Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

One Weird World by Juliette

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Everything belongs to Jo. I got the names for the Weird Sisters from the Famous Witch or Wizard cards. I also kind of borrowed a line from the Academy Is… song “Down and Out” when Donoghan is talking to Myron about sunglasses. You’ll see what I mean. Anyway, the personalities of the characters and the plot of this story are all mine!!! Bwahh ha ha… okay… back to the story…




As the sun rose over the venue a lone lime green tour bus could be seen on the horizon. Inside, as we will later discover, rested the legendary band, The Weird Sisters.

“Another fine day in the lives of the Weird Sisters,” Myron sighed as he stretched out of bed and poked Merton in the side. He let out a squeal, but continued to snore peacefully.

“Fine then,” Myron thought, “if that’s how you want it.” Slowly as not to wake anyone else yet he furrowed through his bag and found, lo and behold, a megaphone. Now would you really want a megaphone in the hands of a whiny lead singer, much less a magical megaphone?

“BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP!!!!!!!!!!”

“Ahhhhhhh!!!”

“Bloody hell!!!”

“What th-!”

“No way!!!!!”

“Good morning everyone!” boomed a grinning Myron, “I hope you all slept well and are thoroughly ready to play our last show before we invade Hogwarts to wreak havoc.”

“Noooooooo,” whined Kirley stuffing his head farther under the covers. He was always the hardest to get up in the morning or in this case afternoon. “You can’t be serious.”

“All right guys, come on, we have a show to get ready for,” Donoghan encouraged with a yawn. “We will be playing in front of all of London. We must look our weirdest.” The Sisters reluctantly started getting dressed and applying the finishing touches to their wardrobe.

Meanwhile…


“What are you talking about? You didn’t get the letter?” Voldemort raged. He was having one of his “evil moments” and was more than a little upset with one of his spies.

“My lord, I tried, but the owl was too fast,” the unfortunate spy begged.

“Well, okay, I guess I can let you off with a warning,” Voldemort smiled and took a sip of his pink lemonade. He was now entering one of his “childish moments.” These were rare times and were to be handled with caution. “Crucio,” Voldemort muttered with a flick of his wand.

“My lord, if I could interfere for just a moment,” Lucius Malfoy cut in. “I would just like to point out that you have a letter.”

“A letter? From who?” Voldey inquired curiously. He turned and looked toward his window with little red shutters. Sitting there looking horribly terrified was a plain looking tawny owl. Lucius opened the window and the owl flew to Voldemort who started stroking it and making soft cooing sounds clearly terrifying the owl even more. This continued until Lucius cleared his throat pointedly. “Oh, yes, the letter.” Voldemort said as he unstuck the seal and unfolded the letter. It read:

Dear Mr. Voldemort,
It has come to my attention that you are looking for a certain letter that was sent by the Weird Sisters to Albus Dumbledore. I have intercepted the letter and sent a copy of it to old Dumbles. I am enclosing the original to you in this letter. The letter says that the Weird Sisters will be playing a show at Hogwarts on January 8th from 8:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. If you are wondering why I am giving you this information all I have to say to you is, you will understand in time.
Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


Meanwhile…

“Hello London!” shouted Donoghan, “We are the Weird Sisters and we are here to rock your weird world!” With that the Sisters started playing their first song unbeknownst that somewhere in a pink house with red shutters an evil dark lord was plotting their demise.

“Ready guys? All right, 1, 2, 3, 4!” and they were off, “Ohhh, wooooaaaaaahhhh, ohhh” sang Myron. He closed his eyes while enjoying the feeling of being up onstage. He wouldn’t trade lives with anyone in the world. The bass boomed around him while Kirley rolled around on the stage and threw his guitar around his body too many times to count. They always felt at home when performing.

“The crowd is loving it,” commented Kirley taking a swig of water between songs. The black t-shirt clad fans were jumping around and trying to get on stage. It was getting crazy even for a Weird Sisters show.

“Man, look at that guy! I’m sure glad all our fans aren’t old guys!” Kirley snickered and pointed into the crowed at a grown man with an excess amount of hair dancing and singing while his embarrassed looking son stood awkwardly at his side. They agreed, and Myron signaled to Donoghan to switch gears and follow with a mellower song.

“Hey you guys!” shouted Gideon to the waiting crowd, “We wrote this next song during the height of Voldemort’s power, so for all of you that know the words, sing along! It’s called ‘No Tomorrow.’”

“There is no tomorrow with your great threat loomin’ over us / we are sick of tryin’ to keep safe from all your lust / we don’t know who to trust / ‘cause you’ve made our world unjust…” Myron sang. The Sisters’ all felt a silly smiles creep onto their faces as the crowd dutifully sang the words back to them. It was one of the Weird Sisters best shows by far.

“Look, they’re begging for an encore!” Kirley grinned as they finished their set with their first hit, “Weirdness Ensues”. The guitars whirled and the bagpipes piped as Myron jumped up and down getting tangled in the microphone chord.

Later in the tour bus…

“That was amazing! When and how did we ever get that good?” asked Gideon, settling down on the tangerine colored couch once again.

“We rocked,” agreed Donoghan. “I can’t wait to see the faces of those Hogwarts kids when they see just how amazing we are.”

“Don’t get cocky now,” Myron warned.

“Cocky?! Moi? I hate to break it to you mate, but I’m not the one who insists on wearing his red sunglasses everywhere even when the sun went down more than an hour ago,” Donoghan teased.

“That’s true, but come on guys,” Merton reasoned. He wanted to avoid the fight that was brewing. Kirley and Gideon, thinking the same thing, were already taking cover under tiny pink and blue striped pillows. “We should probably practice some more and organize a set list, so we know what we want to play when we get to Hogwarts.”

“Okay,” they chorused.

“Of course, after we finish the list I think we need to organize a little special something for the Hogwarts show, if you know what I mean,” Donoghan suggested with a sneaky gleam in his eyes.

“Oh, yes, I agree,” said Kirley with a knowing smile. “I know exactly what you mean. We’ll give Dumbledore a little reminder of what Hogwarts was like back when we were students.”



A/N: Wow, you actually read this far! I am very proud of you. Anyway, I am so sorry that this update took so long. I was really busy and suffered from a severe case of writer's block. Chapter 3 should be up soon. Also, you will get to see more different points of view in the coming chapters, so look forward to that. For now, will we ever see why McGonagall has sided with Voldemort? Will we ever find out what The Weird Sisters are up to? I love reviews, so please please review!