Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Swapping with Snape by Loz

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry’s transference had been a painful one, and he was still nursing a sore arm from hitting the bookcases behind him. He was reeling from the change. Everything was so much smaller when you were that much taller. Dumbledore seemed to act like nothing had happened, like everything was fine, but everything was not fine. Harry felt like his insides had been torn in two, that life would never be the same again. And in a way, he was right.

Dumbledore got them to read out some sort of chant, not unlike the one he had said before and Harry amazed at how his voice was Snape’s voice, how his words were words Snape would use. He didn’t mean to sound like the Potions Master, it wasn’t his intention to adopt his mannerisms, but it occurred all the same like a natural reflex, as if a back-up in the eventuality something like this would happen.

For a moment there Harry had felt all powerful. He smiled as he thought of the joy he had felt in tormenting Snape. He was in authority, he was in the stronger body, he could threaten Snape. And then Snape has started hitting him and he felt infinitely weak again. He couldn’t even bring himself to pull himself off. It was a conflict between mind and body, heart and soul. It was just too strange for his mind to fully contemplate.

“And now I think it’s time for us to get to bed. Severus, could you stay behind a moment?”

“Do you mean him or me?” Harry asked tentatively stepping forward. Dark lank hair curled under his chin. “The first thing I am doing is having a shower,” Harry thought momentarily.

“You, of course, Severus,” Dumbledore said looking over his glasses. Snape hovered nearby.

“You want me to leave? Already?” he asked, sounding particularly nervous.

“Yes, I think it is best you go to bed, the others may be worried about you,” Dumbledore said with a wave of his hand. Harry watched as Snape shuffled slowly out of the room. He turned back to Dumbledore.

“What you did there, wasn’t particularly fair, Harry,” Dumbledore said quietly whilst piercing him with a razor sharp look.

“I know that I was impolite, Headmaster. I promise it won’t happen again,” Harry said before frowning, “I thought you were going to call me Severus from now on?”

“I will, when you are both in the room, or in public. But I felt it safe to address you informally whilst we’re alone,” Dumbledore replied. “How do you feel?”

“Not very good. I’m aching all over, and it is strange listening to myself speaking like Snape.”

“The pain will go away in a matter of hours and you will gradually get used to speaking differently,” Dumbledore said with a slight smile. “Be glad that these are the least of your concerns. Now, you know how to get back to your quarters, don’t you?”

“I think so.”

“I’ll show you the way if you are unsure,” Dumbledore said, standing up. He put his hand gently on Harry’s shoulder and steered the way out of the office. As they walked Harry mused on how different everything felt and started to look forward to a warm cozy bed.

***************

As he walked into his quarters, Harry felt a mixture of nausea and relief. It was lucky that Dumbledore showed him where to go, he would surely have lost his way. He had had a half-baked idea that his quarters were in the Dungeons, near the Slytherin common room. In reality, the Professor’s quarters were nowhere near there. Harry had never been in this wing of the castle before. It was beautiful, and very home-like. Dumbledore had pointed towards the rooms where the other Professors resided.

“I am just down there. Good night, Severus, sweet dreams!” Dumbledore had said before moving away.

Harry looked around the bedroom. It was a dark room. The walls were dark grey stone, the curtains dark green, the rug on the floor a deep maroon. There was a window by the bed, the curtain drawn and the moon glinting invitingly. A cupboard off to the right stood slightly open, and Harry could see a small mirror on the inside of the door. Next to the cupboard the door to the bathroom was closed. A music player and cabinet stood majestically in the corner. Harry decided a shower could wait until the morning, right now, the bed looked the most attractive option.

Harry walked over to the cupboard in an attempt to find some night clothes. Silver satin pajamas glided against his hand as he rummaged through the drawers underneath the actual wardrobe and Harry pulled them out.

“These will do,” he murmured absentmindedly unbuttoning his top button. He was barechested now as he started to slip on the nightshirt. He looked into the mirror, shrieked, and ducked out of view. He proceeded to undress with his eyes looking firmly away from his body. Snape’s body. As he slipped into the pajama bottoms he almost tripped over from looking steadfastly out of the window. As soon as he was dressed, Harry moved into the bathroom. A medicine cabinet was hung above the sink, a shower and a bath took up one whole side of the room, and a toilet was in the corner farthest from the door. Harry washed his hands and splashed some water on his face. He opened the cabinet to look for toothpaste and brushed his teeth quickly. He then walked back into the bedroom and sat on the bed.

Suddenly he felt a stirring from behind him, something was moving in the bed. He whipped around and saw two bright yellow eyes glinting at him. He gasped in fright and watched as a silver and black cat came crawling towards him. The cat wore a green collar and as he stroked the cat he saw the name Fidens engraved on a silver circle nameplate. The cat purred as it brushed up against him. In some ways it was not unlike McGonagall in her cat form, and for a second Harry had some very creepy thoughts before smiling grimly to himself over his overactive imagination and crawling under the sheets.