Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dance With Me by CLee

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dance With Me




The night air was absoluetly perfect. There was not a cloud in the sky, and hundreds of tiny candles emitted a warm glow apon the wedding guests smiling faces. The reception had just begun, and the bride and groom were applauded as they stepped out into the sand for their first official dance as a married couple.

The night sky was vast, covered in glistening diamonds, and for a moment the couple's heads tipped back in awe. Sand covered their feet, as they shuffled around the soft beach. The piano cadenza soon became a duet with the sound of the calming ocean giving a relaxing and romantic atmosphere. Hermione smiled, glancing up into her new husband's face.

"It's beautiful out here," she whispered.

"Yes," Harry replied softly, staring into his wife's eyes intently, "it certainly is."

Hermione's long luxurious white gown flowed around them, giving them the illusion that they were floating on silky clouds. One of Harry's strong hands rested on the small of her back while the other cradled her hand protectively. Hermione's free hand was roaming over his back in a fluid motion to the music.

Hermione rested her cheek on Harry's broad shoulder. "I love you," she murmured into his ear.

"I love you too," Harry said letting go of her hand and raising her chin. "I love you so much," he said, bringing his lips down upon hers. It was a gentle, soft kiss…the kind of kisses Harry was best at. Slow, loving, and compassionate.

Neither of the happy couple noticed when several other people came out to join them under the moonlight. The entire world was forgotten as they kissed and danced. Hermione sighed happily when they pulled away; nothing could ruin this perfect moment. Harry was her husband; they would be together forever. No more pretending, or avoiding the obvious. Hermione thought back to when Harry first declared his love for her.

During their seventh year, Hermione and her close friends said 'I love you' to each other almost everyday. It became a natural thing for them to say to each other…that is until one day Harry sat her down, looked at her seriously and said, 'Hermione, I am in love with you,' and instantly she knew that he no longer meant as a friend. It was the happiest day of her life…until her wedding day.

Today Harry Potter and Hermione Granger could show just how much they loved each other. It was apparent in each of their eyes tonight, while they danced leisurely underneath the velvet sky. It was then announced that a song was going to be sung in dedication to Mr. and Mrs. Harry Potter, and soon a man stood up and began to sing with a piano and cello in the background....

Someday when I'm awfully low
When the world is cold
I will feel a glow
Just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight

O but you're lovely
With your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft
There is nothing for me but to love you
Just the way you look tonight

With each word, your tenderness grows
Tearing my fear apart
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose
Touches my foolish heart

Lovely never never change
Keep that breathless charm
Won't you please arrange it
Cause I love you
Just the way you look tonight.

That song would live in her heart forever. A tear dropped as Hermione looked on at the image of them dancing on the beach; she always cried when they played this song. She had lost count on how many times she had looked back on this night through her Pensieve. She stood next to the memory of Harry and herself, smiling as she heard Harry softly whispering 'I Love You,' into her ear. Oh how she wished she could return to that night, to dance with Harry again, to hold him, and feel him....

Moments later, Hermione appeared back at her flat in London, and continued to hum the song she and Harry had danced to. She sat down on her huge bed; the huge bed that she now had to sleep in alone every night. She gazed around her room at all of her pictures of Harry. Their wedding day, their reception, their wedding night, and their honeymoon to Australia. She smiled, remembering all of the wonderful memories. She stood up to get a closer look at them all, and eventually wondered throughout her entire flat watching all of the pictures move with life. Pictures of them at their first anniversary, second anniversary, third anniversary…and now here she stood as a widow, on the night of their fourth anniversary.

Fresh tears ran down her cheeks when she realized that this was her first anniversary with out Harry.

She slumped down to the ground, hugging herself. "Harry," she choked out to the empty room....

A few hours passed by and Hermione dozed off with her head resting on her knees. She awoke and shifted and her neck when it began to tingle with pain from the position it was in. "Hermione," she heard someone say. Pain forgotten, her head shot up…it was Harry.

"Harry!" she shrieked as she jumped to her feet.

"Hermione," he repeated taking her into his arms. "I've missed you so much," he said, his voice quivering.

Hermione quickly pulled his head down, crushing his lips to hers. She frantically sought out his tongue as her hands wove themselves into his messy hair. She shivered violently as he responded to the kiss, his hands tracing her arms lightly. "Harry," she gasped between breaths, "I love you," she said between kisses as he invaded her mouth over and over again.

Hermione held onto him with all of her strength, never wanting to let him go again. Her heart soared as he clutched her to his body and softly said, "I love you, I'm never leaving you again."

"I love you too, Harry," she said as she brought her lips back up to his.

"Hermione," she heard a voice say.

"Hermione, wake up," it said again.

Slowly she opened her eyes. Harry was gone, and she was sitting slumped up against her couch. She saw Ron leaning down next to her. It was just a dream, she thought, her heart sinking lower inside her stomach.

"Hey," Ron said quietly as he saw her eyes open. "How are you doing?" he asked cautiously. He knew this was her first anniversary without Harry.

"I'm fine, Ron," she said, getting off of the floor to sit on the couch next to him. Ron leaned over and hugged her tightly to him, and immediately she began to cry on his shoulder.

They sat quietly and talked about what a hero Harry was, and how he had sacrificed his own life for many others. They recalled their days at Hogwarts, and everyday that they had all spent together up to his death a few months ago. Hermione mentioned that she had already visited her Pensieve three times today, and suddenly Ron grasped her hand to stand up.

"I have an idea," he said, pulling her back into her bedroom. He walked up to her Pensieve, with her by his side, and before Hermione knew it they were both at her wedding reception.

"Dance with me," Ron whispered as he watched Hermione's eyes follow the memory of her and Harry as they walked out onto the beach.

Ron gently pulled her along through the sand and they both came to stop next to her and Harry. Once the piano began to play, Ron held Hermione closely to him. It was comforting, being held by Ron, and for the first time in months, she was back with her boys. She rested her cheek on Ron's shoulder, never taking her eyes off of her and Harry.

She gazed longingly, as if in a trance as she kissed Harry slowly, and before she knew it, their song came on and a familiar voice filled the night air. She shivered involuntarily as she actually listened to the words…it seemed like they were written just for this moment. She watched as the memory of Harry and herself exchanged grins and soft whispers of I love you's.

"I miss him," she whispered to Ron.

"Me too Hermione," he said gently, "me too."

Hermione's gaze remained glued to Harry, and she could have sworn he stared right into her own eyes and mouthed 'I love you.'