Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

~The Truth Uncovered~ by psychofreak

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Hooray, now my story isn't invisible! lol. Well I hope you enjoy reading...



     I’ve never seen the Three Broomstick’s so packed in my life. There were hardly any place to sit, let alone stand. Teachers and students jammed there way in and out of the door, as Harry motioned us to hurry to two open tables.

“Thanks Justin,” said Harry giving him a hand shake, Justin shook his hand and got off his stool, Susan was sitting amongst them.

“No problem, Harry,” Justin motioned his friends to go outside and asked, “Just promise me you’ll beat Slytherin next week. Right?”

Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Krystel arrived at the tables and stared at the Hufflepuff students that left the table.

Harry nodded, “Right, thanks again Justin. Bye Susan,” as Justin grabbed her hand as she waved bye to everyone.

“Well, see you all later.” Justin left them to find his friends. Harry made a wink to Ron and Neville who understood what that meant as they lead their girlfriends to a stool.

“Why thank you, kind gentlemen,” said Ginny to the boys, while Hermione and Krystel just smiled.

“Just sit here, we'll be back with the drinks,” offered Neville as Ron and Harry left to the bar.

“So what do you think they’re talking about, since they’re giggling like crazy now?” questioned Ron to Harry and Neville, making his way through the crowd with them following.

Harry quickly turned around to look back at the table, “I don’t know,” he shrugged his shoulders. “Man, if there was a spell or something that could read into their minds, I would definitely want to learn that and fast.”

“They’re talking about us, look…” Neville tapped Ron and Harry on the shoulders, making them turn around to look at the table. “See I can tell because whenever Krystel talks about me, she starts playing with her fingers see...look she’s doing it…” as Krystel started to cup her hand and braid her fingers together. “Am I right or what?”

“Neville, you’re a genius. How did you know that?” asked Ron in disbelief and awe of what he saw.

“It’s a gift. That and Ginny told me,” Neville sounding sure of himself.

“Look Ginny’s putting a strand of hair behind her ear,” said Harry pointing at her. “That means she’s blushing. Ron look, Hermione's twisting her hair in her fingers. I guess you know now who they’re talking about?” They turned around to look at their table with giggling girls.

“Us,” they said in unison.



“Here you go ladies,” said Harry placing a Butterbeer in front of Ginny. Ron and Neville did the same then taking a seat next to them.

After taking sips of their Butterbeer, Neville broke the silence, “So what were you ladies talking about while we were gone?” He placed his right arm around Krystel’s shoulder.

She grabbed his hand with her left and placed it by her waist, Neville smiled and started to take a drink.

“If you want to know, we were talking about how badly you kiss.” After hearing that, sprays of Butterbeer flew out of Harry, Ron and Neville’s mouth in different directions.

All the girls just busted out laughing.

“Excuse me,” said Ron as he wiped his mouth. “Sorry about that, sir.” He handed an old man a napkin with a small smile on his face. The old man took the napkin and started to rub his face and his clothes.

     Harry picked up the conversation, he started to talk about Quidditch. Man, sometimes I wonder if he eats, sleeps, and breaths about Quidditch. So as the conversation carried, I decided to play around with Hermione. So I slowly dropped my hand on my lap and when no one noticed I placed my hand on Hermione’s knee. She didn’t even flinch a bit from my touch so I started to play with her knee by tickling with my fingers. A smile came across her face; I guess she started to enjoy it, as I played around for a few minutes. My hands slowly made its way gently caressing her thigh; I guess she couldn’t handle it because her hand came under the table to push my hand back down to her knee. She mumbled “stop” under her breath and turned her attention back to the conversation. I decided to play hard to get and continued to tease her. For a while she started to give in and readjusted her self on her stool. My mind started to race at full speed, until reality snapped back in…

Hermione grabbed Ron's hand and placed it roughly on the table, “Ron, stop. I mean it,” and she walked away from the table leaving everyone staring at him in confusion.

“Sorry, I’ll go talk to her…" Ron pushed away from the table only to be stopped my Ginny, he before stood up.

“We’ll go and talk to her,” Ron nodded as Ginny motioned Krystel to follow her leaving the Three Broomsticks to look for Hermione.

“Ron, what did you do to make her storm out like that?” said Harry after watching the girls leave through the front door.

“Nothing really, I just started teasing her that’s all,” Ron said truthfully letting out a big sigh. “But I think I may have gone too far.”

“Yup, that’s for sure,” said Neville shaking his head. “Maybe you should talk to her when we get back to school, let the girls handle it for now.” Ron just nodded in approval.

“Taking it slower, yeah, Ron,” Harry said sarcastically giving Ron a wink which he started to bust out laughing.

“Shut up Harry,” as Ron gave him a punch in the arm which made him lose balance and fell back landing on the ground still laughing. “Bloody Harry’s gone mental,” Ron said as he and Neville just stared at Harry for a few seconds before helping him up.

     After a few minutes, we decided it was time to head back to school, on the way to the carriages I tried to wave at Hermione, but I guess she didn’t see me. Krystel just motioned me to go with the boys and let them handle her. I think they need more people to calm her down, I have no clue what’s gotten into her. I made my way to my common room and just sat on the couch waiting for Hermione which didn’t take long.

Hermione came in from the portrait and spotted Ron on the couch in front of the fire, “Great you’re here. Because we need to talk,” taking a seat next to Ron.

Ron turned to face Hermione and took her hand into his, “I want to go first,” as she nodded. “I want to know why you pushed away from me when we were outside of Defense Against the Dark Arts, are you afraid or embarrassed to be seen with me?”

