Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Other Member by biggerstaff15

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I own nothing related to Harry Potter except for books 1-5! I hope you like this:

Chapter 1: Finally


It was one of the coldest nights in the summer and a boy lay on his bed. He hadn't bothered to cover himself because he really didn't care. He was replaying something horrible, something that he never wanted to happen...again. He was Harry Potter. And he was watching one of the most important people in his life die. Sirius Black, his godfather. The other most important people in his life were his two best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, his headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, the wisest man on earth, and his mother and father, Lily and James Potter. He didn't remember them very much because some one had ripped them from his life. Someone with no heart had torn Harry from his loving parents and stole their time with him, leaving Harry to live with his god-forsaken aunt and uncle and evil, snide cousin. That somebody was Lord Voldemort.
*
Lord Voldemort was foul. He wasn't even considered human. He did the worst things imaginable to innocent people...including Harry Potters parents. One late night he came to get them because they refused to join with the Death Eaters, Voldemorts followers, they refused to basically give their soul up to the lowest person. They were faithful to Dumbledore and they planed on remaining that way. The only reason Voldemort killed them is because he knew that they were powerful wizards, with a powerful child. The prophecy told him that he had to kill Harry because basically, he could not live while Harry was living. But something horrible happened to him. After he finished off James and Lily with one of the Unforgivable Curses, Avada Kedavra, he turned to do the same to Harry. But Harry was protected by his mothers love and even the most evil curse could not kill someone with love so deep in their skin. The spell backfired and Voldemort vanished. He didn't die though.... he was biding his time waiting and waiting, and well, you know what happened.
*

Harry stared at the ceiling trying his hardest not to cry for the tenth time in one day. He hated his life. He was alone and he lost Sirius and he was stuck in this hellhole for who knows how long. He couldn't control it. He felt the wave of tears coming back to him. He burst into tears again and turned on his stomach to muffle the crying. The last thing he wanted was Dudley making fun of him for crying. Of course none of the Dursleys had had any sympathy for anyone and he wasn't expecting it either. They actually made it better on him because they were informed by Dumbledore what happened and they just left Harry alone.

As Harry let the tears pour out of him he took deep breathes. In and out, in and out. He was trying to steady himself when he heard what sounded like a branch crack outside. He whipped around fast as lightning to see what it was. He had grown immensely on his reflexes ever since his fifth encounter with Voldemort. When he walked slowly up to his window, he looked at Hedwig, his owl, to see if she was awake and could have caused the noise, but she was fast asleep. So he carried on to the window and slowly opened it. He felt the cold breeze whip his face as he looked down the street looking for anything out of ordinary. What he saw made his heart drop to his stomach and he froze. Someone was walking away and turned to look back at his window. When the person realized he was at the window it walked away quickly. It was so dark that Harry couldn't even make out if it was a man or a woman. The shape was hunched so Harry couldn't tell if it had breasts to make it a woman. He turned to look at his alarm clock and it was 3:30am! Who could be out this late and watching Harry. When he turned back to look at him/her again, he/she was gone. Harry turned and sat at his desk, thinking.
*

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" Harry jumped up and banged his head on his lamp. He ran over to his bed side table and turned the alarm off. 8:05 am. Harry must have fallen asleep thinking about the person. He dragged himself to the door, still feeling groggy and tired. His head hurt a little, but what else was new. Ever since the trip to the Ministry of Magic, Harry's head was always dully stinging.

He opened the door and walked slowly down the stairs and walked into the kitchen where Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and Dudley were already there. Aunt Petunia put a bowl of porridge in front of him with a glass of milk. 'That was nice', Harry thought, Aunt Petunia had always given him water and said that milk was for her growing boy, Dudley.

Dudley was a massive chunk of meat and muscles because he was on the wrestling team for his school. Harry was still skinny and tall, thanks to a nice little growth spurt after he came home from Hogwarts. He still had messy hair that he gave up on it trying to look better. He seemed to think his hair had a mind of its own.


Uncle Vernon looked over his newspaper at Harry. Harry stared back to see if he was going to say anything to him. Vernon returned his gaze to Dudley, then back to his newspaper. Harry thought that this was very odd and went back to his porridge. Dudley suddenly took his gaze off from his food, which he never did until it was finished. “No! I’m not taping my kung-fu robo cops!!!!” He threw his plate across the room and ran upstairs.

Aunt Petunia yelled, “Pumpkins!! I’ll bring you some more breakfast!” and she hurried upstairs with a fresh plate for Dudley. Harry felt very awkward sitting in the kitchen, alone, with Uncle Vernon. So he finished his porridge and milk and stood up to put the dishes in the sink.

