Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Picture Love by painterchica

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I don't own anything you recognize.

-----

To while away- forbidden things!
My heart would feel to be a crime
Unless it trembled with the strings.

--"Romance" by Edgar Allen Poe

-----

I grew up thinking that love was supposed to be pure, simple, and wonderful. Mum would always tell me that the moment you stop looking for love, it’ll sneak up behind you and change your life forever. Because once you breathe in the intoxicating scent of love, nothing else ever smells quite as sweet. I never once doubted her on that, until now.

I’m in love, and it makes me sick to think about. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. What ever happened to the fresh daisies and blue skies that were meant to go hand in hand with a first love? There were no fireworks when he kissed me, no shivers of delight when he touched me for the very first time.

It was all a plot, a vengeful lie. After all, what could possibly make Ron Weasley angrier than knowing that his baby sister was snogging a Malfoy? I wanted so badly to make him realize that I wasn’t a baby anymore”I was capable of making my own choices, consequences be damned. I didn’t care that I was essentially propositioning Draco Malfoy, and by doing that, I had officially turned myself into a ‘scarlet woman’.

It wasn’t supposed to mean anything.

I wasn’t supposed to even like him, let alone anything more.

Yet, after only a week, he wasn’t just a cold, evil shell, but a real human being. And that’s when I realized that the consequences of this illicit arrangement might be too much for me to handle.

-----

“We have to end it.”

“Why?” Ginny protested immediately.

Draco stroked a finger down her cheek, offering a half-smirk. “You’re getting too attached.”

Ginny’s hazel eyes narrowed. “What are you on about?” she replied hotly, swatting his hand away.

Draco chuckled quietly. “Admit it, Weasley, you have feelings for me.”

“Well, aren’t you the most pretentious bastard in all the land,” Ginny snapped, “I suppose you think that girls will just fall all over themselves to be with you, is that it?”

“Not all girls. Just you,” Draco replied wryly.

Ginny made a strangled noise of outrage, and Draco found himself roughly pinned against the stone corridor wall, the petite redhead’s hand on his chest.

“Temper, Weasley,” the Slytherin reminded.

“I was NOT falling all over myself, Malfoy. I made an offer, and YOU accepted,” Ginny hissed. “You could have easily said no.”

“I could have,” Draco agreed.

“It’s not like I forced you into it.”

“No forcing required.”

“I wasn’t that desperate.”

“Not at all desperate.” Draco’s lips quirked.

“And…” Ginny was about to say something else, but instead found herself distracted by the subtle movement that was just made. She stared at his mouth, his thin, light pink lips twisted in their usual mocking way. Her hand fell unconciously from its position on the Slytherin’s torso. Her head felt light, and an invisible force was preventing her from tearing her eyes away. There was a distinct longing to reach out and…and…

“Weasley?” Draco asked, cocking his head to the right.

A split-second decision was made, and then Ginny was devouring him.

Draco’s breathing hitched slightly as she crushed her mouth against his. He felt her tongue slide across his bottom lip, probing for entrance. Draco responded immediately, enjoying the passion and taste that had become so familiar in the past few days.

Ginny’s arms slithered around his neck, fingers toying with the ends of his silky blonde locks. She tugged once, smiling against his lips as Draco groaned.

Draco rested his hands low on Ginny’s hips. He jerked her body so it was flush against his.

It was familiar, but at the same time so much more.

Draco pulled away suddenly.

“I thought it was all for show,” he panted.

“It is,” Ginny breathed, bestowing kisses and little licks down his neck.

Draco glanced from side to side, noting that the hallway was completely deserted.

“Then why are you kissing me?”

Ginny’s eyes widened and she bit down. Hard.

“OW!!” Draco yelped. “What in the bleedin’ hell was that for?!” he yelled.

Ginny jumped away and shushed him anxiously. “I’m sorry, Malfoy, you just startled me with that question. Now you’re going to wake the whole castle up with your whining, so shut it.”

“I startled you?” Draco asked in disbelief, “That implies that you think it perfectly normal for us to be alone in a dark corridor and snogging the hell out of each other, Weasley. It’s not, you know.”

“I…yes…I mean, NO…I know…”

“Make up your damn mind.”

“Do you want the truth?” Ginny asked him daringly. “You won’t like it.”

Draco raised an eyebrow. “Try me.”

“I think…I love you,” she admitted, head raised, looking directly into his eyes.

“Well, obviously,” he quipped smugly.

Ginny glared. “You are an unbelievable toe-rag, Malfoy.”

“Oh, Weasley, have I broken your heart now? Expected me to return your little love confession, did you? Expected me to take you in my arms and say I’ll never leave you?”

Maybe a little, Ginny thought.

“Oh, you do,” she said with a nod. Might as well screw with his mind a bit.

“Do WHAT?”

“You love me,” Ginny murmured.

“I do not,” Draco insisted venomously.

“Don’t you?”

“No, I don’t!” he exclaimed.

“Are you sure about that, Draco?” she purred, swaggering closer to him. Draco was becoming aware of the reactions this little redhead could get out of him at the worst of times.

He shuddered slightly when he felt fingertips lightly dancing across his jaw.

A pause.

“I…could,” Draco said carefully.

“Would you?” Ginny whispered into the curve of his shoulder.

“I don’t know.” He was struggling to keep his voice steady, and he knew it.

Ginny met his hooded gaze. “You let me know when you figure it out.”

Draco nodded dumbly.

On an impulse, Ginny kissed him one more time.

“See you later.” And she was gone.

Draco touched his swollen lips thoughtfully.

Yes, he decided, I’ll see her later.

--END--