Hermione sat in shock of what she just heard and hesitated to continue. “No, I don’t feel embarrassed when I’m with you,”

“Then why does it seem that every time I try to do something with you in public, you push away from me?” He fought back.

“You want to know the reason…” said Hermione trying to get a hold of her self by taking a few breaths so that she wouldn’t break down crying in front of Ron.

“Yes, please tell me, I want to know why,” as he lifted her chin so that their eyes met.

She nodded and continued, “I”I’m scared that I can’t trust myself when I’m with you,” and Ron went into shock when he heard that. “I pull away from you because I’m not yet secure about my self or comfortable when I’m with you.”

Ron’s head dropped and focused on the glistening flame in the fireplace.

“So am I doing something wrong, that’s making you uncomfortable with me?” he asked as he looked back at her, “because if you want me to stop or give you distance I can,”

“No, I don’t want you to pull away from me; it’s just that I’m not ready to take things further than it may be, don’t get me wrong I love making out with you, but anything further than that and I feel insecure and unsure of myself that if I kept going on something might happen that we’ll regret and I don’t know if I can put myself up to that.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that you felt this way? I could have controlled myself better and found other ways to make you happy,”

“Ron, I am happy,” as she leaned in to kiss him softly on the lips. “Now it’s my turn.”

A smile came on his face. “Why does it seem that you have to be all intimate with me and especially in public, like the time we saw Malfoy in the library, and you just became more intense? I thought you were going to start ripping my clothes off right then and there,” she said a bit trembling from her memory.

“Yeah, sorry about,” he said remorsefully.

“It’s alright, but I don’t want to feel like some trophy girlfriend“that you can go and show off to everyone” turning off and on when ever you want to in front of everyone.”

“I don’t turn you off or on whenever I feel like it,” he said as she gave him a look that made him break down. “Okay, okay. I might have been overboard with that, and I’m sorry again, but I don’t think of you as a trophy girlfriend, and I can’t help it that I want to show or shout to everyone that I’m going out with Hermione Granger, because I’m not ashamed. But I do sense you are because it seems the only people who know about us going out are the ones who were in on the so called, ‘plan’.”

“As I said earlier, I’m not ashamed to be with you, I just believe that there is a time and place to do everything, and if you want to make a big scene by all means go ahead. But just remember that they’re students that look up to us for guidance and they don’t need to get brain washed knowing that their Head Boy and Girl are making out in front of everyone and to know that it’s okay, when there are no rules saying you can’t. But what I’m trying to get at is we’re trying to set an example, that’s why Professor Dumbledore gave us, yes I mean us, this position because he knows that we can live up to it.”

“Thanks for the guilt trip,” he said as he received a slap in the arm. “Ouch, okay I get it. So do you want to stop making out in public?” he said as he pulled her to him.

“No, I just don’t want to get to carried away,” Hermione explained. Sitting on his lap she placed her head on his shoulder. “But right now we can,” she finished as she leaned in to kiss him. He didn’t hold back but instead slipped his arms under her legs, supporting her back with his other arm and picked her up, not breaking the kiss. “…W-where are we going?”

“We are going to see Harry,” said Ron making his way to the portrait and opening it with his foot.

“Why are we going to see him?” she said sitting in his arms, “you know I have legs to walk, so you can put me down,” she joked as she fixed her grip around his neck.

“No, I’m not going to put you down, you might run away, and it’s a good work out for my arms. Also I’m starving. We missed dinner and I think the gang is probably worried about us.”

Hermione gave him a kiss on the cheek. “But why are we going to see Harry?”

“Didn’t he tell you?”

Hermione shook her head. “No, tell me what?”

“About the bell in his hand when you played that trick on me.”

She shook her head.

“And I thought you catch everything…well Dobby gave him that bell for his birthday back at the Burrow. If Harry rings the bell, then Dobby shows up giving Harry anything he wants from the kitchen,” said Ron making his way up the staircase to the fourth floor still holding Hermione in his arms, “so that’s the reason why we’re going to see Harry.”

“Oh, so when were you planning on telling me about this?” she questioned giving him a harsh look.

“Please don’t bring up the whole S.P.E.W. thing again,” Ron pleaded as he turned a corner seeing the Fat Lady in sight.

“Get a grip, Ron. So what’s the password Mr. Doesn’t-Want-To-Tell-Me-About-Dobby?”

“Pig snout,” said Ron to the Fat Lady.

“In you go dears,” said the Fat Lady as the portrait swung open. Ron walked in to the Gryffindor common room surprised to see that Harry, Ginny, Neville and Krystel was sitting in the common room.

“Hey guys, what you all doing?” said Ron walking towards them still carrying Hermione.

“Hermione, what happened? Did my brother hurt you?” said Ginny shocked seeing her brother carrying Hermione.

“No, he’s just being all macho,” said Hermione after Ron placed her on a chair.

“Hey Harry, could you get Dobby to bring some food, since we missed dinner?” Ron asked as he stretched out his arms.

“Sure no problem, be right back” as Harry ran up the stairs to get the bell.

“So did you both work out your little situation,” Krystel said breaking the silence.

“Yes, and now were seeing things a lot clearer now,” added Hermione taking Ron’s hand into hers.

     A few minutes passed and Dobby brought the food that Harry asked. We ate and talked for a few hours. After we left the Gryffindor common room, I picked Hermione back up and made our way back to our common room.



A/N: I guess you all know what to do...which is to don't stop reading this story...LOL...