“Sit down,” came Uncle Vernon’s voice from behind the counter. His voice sounded odd though, like he had something meaningful to say. Harry did as he was told. The headline of the newspaper he was reading said that a crazy woman had escaped a mental hospital and that a reward was being handed out if anyone had seen her. The photo was a woman with blonde hair and a slim face. Harry figured the slimness of her face was due to the fact that she was crazy and probably didn’t eat much. She did look familiar to Harry but before further investigation of the picture, it slapped down on the table and Uncle Vernon was looking at Harry.

“As you may know, your school’s headmaster keeps in touch with us and he has asked if we would let you go to some sort of a secret place tomorrow evening.” Uncle Vernon’s face was contracted like something foul was under his nose. Harry guessed that he was that something foul.

“We are letting you go, under one circumstance.” He added snidely. “You have to do every chore for Aunt Petunia no matter what it is. Is that clear?”

Harry was astonished. This was all he had to do? This was great. Then again, Harry guessed that Vernon was scared of Dumbledore. Dumbledore would come no matter what Vernon said. Harry knew that Vernon thought the same thing.

“O.K” said Harry. “How am I getting there? Are you driving me?” He asked

“YOU THINK I WOULD DRIVE! AND HAVE ANOTHER ASSOSIATION WITH YOUR PEOPLE AFTER LAST TIME!” Uncle Vernon bellowed this like an angry rhinoceros.

“No” Harry said quickly, “I just wasn’t sure.” He added, trying not to anger his uncle any further.

“You will be picked up by Remus Lupin and your headmaster, Albus Dumbledore IF you have done the chores” Said Uncle Vernon. “Go upstairs now and pack your things.”
“And try to keep the crying down tonight, alright? Petunia and I have to sleep.” He added.

Harry walked over to the sink and put his dishes in it. He started to climb the stairs. Had anyone else but a Dursley said that to Harry and he would have been quite upset by it, but Harry knew only to well what they were truly like.

When he got into his room, he looked around, there wasn’t much to pack. He packed his things; let Hedwig fly for a little bit before he locked her up. He would be leaving this place for another year! Harry was so happy. This was his shortest stay at the Dursley residence by far!

After all of his spell books and potion books were packed, his wand, his Firebolt, his invisibility cloak and everything else he had, he sat on his bed polishing his wand, and he then cleaned out Hedwig’s cage of droppings, he ripped down the calendar he made counting down the days until he would be back at Hogwarts, then he went back downstairs.

Aunt Petunia was in the kitchen about to star cleaning the dishes. She looked up to see who entered the kitchen and took of her rubber gloves. “You can do this,” She said to Harry, thrusting the gloves into his hands, “and if I see one spec of food leftover on the plates, you can do the whole set again!” She said shrilly.

After Harry finished the dishes, Aunt Petunia inspected them well. She approved. She then gave a two page list of chores to do. But for some reason, none of the chores was outside. Harry assumed that Dumbledore also told them not to let Harry out of the house in the case that Voldemort might show up.

After a whole day of cleaning, Aunt Petunia inspected everything. She made Harry re-do a couple of things, but not too many. By the time Harry was done, Aunt Petunia had supper on the table, Harry ate it quickly and then washed his own dish. He went upstairs to his room and saw Hedwig on his window sill with a note clamped in he claw. He grabbed it quickly and read it:

Dear Harry,

Please inform your guardians to remove all blockages from their fireplace as we are coming in by Floo Powder; we wouldn’t want an incident like two years ago, would we? Also tell them that we are coming at noon rather than evening, we would like to be done traveling by midday. Hope you are feeling a little better. We will talk more tomorrow.
Sincerely,
Remus Lupin

Harry laughed silently remembering the incident before his fourth year at Hogwarts when Mr. Weasley blew apart the Dursleys fireplace and sent soot and ashes everywhere. This was going to be an interesting sight tomorrow. He didn’t know what Lupin meant about, “We will talk more tomorrow.”

Harry went back to his window, closed and locked it and locked Hedwigs cage. He would be gone tomorrow and most likely be seeing his best friends. He couldn’t wait. He was staring out of his window and looking for anyone else roaming the streets when he realized he had better get some good sleep. He still didn’t know where Dumbledore and Lupin would be taking him. He went into his bed covered himself with his sheets, put his glasses on his nightstand table and closed his eyes.

Finally he didn’t cry himself to sleep.


A/N: I hope you like my story. I hope it isn’t too short but if I was to write it longer, I think I would just be blabbing on and boring you. So I think that keeping it relevantly short and simple will make it easier to read! Thank you so much.