Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

One Weird World by Juliette

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The stars were just beginning to peak out in the midnight blue sky as a lime green tour bus sputtered to a stop outside of the high and intimidating gates of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The Weird Sisters clambered out of the bus and stretched from the long journey as an old woman in a battered witch’s hat walked primly down the sloping lawn to open the gates.

“Why, hello boys, you’re back at Hogwarts I see,” she said her eyes glinting in the moonlight as she took in their outlandish appearance with disapproving eyes.

“Uh, yes, Professor McGonagall … how are you his fine evening?” Myron asked politely trying to straighten his frayed T-shirt without any luck while wondering why she was acting so friendly to them. She was never this nice. Had Dumbledore finally listened to his suggestions and slipped a liquid cheering charm into her evening pumpkin juice? Yeah that must have been it. She had never really liked that while at school the future Weird Sisters had looked up to the legendary Marauders, who were a few years older than the Sisters.

“I’m fine, thank you Mr. Barbary,” she said with possibly a hint of a smile, but then her face turned stern and stony again, “Now, Dumbledore has requested that you join us in the Great Hall for what is left of dinner. He has been quite eager to see you all again.” She then motioned for them to follow her.

And so they sauntered behind her up the sloping lawns, through the doors to the Entrance Hall, and into the Great Hall where some late arriving students were finishing their dinner. Among these few stragglers were three friends: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.

“Ron, how many times do I have to tell you! Sir Nicolas does not appreciate your snide comments about his ghostly existence,” Hermione chastised wearily looking at Ron who was too busy stuffing his mouth full of pumpkin pie to respond and had to satisfy himself with giving her an annoyed look.

“Hermione, give it a rest, please,” Harry said exhaustedly. It was almost Christmas break and the teachers were insisting on working them until the glorious sound of the last bell finally rang. The students really needed a break, especially the 7th years, and something to look forward to, which is exactly what Dumbledore had in mind.

“Good evening, my dear friends! How are you? I was quite ecstatic when I received your letter that you were coming. These students need to lighten up a bit.” Dumbledore stated, walking up the center aisle between two house tables with a boyish grin and a twinkle in his bright blue eyes.

“Thanks Dumbledore,” Donoghan sighed with a grin to match Dumbledore’s, “We can’t wait to play.” He surveyed the room; it was the same old Hogwarts as he remembered it. Yep, there were the burn marks from the fiasco with the salamander, Filibuster Fireworks, and butterbeer when they were in third year. “Ah, it’s good to know not everything changes,” Donoghan reminisced.

“Wonderful, wonderful, come and relax. You must be exhausted from all that touring!” Dumbledore motioned for them to sit down.

“If I remember correctly, the last time I attended one of your concerts there was so much energy,” he paused, a look of glee playing on his face, “that I, well, wanted to be a part of it, so I was inspired, if you will, to crowd surf,” he was clearly grinning now, “which actually turned out quite enchanting,” Dumbledore mused with an expression of utmost content as he dug into the plate in front of him and motioned for the Sisters to do the same.




“Ah, interesting fellow, that Dumbledore, hasn’t changed a bit,” Kirley laughed and flopped down on his four poster bed later that night after saying their goodnights to Dumbledore.

“So men, are you ready to unfold operation Weird Out Hogwartians with a little mischief?” Gideon smiled sinisterly staring at all the Weird Sisters who wore smiles that matched his.

“Yes, but not now,” sighed Myron already pulling the covers up to his chin. (The red sunglasses were hidden just underneath) “I really need my beauty sleep.”

Reluctantly the rest of the Sisters got into bed. Their plans would have to wait until the next day.

“But it’ll be worth it,” thought Merton with a smirk as the Sisters drifted into dreamland.




As the sun rose over the mountains surrounding Hogwarts and sunlight flooded the windows, the Weird Sisters slept soundly. They were still asleep as the sun neared the middle of the sky, Professor McGonagall, however, was not.

“Oh this must work,” she muttered to herself pacing back and forth across her small office filled with afternoon sunshine. “It has to.” She affirmed, her lips pursed while wringing her hands. “I must be doing the right thing. Yes, I know it.”

No one would ever suspect the stern but fair Professor McGonagall to be a supporter of Voldemort. No one . It was unthinkable. Why would someone so concerned with the education of her students and so friendly with Dumbledore ever think of joining the dark side? It made no sense.

“It’s all because Dumbledore!” she muttered angrily.

“He never appreciates all of the work I do and is always leaving me out of important plans for the Order. I am sick and tired of having to find out everything from Severus! His notes are always covered in greasy streaks which, of course, makes them impossible to read!” She finished with a huff and glared at the scared looking owl perched precariously on her window sill.

“So do I give him my support?” she mused to no one in particular. “I hate not being useful or appreciated. I can do so many things to help end this war. But do I end it for the good side or the dark side?” she paced. “That’s the question.”




Much later that evening or more accurately in the wee hours of the next morning, the five Weird Sisters crept out of their rooms near the Astronomy Tower to the uninhabited third floor corridor.

At the same time someone a few floors above opened a window and released an owl, whispering softly, “Go, fly as fast as you can. I know he doesn’t like to wait. You and I are now on his side.” She watched it fly over the grounds and out of sight with her determined eyes reflecting the cold moonlight.

On the other side of the castle, Myron flicked his wand and white lines appeared in a diamond shape around the third floor corridor. Next, Donoghan lit up three of the gargoyle statues so they formed three bases and now wore expressions like they’d just inhaled a drove of fireflies in one sitting. It was time for some fun.

“Play ball!” Donoghan shouted in his best impersonation of a muggle umpire. “It’s time for some Third Floor Corridor Kickball!”

“Come one, I can take it, do your worst,” Gideon taunted Merton who was pitching first while trying to ignore the comments from a portrait who was criticizing his form. Merton and Myron were always on the same team with Kirley and Gideon opposing them. Donoghan preferred to break up the arguments and enforce the ever growing list of rules. (“No, that’s wrong. It’s on the second Thursday of the month that you have to skip to first base, not the Wednesday! Don’t you remember?!”)

“Ha!” Myron yelled at Kirley who was preparing to kick by perfecting the spikes in his aqua mohawk, “We’ve got you now! There’s no way you’re gonna win when we’ve got the Mertonator!” The Weird Sisters had come up with Third Floor Corridor Kickball in their fourth year and only played it on special occasions late at night so that the castle wouldn’t get too quiet.

Soon enough, just as the Sisters had planned, curious students and teachers rose from their quiet slumber to come find out where all of the noise was coming from. They all wore expressions of befuddlement, and really, who can blame them? Seeing a world famous rock band playing kickball in the third floor corridor at 4 o’clock in the morning is not a regular occurrence, even in the magical world.

“Um, excuse me,” started a perplexed Hermione Granger as she stepped out the crowed which had amassed around all of the entrances. “Er, um, what are you doing?” Harry and Ron stood next to her with the same looks of befuddlement on their faces.

“Is that really the Weird Sisters playing kickball in the third floor corridor in the middle of the night?” Harry whispered to Ron hardly believing his eyes as he gazed at his favorite rock band on the planet.

“Yes, we’re playing Third Floor Corridor Kickball. Would you care to join us?” Myron asked looking over at the three friends completely serious.

“Yeah!” said Ron pushing forward to pitch the ball next taking a wide-eyed Hermione and still confused Harry with him.

“STOP RIGHT THERE!”

“Ah, come on, we were just getting start“” Kirley began, but upon identifying the speaker, he looked as though he’d rather have just kept quiet.