and said, “I am going to take you to your room, and kiss you goodnight,” seeing a smile come upon her face, he leaned down to kiss Hermione, as he picked her up effortlessly in his masculine arms” not breaking the kiss” and started to make his way towards the stairs.


A/N: Another chapter has gone...and yet this is not the end...to bad. This could have been a good ending don't you think! LOL...