Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry's Sixth Year by GringottsVault711

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 1: The Wedding

With Ginny Weasley’s arm in his, Harry looked around wide-eyed; he had never been to a wizard wedding before. He was dressed in his inky blue best man’s robes, Ginny in silky light blue bridesmaid robes. When they reached the end of the aisle, Harry kissed her on the cheek as she walked to the left; he took his place on the right, gave Ron a pat on the back and grinned.

“You’re going to be fine.”

Ron, dressed in robes to match Harry’s, smiled nervously, but didn’t say anything. He looked anxious, but happy just the same. Harry looked around at the guests: Mrs. Weasley was smiling, and clearly trying her best not to burst into tears. She was holding her husband’s hand; Mr. Weasley was positively beaming. Near them were Professor McGonagall, Mad-Eye Moody, Lupin, and Sirius. Harry winked at his godfather, who, looking almost as handsome as he did at the wedding of Harry’s own parents, winked back. Next to Harry were Fred, George, Bill and Charlie. Percy was missing. On the other side, Ginny was trying not to laugh at Luna, another bridesmaid, who was humming the Wedding March, a song Muggles commonly played at weddings. Next to her were Fleur and Angelina, Bill and Fred’s girls.

The music changed, and everybody turned expectantly to see the bride. She looked beautiful, her hair was sleek, tied up in a knot and she was wearing beautiful robes of white. Her face was slightly hidden by a veil, a Muggle tradition that had confused Ron at first, but had sent Arthur Weasley into fits of delight. She began to walk towards them, escorted by her father -

“Wake up! We’re going to be late!”

Harry felt himself shaken from his dreams by Mrs. Weasley. He opened his eyes just in time to see her flash of red hair leaving the room.

BANG!

“OW!”

Harry looked around confused. In the dark corner he could see Ron on the floor, muttering swears under his breath.

“You all right, mate?” Harry asked as he dragged himself out of his bed and into his clothes.

“Fine, just slammed my foot into the dresser. Sleep alright?” Ron replied, yawning. He was already in his clothes and was just doing some last minute packing.

“Yeah. I had a funny dream, you were getting married...”

“Really?” Ron replied distractedly, trying to stuff two books into his trunk. “Who was the lucky witch?”

“Can’t remember, couldn’t really see her face, but I knew her. Everyone was there though, your family, Luna, Fleur, Lupin, Sirius-”

Harry stopped. Suddenly a lump had formed in his throat and he felt as though a pewter cauldron had landed in his stomach. He thought about how he had winked at Sirius in the dream, and he had winked back. He had looked so young, so happy...

“It’s okay, mate.”

Ron came over quietly and gave Harry a hug, something that he would never have done before, but they had all gotten a lot more mature since the end of last year. Ron patted him on the back and stepped away, looking nervous, wondering whether he should change the subject or be quiet. But Harry saved him the trouble.

“Better get going or we’ll be late. Don’t want to miss the train, or we’ll be having to get a hold of a flying car.”

He grinned. Ron eased up. Harry was definitely still upset, but the joke and the grin were genuine.

“Yeah. Besides, can’t wait to see Hermione...ask her how Bulgaria was. I’ve missed her.”

Harry thought there was a slight bitterness in Ron’s tone when he mentioned Bulgaria, but he didn’t think about it too much, he was still slightly distracted by thoughts of Sirius and the dream. Besides, he too also was looking forward to seeing Hermione, though he had a sneaking suspicion that his own eagerness to hear about Bulgaria was more genuine than Ron’s.

Just then, Ginny’s voice came from outside the Burrow:

“Ron, Harry, hurry up! We have to leave now!”

The boys gathered up their things, while Harry continued thinking about the dream, about Sirius, trying to remember who the bride was, as it was now bothering him. He turned to look at Ron, who seemed lost in thought. They went downstairs quietly. Year six was about to begin.